When do mobs stop attacking (if ever)?

cotheer

Title.

So, what's the level difference between player and monsters at which you completely lose aggro (monsters stop attacking)?

I'd really like to do some roaming around without being stopped every few meters just because some douche mob thought it had a chance at defeating me.:mad:

Title.

So, what's the level difference between player and monsters at which you completely lose aggro (monsters stop attacking)?

I'd really like to do some roaming around without being stopped every few meters just because some douche mob thought it had a chance at defeating me.:mad:

I'm at lvl50 and since there was nothing interesting to do anymore, I went uncovering all maps which had some black hexagons left.

Went to Hutta, lvl1 and some close mobs were still attacking! could blast them off with a single lightsaber strike though..

From my own observation, I'm not sure they ever give up completely. All I've noticed is a reduction in agro radius the higher you are above a mobs level. I've had mobs on Coruscant attack my lvl 50 when I've been harvesting low level mats if you get to close to them, especially silver and gold mobs.

There's an aggro radius that I believe decreases to nearly 100% on a sliding scale when you're 10 levels higher than the gray mobs. But I don't believe it's ever quite 100%. Edited by jgelling

Just run through. They only chase you for a short distance and then give up. With all of my pub characters, the first thing I always did when I got to Coruscant was go to the Old Galactic Trade market and grab the "Republics Most Wanted" Heroic 2+. I would then turn off my companions attack and run straight there (the whole way shouting LFG). Everything you aggro eventually stops once you're out of range. Granted, you do run slower while they're chasing you, but a lot of times, you can run in between groups and not have to worry about that too much.

A level 1 MOB aggroing onto a level 50 player is somewhat silly, granted. But for nostalgia's sake does anyone remember the name of the littler critter MOB in SWG that could be found just outside of NPC cities on Tat that would aggro onto players of any level? One could view TOR's mechanic as a slight tip-of-the-hat, but that's a reach.

Given the option, I'd prefer the BioWare Devs to draw from the mechanics of EQ2 where, if a MOB is grey to the player, it would actually cringe and turn away from the player as the player walks/rides by. A seemingly trivial thing to many I'm sure, but definitely a nice touch.

There's an aggro radius that I believe decreases to nearly 100% on a sliding scale when you're 10 levels higher than the gray mobs. But I don't believe it's ever quite 100%.

^This but with a caveat: 10 levels ++ and do NOT run into them. You can get right next to them ... but don't "touch" them and they will not attack. So for instance if there is a chest that is right next to a mob 10++ levels lower than you and you do not touch the mob while opening the chest (e.g. "bump" into them) they won't move. You can pretty much walk, run, ride by mobs and they won't interact with you if you don't interact with them. Radius doesn't seem to apply.

when a bee stings me, I laugh and watch it die...but if 100 bees sting me, I may not feel so good....I like how low levels still try...I always thought it was silly (in other games) when you run through, low end mobs just stand there....having them try at least adds something to the game....

besides it raises my EPEEN level when I aoe a bunch of them, and hear their tiny screams....