Why is the Rep Fleet so "Sinister" Compared to Imp Fleet?

Dawginole

Anyone ever noticed that Rep Fleet is dark and dank and dreary with bad yellow lighting and everything is closed in and has fences in front of the stores. It just feels like a grimy sad depressing place.

Then you go over to Imp Fleet and it's open and spacious and has a vibrant feel with huge windows to see out into space and is extremely well lit and clean feeling.

It's fascinating to me because it's the exact opposite of what I would expect each fleet to be. Anyone else noticed this?

I'd imagine because it gives the Republic fleet a "Used Future" aesthetic which would denote a sort of austere, but enduring and unyielding quality. The lack of refinement on the Republic fleet's part imparts a sense of directness and urgency to the Republic cause.

Conversely, everything is so neat and ordered on the Imperial side because the Imperials are fascist wankers.

I'd imagine because it gives the Republic fleet a "Used Future" aesthetic which would denote a sort of austere, but enduring and unyielding quality. The lack of refinement on the Republic fleet's part imparts a sense of directness and urgency to the Republic cause.

Conversely, everything is so neat and ordered on the Imperial side because the Imperials are fascist wankers.

Possibly the best explanation ever.

The Republic Fleet's upkeep is based on the advertisements like the one with the woman's face pursing her lips. Since none of us can read what she's selling we don't buy the product, hence there's little money coming in from the ad. That's why the Republic Fleet is lit by 30 watt incandescent bulbs.

The Imperial Fleet is paid by taxes and dues from the Dromund Kaas Pipefitters' Union- who are always employed since every wall is loaded with pipes and conduits, and every boundary that isn't a cliff is a wall loaded with pipes and conduits.

Imp Fleet uses daylight lamps.

Mr. Scourge doesn't seem to like it one bit.

I couldn't decide if being in a reflection pool caused him to reflect on his life and he was sad, or me making him finally take a bath was upsetting him, or if he was taking a twosie in the pool.

The Republic is run by clowns, imbeciles and fools, so naturally their ships are old, dank and decrepit.

The Republic Corps of Engineers tried to brighten the fleet up a bit by installing fresh air windows in the ships, but many fine Bothans died as a result. A moment of silence...

Edited by jgelling