Operative damage nerf? (again)

chadicus

It sure seems since tuesday that operatives/scoundrels have received yet another damage nerf. (Not the matrix cube fiasco). If that is the case why? The class already has the lowest sustained damage in the game.

Heh,

I doubt this thread will get much traction since we're such a small percentage of the population.

But here's my take:

I am full BM 4pc WH (MH/OH/Chest/Legs) scrapper.

I hit a nonbubbled, nonguarded sorc for 1200 noncrit on shoot first. I was not taunted. I saw no other mitigation buffs.

I hit many, many targets for 12-1500 noncrit shoot firsts now. Before 1.2 and the subsequent patches, I did not -notice- the low end damage being so low. Again, this could be entirely because I had adjusted to the previous waves of nerfs and wasn't looking at the damage that hard pre 1.2.

I do know that it feels as if that 3% crit we lost in 1.2 is a whole lot more. I have very high crit but it seems like some of our abilities aren't critting as much. Just some anecdotal evidence from someoen who does nothing but PvP every day. Not worth much.

As for topend, I hit for 5660 on a zero expertise target and break 4k regularly. Back blast is a monster now, too. And in terms of what my toon is capable of in regards to killing/ninja capping--I feel just as potent or more potent than pre 1.2. But that's probably the expertise talking--well that and the fact that I'm using sab charge a lot more often now. It hits like a truck.

So it seems like we've had some frontend damage nerfed--stealth or otherwise--in terms of lowend noncrits. But overall I still feel like a beast.

Keep the nerfs coming.

Those darn Scoundrel/Operative pre-mades going around focusing people down and making them unsub.... *rolls eyes* we can hardly burn down a target alone anyway. If we get the first hit we have a 50% chance to win a 1v1, if we don't get the first hit we have a .05% chance of winning a 1v1. Edited by zachbuford

I kind of admit...the low end damage of a shoot first seems really low indeed. Then, we do have to take into account that Scrapper spec gives 30% extra crit damage, so I believe crit Shoot First can deal up to 110% extra damage. It's really though...that beyond Shoot First and Back Blast, most of our attacks don't break 3k. And outside of crits, our damage is even worse.

And now that our burst is more in line with what other classes can do (debatable), we still don't have the utility to make up for it. No long range CC. No debuffs. No mobility.

Then again...there might be something busted with our skillset. It's really hard to tell with how many nerfs the class has received.

On my Marauder alt i get taken down to 40% HP in 3-4 seconds by the best OPs on my server. This is with 16000+ HP and 1140 expertise full BM gear.

So seriously, what you guys even crying about? Your class is ridiculously overpowered. I guess stunlocking someone and dropping them to half in 3 second isnt enough, u need to 1 shot them?

On my Marauder alt i get taken down to 40% HP in 3-4 seconds by the best OPs on my server. This is with 16000+ HP and 1140 expertise full BM gear.

So seriously, what you guys even crying about? Your class is ridiculously overpowered. I guess stunlocking someone and dropping them to half in 3 second isnt enough, u need to 1 shot them?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What even more funny is when they come in pairs. If things go right they can stun lock you to death.

Crit damage hits for more than twice as much as normal damage. Let's not mention that on you're front loading about 6k-7k damage in 1 GCD if shoot first crits (shoot first + fletchette round (6s)). That's more than a third of a lot of people's hp's. Flechette round is ridiculously good. Especially applying it again pretty rapidly with back blast.

Scoundrels are fine, and probably the best 1v1 class in the game right now. Know your role. You're not a melee dps class, you're a backline fighter, a play maker, and a 1v1 king. If your running into a group of 4 people like a vanguard, juggernaut, shadow or maraduer, you're doing something very wrong.

Did I even mention we're currently the best healer in the game.

Edited by Orangerascal

Crit damage hits for more than twice as much as normal damage. Let's not mention that on you're front loading about 6k-7k damage in 1 GCD if shoot first crits (shoot first + fletchette round (6s)). That's more than a third of a lot of people's hp's. Flechette round is ridiculously good. Especially applying it again pretty rapidly with back blast.

