swtor has 99 problems but pvp aint one

evilxpoptart

srs

I have never played a game where the class system was completely balanced in pvp. To my amazement swtor fits this category perfectly.

The open world pvp system is revolutionary to say the least. I am constantly engaged and thrilled combating massive opposing players with basically zero lag what so ever in a zergfest fashion.

They are constantly updating new content to consistently rejuvenate new and old pvp fans. Without I might add intimidation to fresh level capped players that have limited pvp experience.

With such a bright future I cannot wait for what will be released in the future. I would implore those that only contribute negative comments towards the current system to take a moment to relax step back and examine the big picture. Its working as intended.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I approve of this post.

My experiences involve two 50s and one lvl 43. However, I dislike the concept of expertise.

rofl i feel bad that you agree with this post..i mean...ive seen some obvious trolls ..but you've obviously never played this game to believe a word of the OP

srs

I have never played a game where the class system was completely balanced in pvp. To my amazement swtor fits this category perfectly.

The open world pvp system is revolutionary to say the least. I am constantly engaged and thrilled combating massive opposing players with basically zero lag what so ever in a zergfest fashion.

They are constantly updating new content to consistently rejuvenate new and old pvp fans. Without I might add intimidation to fresh level capped players that have limited pvp experience.

With such a bright future I cannot wait for what will be released in the future. I would implore those that only contribute negative comments towards the current system to take a moment to relax step back and examine the big picture. Its working as intended.[/QUO

Dear OP,

When was the last time you played?

The class balance in SWTOR is a joke. If you mean SWTOR class balance is perfectly out of balance then you would be correct. If you mean SWTOR PVP classes are perfectly balanced, then have you played since patch 1.2 was put in? Sentinels and Marauders are overpowered to say the least.

Open World PVP is DEAD. Bioware has removed the Daily/Weekly quests for the open world PVP area in Ilum. I would be amazed if ANYONE is still in that area.

There is horrible lag on most servers. Especially when you get many people together.

New content for PVP? In 5 months there has been ONE addition to the PVP warzones. I don't expect them to add warzones each week, but once every 5 months? That's a joke!

Bright future? That's why SWTOR lost at least 25% of subscribers within the 1st 3 months? A bright future?

Mr OP is a bioware/ea fanboi. Move along. This is not the post you are looking for.

I hope your check from EA/Bioware doesn't bounce Mr OP. That's all I really have to say to you.

srs

With such a bright future I cannot wait for what will be released in the future. I would implore those that only contribute negative comments towards the current system to take a moment to relax step back and examine the big picture. Its working as intended.

You left out "if you're a Melee" after the title.

srs

Actually Ultima Online comes to mind. And thats without much thought. It wasn't a gear based game, very rarely was it faction population imbalanced because "factions" were things you could join/unjoin. PvP didn't require you to be part of factions. Classes were quite balanced as any individual could kill another... there were separate distinct classes but it was not a rock/paper/scissors game.

What open world PvP? Unless you are suggesting that it is revolutionary to NOT have open world PvP in an MMO then I am afraid I don't follow you. "Zero lag in a zergfest situation"??? You clearly wern't around for Ilum.... you know... our ONLY open world PvP source that was removed from the game for being a super-laggy-zergfest

Only addition we got has been 1 warzone.

With such a bright future I cannot wait for what will be released in the future.

I have been saying this since beta. SOOOO much potential just waiting to be unlocked. Problem is.... its needs to be unlocked.

TL;DR--- LOL!

Edited by RJChief

srs

The first thing that came to mind as I read this post, what game forum did you copy this post from, and substitute the word "swtor" into. lol

I think what is happening is that there is so much more potential and they know it but they are pacing themselves with the release of that stuff. Can't give it all at once because people who play these games are voracious with content and devour it instantly. I think where they are struggling is with the balance of how much to release. In my opinion it is not enough, not yet.

srs

I see what you did there

The open world pvp system is revolutionary to say the least.

This made me laugh. Nice troll post. I have to agree with your sarcasm though, I can't think of a game that has worse open world pvp than swtor in its current state. In fact I would go as far as saying it just simply doesn't exist.

Fact of the matter is PvP content has gone backwards since release, we got 1 new, unoriginal WZ and lost world PvP. Awesome...

srs

OP- I think you're posting this in the wrong game's forum.

English might not be his primary language...:rolleyes:

Terribly sorry that I happen to agree with the topic post. If you feel that pvp in this game sucks, dont play it then.

Fact of the matter is PvP content has gone backwards since release, we got 1 new, unoriginal WZ and lost world PvP. Awesome...

How is adding pvp zones 'going backwards' by any definition? :rolleyes:

Edited by Karkais

srs

Bravo!!

Encore! Encore!

:D

Edited by Razot

How is adding pvp zones 'going backwards' by any definition? :rolleyes:

You quoted the answer to your own question..... and its a singular, not plural, they added a zone, and took away half a planet, and as a result killed 99.9% of world PvP. If you weigh that up and come out with a positive for PvP, then I am sorry, but your scales are not just.

This is sarcasim.

However, this game's pvp i like better than GW2 or WoW. Something so cool about charging into battle, and hearing the Hiss of the lightsaber and crackles as you hit people :).

There are certainly some good aspects of PvP in this game. That is what makes this so frustrating. I have a love/hate relationship with PvP play in this game atm...but the hate is winning out, especially as new alternatives for my gaming money/time show up.

I feel much the same frustration in this game as I did in Warhammer. Such potential if they can just figure out how to fix it. I admit I am no game dev, but it sure seems like the fixes are obvious and based on what I have seen in other games very doable.

They just don't seem willing or able to do it. Might there be a connection to the above mentioned game and the dev team that has worked on both games? I wonder...