New WZ. An Idea, err Dream....

lhhgbh

Yeah as stated I had a dream, woke up and decided to think on it and expand on it. I like Huttball probably the best out of all of the WZ's just because in a way it can kind of be a sandbox, or you can call it the Do-whatcha-like Warzone (go Digital Underground)... Anyway the idea is this:

It's a Huttball Maze.... I could stop right there, but let me go on.. Ball pops up in the center, teams enter from opposite sides and work their way to the center pretty much the way they do now. There will be the usual hazards and pitfalls, only I propose random fans that can carry them to a different part of the maze either putting them closer or further from where they want/need to be... I also propose a switch that is located near the center (or maybe the corners???) that comes up on a random cooldown that moves certain walls around thus changing the maze. People could camp those (or try to) to help or hurt their teammates. Learning the maze would be something that took time and would definitely help those who knew it, but still not be something that made scoring easy.

Anyway I am sure more could be thought of, but I tried to stay within the confines of what I have seen current WZ's do now (except for the moving wall part). I really like the idea of hazards or other things being something the players can activate thus giving more depth (and possibly a reason to have more than 8 players) to the WZ. A dedicated ball carrier and then dedicated protectors, and dedicated hazard activators would be a nice dynamic to toss into a WZ in any format. Anyway some might think this idea came from way outta left field, but I myself would love to play this WZ. I would also love to be on the dev team to make more WZ's as this is just but one of my many ideas I have had for new WZ's.... Peace.

Overall, I like this idea. Some will be confused by the walls changing and stuff, and it might be hard to program the wall-changing mechanic in a way that won't sometimes get players stuck in walls. But overall, it sounds like a brilliant strategic warzone. Good idea. Edited by Suzina