Scoundrels are fine, and probably the best 1v1 class in the game right now. Know your role. You're not a melee dps class, you're a backline fighter, a play maker, and a 1v1 king. If your running into a group of 4 people like a vanguard, juggernaut, shadow or maraduer, you're doing something very wrong.

THE best scoundrel on TOFN does not do that damage to me. As a healer I don't fear scoundrels/ops in the slightest. 1v1 you will be lucky to get me to even close to 50% health. I want to play dps but they have nerfed the class so bad the only spec an op can use that is of any use is heals.

But i'll let you into a secret of how to beat this best 1v1 class.. as long as your hots are running.. do nothing. It's that easy. Once HS and BS have gone off the dps they out put is pathetic... yes you might be stunned for 4s.. but my hots will put 2-3K back on to me in that time.

Any one who thinks scoundrels/ops are the best 1v1 class is either lying to try and get the class nerfed again... a troll.. or on the worst server known to man.

Oh the irony, coming from a marauder roflmao! What you didn't mention is when you are at 40% you kill the op/scound without losing much more of your HP.

Edited by Phlem

says the man who can destroy someone 1v1 with 99% imunity xD

Are you for real?

Didn't anyone read the original post in this thread? The OP says that after the latest patch (last Tuesday) his Operative does less damage than before. He is not talking about the 1.2 changes.

I play an Operative and have noticed the same thing. The past two days I seemed to be doing a lot less damage than usual. Maybe I have run into some better equipped opponents then usual or have just gotten unlucky on crits, but I doubt it...

It certainly wouldn't be the first nerf that has not been mentioned in the patch notes.

Edited by Ich_Bin

I have noticed it too on my scoundrel,mainly my shoot first,back blast and grenade.

Pistol whip seems the same but for some reason my Distract seems faster,thats all i have noticed in PvP and PVE so far.

Edited by Sathid

It sure seems since tuesday that operatives/scoundrels have received yet another damage nerf. (Not the matrix cube fiasco). If that is the case why? The class already has the lowest sustained damage in the game.

Yes operatives keep getting nerfed....Like marauders....

Seen the huge marauder nerf of 1.2??

Their mini stealth, only on annihilation tree, gives them 80% dmg reduction instead of 100% .

PLZ bioware stop nerfing marauders on every patch! Like operatives..

Edited by unicornfive

THE best scoundrel on TOFN does not do that damage to me. As a healer I don't fear scoundrels/ops in the slightest. 1v1 you will be lucky to get me to even close to 50% health. I want to play dps but they have nerfed the class so bad the only spec an op can use that is of any use is heals.

But i'll let you into a secret of how to beat this best 1v1 class.. as long as your hots are running.. do nothing. It's that easy. Once HS and BS have gone off the dps they out put is pathetic... yes you might be stunned for 4s.. but my hots will put 2-3K back on to me in that time.

Any one who thinks scoundrels/ops are the best 1v1 class is either lying to try and get the class nerfed again... a troll.. or on the worst server known to man.

Let's duel if you're on ToFN. Also what's your character name?

Edited by Orangerascal

This. OPs just want an even more of an IWIN button it seems.

This ^^

Nothing happened to operative damage. And operative damage is still very, very high. Much higher than my damage, for example.

The only thing more distasteful than a whiner is a paranoid delusional whiner.

Edited by Ahhmyface

Operatives are only effective in packs that make opponents immediately unsub. Their data clearly shows this.

Especially with that new talent they got in 1.2

"When an operative uses backstab and another operative is within 15 yards, the target's account has a 2% chance of being deleted"

And then you also failed to mention that you could easily have popped defensive cooldowns such as undying rage and murdered him after that....despite you NOT being the best marauder. :rolleyes:

And then you also failed to mention that you could easily have popped defensive cooldowns such as undying rage and murdered him after that....despite you NOT being the best marauder. :rolleyes:

If only operatives didn't have cooldowns of their own to match that undying rage? i don't know things like 4s of dodging, a vanish, or even an 8s mez :eek: .... don't forget to thank him for the 50% life deficit.

Seriously if you're losing to a marauder with full cooldowns, I would re-roll.

Edited by Orangerascal