The misconceptions around cross server PvP are hilarious

ZeusThunder

Even if I come across or am matched with more premades, the fact that I'm not fighting the exact same premade day after day, which knows to specifically target me every single game, seems to me to be a benefit.

Also I am confident that when my guild puts together a premade we will win against many other premades.

Also mixed into this is that when I solo queue it'll be nice not to see the exact same faces every fight, we have enough that queue times aren't usually an issue, but there is an element of overfamiliarity that is getting a bit old, not always knowing the playstyle, gear level, skill level, etc. Of 13 or 14 of the other fifteen players keeps things more fresh and interesting

I think that's part of what I am enjoying 10-49 ing on a different server over putting even more time on my main

Always makes me laugh seeing posts from people thinking that they will win more often and see less premades when cross server PvP is released.

If you are playing on a server that has exactly one premade on the opposing side, and that premade is pretty much the only group of players that queues, then you are facing them again and again over and over, everytime.

Enter cross-server PvP: The probability of facing that exact same premade went from 100% to 0.1%. And assuming premades make up 20% of total swtor population, the probability of you facing a PUG went from 0% to 80%.

It's not that people are THINKING they will win more, it's people using simple math to reach that conclusion.

Edited by Sharee

If you are playing on a server that has exactly one premade on the opposing side, and that premade is pretty much the only group of players that queues, then you are facing them again and again over and over, everytime.

Enter cross-server PvP: The probability of facing that exact same premade went from 100% to 0.1%. And assuming premades make up 20% of total swtor population, the probability of you facing a PUG went from 0% to 80%.

It's not that people are THINKING they will in more, it's people using simple math to reach that conclusion.

If one side on your server has exactly 8 people playing PvP, I'd be more worried about the health of the server as opposed to my win/loss ratio. At any rate, if you're on the side with more people, and assuming your side has a healthy population, then you should rarely see the side with only 8 guys because most of your game will be Empire vs Empire.

If one side on your server has exactly 8 people playing PvP, I'd be more worried about the health of the server as opposed to my win/loss ratio.

True. I was just making an extreme example to bring the point across. Drawing the match participants from a bigger pool of people dillutes the chance of facing a premade for people on small servers(as long as premade-to-PUG ratio isn't exactly the same on all servers, which i find unlikely)

Or put differently, cross-server warzones will increase the likelyhood of winning for those PUG's who tend to face premades most of the time on their server today.

It always makes me laugh how people that are rolling the only pre-made on their servers are afraid of meeting the pre-mades from others servers. You see, these l33t PvPers need community or else .... . Sarcasm off. A larger que pool will allow BW to put some brains in their match making system as right now is as dumb as a shoe. I've got same faction huttball matches that my side was composed of smugglers and troopers while the opfor was composed of glow-bat wielders with speed abilities, force jumps, rescue and such. Guess who won?

Always makes me laugh seeing posts from people thinking that they will win more often and see less premades when cross server PvP is released.

The smart matchmaking system will mean that you're more likely to play premades if you're in a premade and pugs if you're in a pug due to the larger population size.

Edited by Orangerascal

here are my 2 cents:

you/we dont even face teams YET, just premades of 2, 3 or 4 ppl!

sometimes we have more than a group of 4 running and even if we get drawn together, we are not an "A-Team", because there is no competition - no need for advanced tactics - no need for further improvements at all.

with a ranked system this game may as well turn into a deathmatch, if there is no cross-server pool. fighting the same 2 or 3 teams (because everyone else leaves) all day/week/month may be fun if you win, but it surely isnt if you dont.

atm there are not enough ppl to grind war hero gear on our server and we do have a disadvantage for that reason. the ranked system is way too late already, and yet it will be premature.