Marauder/Sentinels Overpowered? Evidence Below

iheartnyc

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=450942

Is it mathematically possible to do that in any other class? We're not talking about topping leaderboards...I do that on a regular basis - sometimes you can do that with under 200k damage. We are talking about destroying the leaderboard. 800k + damage.

I can tell you have no idea what is pvp is all about. why?? we are lack of CC, AOEs and lack of pressuring tanks. And that apples on all sort of pvp match from capping/defending nodes, Voids star doors, and hutballs.

If you PVP its all about DPS then you are dead wrong. and anyway those players are elitist are premade fully augmented gears rolling on pubs you cannot compare them with pubs.

Edited by EugeneYap

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=450942

600K is the lower range of what I'm talking about. I said 600-800k. As I said, any class I think can reasonably do 500k, maybe slightly more. But few are going to reach 800K consistently. I've posted several screenshots of various Sentinels/Marauders doing 700-800k + damage. One guy repeatedly.

Find me one Sorc post 1.2 who has exceeded 800K and I will shut up.

What more do you want, guy above me posted a sage hitting 930k, powertechs over 700k. And the highest dps in your OP were from a Jugg not a mara...

Sigh this is PRE 1.2.

READ THE THREAD!!!!!! go to later pages, I m pretty sure end of torvix is not pre 1.2 what about rakghoul plague?

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/mofo28d2/Screenshot_2012-05-07_01_22_40_436156.jpg

the bottom line is you saw one sent pull off these numbers (almost certainly with a pocket healer) and because you dont see any other classes do thsi you assume its impossible )

So what do you do? coem to forums and cry for nerf.....just pathetic

Edited by Gigabolt

What more do you want, guy above me posted a sage hitting 930k, powertechs over 700k. And the highest dps in your OP were from a Jugg not a mara...

The numbers are Pre 1.2....I pointed out that I never cared about this issue pre 1.2. It's only after they nerfed other classes, that the imbalance became even greater.

READ THE THREAD!!!!!! go to later pages, I m pretty sure end of torvix is not pre 1.2

I read the first 2 pages and the last 3 pages...don't see any indication that the list dated April 11, was updated to account for 1.2?

Those are just lolsmash marauder/juggernauts. Laugh at them for picking this EZ-mode-spec and kite them to death. You can easily avoid getting smashed for a while. Those numbers are a result of 3+ guys standing close to each other for the whole game and getting smash after smash from the warrior.

The problem with marauders isn't their damage, it's their defensive cooldowns. They just have too much of them / too powerful ones compared to other classes.

Oh, and one thing...warzone statistics don't prove a ****. I could deliver you a screenshot of a 1.1mio heal alderaan (Post 1.2 healing nerf). Does this mean sorcheal is op? Does it even mean sorcheal is viable? You can't tell, it's just AoE-whoring.

Edited by iphobia

Are you saying they nerfed juggernauts in 1.2? How so?

In a way yes. Sentinel/Marauders now have way to may cleansing/breaking abilities. You just can't CC/Mezz/DOT them anymore. Not only are they hard hitting, they've now become very strong defensively and are much more survivable.

In a way yes. Sentinel/Marauders now have way to may cleansing/breaking abilities. You just can't CC/Mezz/DOT them anymore. Not only are they hard hitting, they've now become very strong defensively and are much more survivable.

And what is the name of this magic anti-CC/Mezz/DoT ability that Marauders got in 1.2?

I love how these pics start out by highlighting the awesome unbalanced power of ... the Rage Juggernaut.

LOL. Basically, the Mara/Sent myth has gotten so ridiculous that you can blame anything on these classes.

I love how these pics start out by highlighting the awesome unbalanced power of ... the Rage Juggernaut.

LOL. Basically, the Mara/Sent myth has gotten so ridiculous that you can blame anything on these classes.

Exactly. They can't even tell the difference between the 2, yet call them selves "good pvpers". I don't even know why I still read these forums.

The screenshot he posted is post 1.2.

Do another sorc nerf!

As I said, the highest I have seen post 1.2 are from a Sorceror and Rage Juggernaughts respectively in the 950k range, just shy of 1million like that screenshot. The highest I have seen from a Marauder is 800k. And indeed Rage Juggernaughts in my experience tend to outdamage sentinels by 15% or so in Voidstars.

There is a certain element of randomness to the whole thing, but its pretty easy to see that in a pure theorycrafting world the rage specs will always outdamage the Watchman tree assuming you group people together like lemmings and have tons of healers present.

Anyway, all this to say that damage logs don't mean anything!

I think you didn't get the sarcasm. AoE- and DoT-damage isn't what PvP is about. I'd rather only do 400k total damage but have some heavy burst as Pyro PT?s have.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5762/screenshot2012042720121.jpg

Here you have nearly 1.1 mio heal from a sorc heal, post 1.2.

So dps and heal sorcs can pull those numbers.

Nerf 'em...TO THE GROOOOOOUND.

Edited by iphobia

As I said, the highest I have seen post 1.2 are from a Sorceror and Rage Juggernaughts respectively in the 950k range, just shy of 1million like that screenshot. The highest I have seen from a Marauder is 800k. And indeed Rage Juggernaughts in my experience tend to outdamage sentinels by 15% or so in Voidstars.

There is a certain element of randomness to the whole thing, but its pretty easy to see that in a pure theorycrafting world the rage specs will always outdamage the Watchman tree assuming you group people together like lemmings and have tons of healers present.

Well said Ebon!