SWTOR “solid, successful, profitable” - Riccitiello

Neloth

Of course they'll keep saying that, even if it has 100k subs left.

Doesn't change the fact that the game is far less than everybody expected. Besides, with the current incompetence in it's development I don't think it will go anywhere far.

They can't lie to investors.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you only play the game for pvp. This was never touted as a pvp game but they tried to make it formidable. Honestly, its not as bad as A LOT of mmo mistakes I have seen after a launch.

I play all aspects of the game so that wasnt a major issue to me. If all that interests you is pvp then why wouldnt you just play a pvp focused game?

This is what happens when Call of Duty players discover MMO's.

Oh, I don't even have this piece of crap on my PC any more, but free month is a free month and I am a hater, so I come here and remind the devs how incompetent they are, on regular basis.

I see. So you are just a forum griefer then.

Do you seriously have nothing better to do than haunt the forum of a game you self admittedly have uninstalled?

/boggle

This is an interview not the report to investors.

As an officer of the company, THEY STILL CANNOT LIE OR MATERIALLY MISLEAD INVESTORS, anywhere, at any time.

The only smudging in the interview (and yes smudging is what companies do) is that he was mum on future outlook, but in the analysts call they made it pretty clear that from an operations standpoint the game is stable (meaning they expect it to continue to perform at or above their operating plan for the forseeable future.

Speak for yourself. The game was exactly what I expected based off of what was advertised. They've touted this game as a traditional MMO with an emphasis on story since the beginning. It's not Bioware's fault that fans and investors worked themselves into a frenzy of hype.

Nothing new with people who expect every game with a fancy title to be the Second Coming. As of now GW2 is getting flamed for not being the "Second Coming." Everyone is currently turning their hopes to Diablo 3. And after a week of release will get equal flames.

As stated in the earnings call, SWTOR is currently the second highest subscription base in the west. Which is actually true. The Asia numbers for Aion and WoW and maybe a couple of others dwarf out everything in the 1M+ charte at mmodata.com

The guy I quoted didnt mention "WEST only".

Oh, I don't even have this piece of crap on my PC any more, but free month is a free month and I am a hater, so I come here and remind the devs how incompetent they are, on regular basis.

When you point your fingers at the Devs try to remember there's 3 more pointed back at you. :rolleyes:

What a boring life you must lead.

of course there is nothing that says that will hold. Current trend says it's falling.

you obviously dont know the tendencies of mmos. Thats ok though, we all get that you want the game to fail.

History says this game will stabilize around 6 months and the 6 month mark is coming up.

Sorry you only play the game for pvp. This was never touted as a pvp game but they tried to make it formidable. Honestly, its not as bad as A LOT of mmo mistakes I have seen after a launch.

I play all aspects of the game so that wasnt a major issue to me. If all that interests you is pvp then why wouldnt you just play a pvp focused game?

OK Soa still buggy as hell, pylons in EV still bug out at 16 mans. 2 bugged mobs for daily quest, (killing the ratataki commanders) Quest items not registering when you pick them up, leading you to abandon the quest and do it all over again.

you obviously dont know the tendencies of mmos. Thats ok though, we all get that you want the game to fail.

History says this game will stabilize around 6 months and the 6 month mark is coming up.

History also says most of those have ended up free to play if not getting shut down.

Nothing new with people who expect every game with a fancy title to be the Second Coming. As of now GW2 is getting flamed for not being the "Second Coming." Everyone is currently turning their hopes to Diablo 3. And after a week of release will get equal flames.

Yeah, pretty much.

I was having a deja vu yesterday browsing the Tera forums. Many threads looked like a cut and paste of posts here in general. Which confirms where some of the SWTOR haters went. I'm beginning to think we have a very tangible segment of the MMO community that are professional complainers who put their toe in an MMO and then start ranting and QQing away.

I do think that GW2 might give the very anxious and very impatient PvPers a place to hang for a bit. But I'm pretty sure they will turn on it and begin to tear it's limbs out within months of live.

I'm beginning to think we have a very tangible segment of the MMO community that are professional complainers who put their toe in an MMO and then start ranting and QQing away.

I'll give you a hint their name starts with this distinct first letter /v/_ _ _ _ _.

Wonder who they could be. :rolleyes:

History also says most of those have ended up free to play if not getting shut down.

how many AAA mmos do you know that have shut down premature??..... not many. plus not many of those that went F2P also maintained this high of a sub base. Id say swtor doesnt have to worry about either of those issues.

Of course they'll keep saying that, even if it has 100k subs left.

Doesn't change the fact that the game is far less than everybody expected. Besides, with the current incompetence in it's development I don't think it will go anywhere far.

Anyone who played in the thanksgiving beta weekend knew exactly what they were buying and most of us knew that it was going to be 1-2 mil tops. Its a scifi game. If you were expect more, which it sounds like you were, you are not the brightest lightsaber of the bunch.

What indication do we have that we'll see a "returning influx" of players when server transfers finally arrive? Hope? Hope isn't enough for this player, and I'm not sure it's enough for investors either.

The game is currently losing subscribers--1.1 million lost or not retained to date. That's a 46% loss from the original 2.4 million boxes sold over the last five months. Almost 1 out of every 2 players is not sticking around past their 30-day trial or are cancelling after subscribing at least once.

They can put up their smoke and mirrors (my new favorite phrase), but it doesn't change that the fact that game is losing people. That's not doom and gloom, that's the reality of the situation.

I can't see how--when faced with this reality--the suits at EA can so flippantly tip-toe around like nothing's wrong.

I can't see how you think this is new for any MMO.

How are you surprised by this? How do you think its related to the long term success of this game?

46% retention is higher than I was expecting, and probably way higher then EA was.

OK Soa still buggy as hell, pylons in EV still bug out at 16 mans. 2 bugged mobs for daily quest, (killing the ratataki commanders) Quest items not registering when you pick them up, leading you to abandon the quest and do it all over again.

the reason i didnt respond to this the first time you posted it was because you are obviously trolling. As someone who actually plays the game unlike you. I know most, if not all those issue are corrected. The daily quest is the only one I havent done in awhile and cant confirm if it was fixed.

I can't see how you think this is new for any MMO.

How are you surprised by this? How do you think its related to the long term success of this game?

46% retention is higher than I was expecting, and probably way higher then EA was.

well you are a breath of fresh air. someone with knowledge of how mmos typically go. finally.

lol

of course there is nothing that says that will hold. Current trend says it's falling.

If you had played MMOs other then wow over the past 10 years you'd know theres a bottoming out point with sub loss.

When something is new and shiny people will flock to it, get bored, and leave. Of that, maybe a third decide to stay (if you are lucky). Then, you continue to build your game. If your product continues to be what the regulars (people who stayed) want they will continue to stay and you will slowly gain more as that community saturates.

If you want a recent, and perfect, case study go look at Rift.

They lost almost everybody after launch... but after the sub loss bottomed out the were above the profitability margin and stuck with it. Now, a year later, their community is slowly growing.