Recently LvL 50 - Recruit Gear - How do I stop sucking?

JebusJM

Hey all,

My goal was to get to 50 and then focus on PvP. I was already Valor 30 by the time I capped. Unfortunately, I didn't realise the WZ's would only be level 50's with BM/WM PvP gear. I'm getting completely dominated and it's affecting my team. I'm fully geared with Recruit and slowly getting my first pieces of real PvP gear sets. Is there any way I can improve my game in the mean time?

~Jebord

Hey all,

My goal was to get to 50 and then focus on PvP. I was already Valor 30 by the time I capped. Unfortunately, I didn't realise the WZ's would only be level 50's with BM/WM PvP gear. I'm getting completely dominated and it's affecting my team. I'm fully geared with Recruit and slowly getting my first pieces of real PvP gear sets. Is there any way I can improve my game in the mean time?

~Jebord

Getting BM gear is easymode now. Pieces are like 700-1500 each so you can literally get full BM within two weeks just playing a few hours a day. I first suggest getting 4 armor pieces for set bonus, then the weapon/offhand.

If your class can heal or tank, I suggest respec to those trees. You'll be more useful to the group as a tank or healer than a dps in recruit gear.

Getting BM gear is easymode now. Pieces are like 700-1500 each so you can literally get full BM within two weeks just playing a few hours a day. I first suggest getting 4 armor pieces for set bonus, then the weapon/offhand.

If your class can heal or tank, I suggest respec to those trees. You'll be more useful to the group as a tank or healer than a dps in recruit gear.

What this guy said. Best advice so far. Choose a support role before trying to play as a forward. :D

Hey all,

~Jebord

As Allen Iverson once said:

We talking about practice, man! Practice!

Edit: btw, kudos for actually asking for advice, as opposed to starting a thread crying for [insert class] to get a nerf!

Edited by darksidechemist

What this guy said. Best advice so far. Choose a support role before trying to play as a forward. :D

Even better advice would be to NOT wait til 50 to PvP. You can actually BUY the BM gear BEFORE you hit 50, just can't equip it. Should have started at around 40 building commendations and money, and then buying pieces as you earn enough. By the time you hit 50, you'll have a full set.

The added advantage is, SURPRISE, you'll have plenty of PvP experience to boot ! !

Even better advice would be to NOT wait til 50 to PvP. You can actually BUY the BM gear BEFORE you hit 50, just can't equip it. Should have started at around 40 building commendations and money, and then buying pieces as you earn enough. By the time you hit 50, you'll have a full set.

The added advantage is, SURPRISE, you'll have plenty of PvP experience to boot ! !

Hi!

This was very helpful information, i thought i couldnt buy them before 50

/Kraros

What? No you can't. Or I'd have a full BM set on my Sniper ready for when I hit 50 already. You need to be 50 to buy it lol.

Edited by Harsisus

you can buy ranked warzone comm at 40. i've seen ppl with 1 wh + 80% bm on the first day he ding 50.

i have 2 alt at 40 just doing daily pvp and mail wz adrenal to main. hope only lvl them up for class buff. now working on smuggler for extra crit.

Edited by rolotomasi
addition

You can't buy BM until level 50, or all my alts would have a full set of BM before they hit 50.

With 2000 WZ commendations you can buy 4 of the cheap pieces, or a weapon + almost enough for something else. If you plan to do any PvE on the side, by the weapon first and offhand next if you're a Force/Tech based class (any healer, Tankasin, Sorc, Op). If you've no intention of doing PvP, buy whatever cheap pieces that has a lot of Expertise on it unless your set bonus is especially good, in that case get the set bonus first.

You can not. The merchant will not sell you a BM piece if you are not level 50.

With 3500 ranked you can trade a Bm piece for a warhero piece

- Take out the mods from the BM before trade

- Put those mods into another Orange Piece and you have a free ghetto piece of BM

no u can't. even if you switch mods, u need to put original one back.

Hmmm I'm not sure that's true! Last time I've checked (few days ago) it wasn't possible to buy BM gear before dinging 50. Can somebody confirm or deny this? You can, however, stock up on coms.

Edit . I need to learn to read the whole thread :p before asking. So no, it isn't possible to buy BM gear pre 50.

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

Better build?

Don't rush into 5 people?

Use keybinds instead of clicking?

2 of those are correct at least. A clicker will do just as good as anyone else..as long as your not a sentinel or the like really.

As far as your question, I believe full recruit was somewhere around 800 expertise which is meh but not bad to start with. I dont remember getting my arse handed to me badly when i hit the 50 bracket, but i pvp'd all the way to 50. Maybe take a look at your build and how your playing your class.

you can buy ranked warzone comm at 40. i've seen ppl with 1 wh + 80% bm on the first day he ding 50.

i have 2 alt at 40 just doing daily pvp and mail wz adrenal to main. hope only lvl them up for class buff. now working on smuggler for extra crit.

That's not possible either. You need valor 70 for WH gear and pre 50 your valor lvl is capped by your skill lvl (aka one can't be lvl 48 and have a lvl 49 valor).

That's not possible either. You need valor 70 for WH gear and pre 50 your valor lvl is capped by your skill lvl (aka one can't be lvl 48 and have a lvl 49 valor).

This is wrong. You can buy ranked WZ comms with 40 valor level (so at char lev 40 if you pvp a bit). You can have 2k normal comms and 3,5k ranked comms when hitting lev 50, so you can be half-bm geared before entering first lev 50 WZ (or buy a WH piece and be recruit geared, your choice).

War Hero/Battlemaster gear has NO valor req now, only orange crafted WH/BM gear has them.

You can buy the ranked coms at Valor 40. You don't need valor 70 for WH gear- you need Valor 70 for the crafted WH shells.

I stand corrected , then. Since I wear only crit crafted WH and saw the valor requirement assumed it was there for the vendor pieces as-well. Also was valor 70 pre 1.2 so never bother to check for that when purchasing first 3 pieces for myself. I apologize for the misinformation o7. Oh and thanks for the heads up, my alt will have something to do with his war-coms now and have a WH piece the minute he dings ;). Edited by LenrocNewDawn