This is killing Star Wars

Sonikon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

........you're wrong. dead wrong. i'm not going to go into why and how. but you're wrong...

SW fans are probably the largest fanbase in the WORLD....they make ES fans look like the last group of an endangered species.....

now those fans may not be game, much less MMO, fans..but to say ES fans are bigger just shows complete ignorance to facts.

It's a running problem on these forums. You get used to it after awhile.

It's not in the middle of the night everywhere. :csw_yoda:

Obviously, but the argument the guy made was a joke. If a 4 hour maintenance is a game breaker for you, then how do you even play MMOs? Please return to your Xbox so you don't have to deal with the downtimes. lol

Edited by Waterush

You know the story. Despite the specifications being CLEARLY posted well before launch, someone inevitably attempts to load the game on a pos system with out of date drivers, subpar video cards and processors, etc, and ultimately, they run into issues. And then these self proclaimed valued customers flood the forums and cry about how the install won't happen, causing customer support to spend time answering these QQ posts when they could be addressing real issues and the developers and game designers could be working on future content. But wait, there's more. When the self proclaimed valued customer does finally manage to get the game loaded, it's virtually unplayable because they are STILL attempting to play on a pos system, so now, they open tickets and they create multiple QQ threads all over the forums stating that customer support is worthless and the developers and game designers are noobs, blah blah blah.

When in fact, it's all PEBKAC.

In the meantime, the developers are spending valuable time making tweaks on their end so these self proclaimed valued customers have a better gaming experience, all while still trying to continue to handle real issues and work on future content.

But then the forums are flooded with QQ because the content doesn't come fast enough.

You get the point.

If your load times are extensive, you need to upgrade your system.

If you are having load times when you click on your map to travel to another planet, there is most certainly something wrong on your end.

If you don't like the way the Space Combat is designed, don't do it. It's optional. Opt out of it.

TLDR: If the game is not what you had hoped for and doesn't meet your overall expectations, then uninstall and unsubscribe.

Edited by Jennasydal

This seems like a good place to explain what kills this game for me. It has to do with the trooper storyline, but I'll keep it generic enough to avoid spoilers

So as the most elite troops in the republic my quest was winding down. I had tracked the ultimate evil down to corellia and we have it cornered, holed up in a fortified compound. This presents a difficulty and the solution ended up being the biggest disappointment in this game.

So the solution to get into this compound???? Steal a big stinking tank and smash through the front doors!!!! Hell yeah!! finally, after all the fetch,fedex, kill x guys, use a computer quests this was going to be AWESOME. I was going to jump into this tank, ride through the streets of corellia dispensing justice, culminating in me blowing a big hole in the fortifications that my enemy quivers behind.

I set out immediately, b-lining for this tank, blasting my through throngs of puny imps to obtain my goal. Finally at the tank i get goosebumps, all the crap I put up with up to this point is worth it. As I click on the tank hatch I hear the countdown from mission control.... 3.......2.......1....Blastoff!!!!!

Oh wait a minute..... a load screen???? Oh snap, I won't get to control the tank but there is going to be this sweet cutscene like the ones I saw in the TV commercials. Thats cool, at least I will be able to see my wrath becoming reality on the mean streets of corellia..... oh boy loading screen almost finished, wish I had popcorn for this epic stuff!!!!!!!

WAIT a minute?????? What is this?????????????? Loading screen finishes and I am standing next to the tank inside the compound..................

I slogged through the rest of the quest line in a daze, thinking maybe I witnessed something so cool my brain had blocked it out to preserve my sanity. I could only think "wow this was the last quest that I will do as a trooper??" It had so much potential and it ended up just being a loading screen and a total cop out by someone at BW.

Thank you, but you missed this: If they had released and given us an MMO version Knights of The Old Republic, then this game would have been RED HOT, and I feel the player-base as whole would have been happier.

if you want a turn based MMO go play The Realm Online. it sucks but at least it has the excuse its older then any other MMO to date.

Also its still P2P

I'm starting to realize how much I really hate pessimists. I've pretty much gotten rid of their influence in my real life. All my friends and close associates are optimists. My life is so much better for it.

The only place I run into a barrage of pessimists is online game forums. They're like dementors from Harry Potter, lol, sucking all the joy out of life.

Luckily you have the power to avoid them!

Just don’t read posts made by those dementor like pessimists!

Look, problem solved!

This game met my expectations... and then some.

There will be bumps with any new start-up.

As for the lore, etc. the game will unfold before us as time goes on.

that's what makes it so frickin' awesome!

A big shout out to everyone on the development team.

OYA!!! :sy_bountyhunter:

This seems like a good place to explain what kills this game for me. It has to do with the trooper storyline, but I'll keep it generic enough to avoid spoilers

So as the most elite troops in the republic my quest was winding down. I had tracked the ultimate evil down to corellia and we have it cornered, holed up in a fortified compound. This presents a difficulty and the solution ended up being the biggest disappointment in this game.

So the solution to get into this compound???? Steal a big stinking tank and smash through the front doors!!!! Hell yeah!! finally, after all the fetch,fedex, kill x guys, use a computer quests this was going to be AWESOME. I was going to jump into this tank, ride through the streets of corellia dispensing justice, culminating in me blowing a big hole in the fortifications that my enemy quivers behind.

I set out immediately, b-lining for this tank, blasting my through throngs of puny imps to obtain my goal. Finally at the tank i get goosebumps, all the crap I put up with up to this point is worth it. As I click on the tank hatch I hear the countdown from mission control.... 3.......2.......1....Blastoff!!!!!

Oh wait a minute..... a load screen???? Oh snap, I won't get to control the tank but there is going to be this sweet cutscene like the ones I saw in the TV commercials. Thats cool, at least I will be able to see my wrath becoming reality on the mean streets of corellia..... oh boy loading screen almost finished, wish I had popcorn for this epic stuff!!!!!!!

WAIT a minute?????? What is this?????????????? Loading screen finishes and I am standing next to the tank inside the compound..................

I slogged through the rest of the quest line in a daze, thinking maybe I witnessed something so cool my brain had blocked it out to preserve my sanity. I could only think "wow this was the last quest that I will do as a trooper??" It had so much potential and it ended up just being a loading screen and a total cop out by someone at BW.

Thank you, I think you have explained it better than I could. It’s not maintenance downtime, or when it is scheduled that gets me down, it is this…after all the hype “story is the fourth pillar” stuff, this is what was released…I don’t hate the game by any measure, I am just very disappointed in it sometimes…not even a game rendered cutscene? So much potential…wasted.

:(