How is a LFG tool going to save this game?

Synxos

Because frankly this game is designed so it's unnecessary.

All of the flashpoints are located on the fleet. All you have to do is stand at the fleet to find a group.

A LFG tool wont' magically make people appear at the fleet for you to group with. You can't find people to group with, not because there's no LFG tool, but rather there's no people looking for a group.

You don't need a LFG tool while on a planet for heroics, because there's a general chat. If you can't find anyone in general chat to work with, there's probably no one looking for a group to do heroics.

A LFG tool is unnecessary because everything is centralized. All of the flashpoints are located in one spot.

Not having a LFG tool is not a mistake on Bioware's part. It's completely unnecessary for this game. No, the problems for why you can't find a group are much more fundamental than just not having a LFG tool.

All of those options you mentioned requires the people looking for groups to be standing around in the fleet.

People will be more willing to group if they can do other activities while waiting for the group to form.

Frankly, the game is way beyond saving. Unless by saving you mean managing to hold onto a paltry 500k subs. By today's standards that's tiny. Especially for the most expensive MMO ever built. The only positive thing left about this game is the cautionary tale that will be told to any future MMO productions.

Because frankly this game is designed so it's unnecessary.

All of the flashpoints are located on the fleet. All you have to do is stand at the fleet to find a group.

A LFG tool wont' magically make people appear at the fleet for you to group with. You can't find people to group with, not because there's no LFG tool, but rather there's no people looking for a group.

You don't need a LFG tool while on a planet for heroics, because there's a general chat. If you can't find anyone in general chat to work with, there's probably no one looking for a group to do heroics.

A LFG tool is unnecessary because everything is centralized. All of the flashpoints are located in one spot.

Not having a LFG tool is not a mistake on Bioware's part. It's completely unnecessary for this game. No, the problems for why you can't find a group are much more fundamental than just not having a LFG tool.

Cross server LFG is necessary, so people that actually want to do flashpoints don't all have to be on the same server to group together.

Better server population, no need for lfg tool.

Better server population doesn't mean everyone who wants to LFG will be on the same server. Dungeon runners are effectively their own community, and they're split up across servers. Cross server LFG brings those people together.

Edited by Gungan

All of those options you mentioned requires the people looking for groups to be standing around in the fleet.

People will be more willing to group if they can do other activities while waiting for the group to form.

not true at all.

I mention how people questing on planets can use general chat to find people for heroics...but they can't because no one is looking for groups.

Better server population doesn't mean everyone who wants to LFG will be on the same server. Dungeon runners are effectively their own community, and they're split up across servers. Cross server LFG brings those people together.

yes, a cross server LFG would be good, same with cross server WZs. But I don't think Bioware is working on that, are they?

From what I've heard they are just working on a normal LFG tool.

Cross server LFG is necessary, so people that actually want to do flashpoints don't all have to be on the same server to group together.

This. Pure logic will tell you a same server LFG for PVE is not going to work well on a low pop server. They are coming out with a cross server LFG for PVP...it is beyond me why they would do that, but not for end game PVE content. :cool:

Frankly, the game is way beyond saving. Unless by saving you mean managing to hold onto a paltry 500k subs. By today's standards that's tiny. Especially for the most expensive MMO ever built. The only positive thing left about this game is the cautionary tale that will be told to any future MMO productions.

This game could be saved as long as they listen to the fan base and give it a major facelift. But as of right now this game will undoubtly fail and collapse soon enough regardless of what BioWare and EA say the cause of all the unsubs were. The only reason this game is failing is becuase of the linear MMO with RPG elements that fall short in every aspect possible not to mention the Star Wars Universe. You can not instance a world and then go and claim its very open to exploration when the only parts that we can explore are that of the boundaries they preset for us. They need to scrap the linear aspect and theme park areas of the entire game and revamp it for Sandbox with a minor cross of theme park. The Star Wars Universe should never be cut and only allowed to be explored as bare minimal as possible, when the idea of the franchise itself was built on a vast universe with endless possibilities and very unique and expansive planets where possiblities were endless.

If BioWare and EA ever needed any ideas on how to revamp the game or actually make this game fit the Star Wars name and lay claim to the franchise they could just look back at SWGs and all of what made that game great pre NGE. BioWare can save this game with great potential but it will take some serious work and commitment on their behalf. Otherwise this game will fail rather soon, regardless of how they want to deny and denounce the failing subscriptions and fan base which the only people they have to blame is themselves for a very sub par and barely basic MMORPG.

There is no point saving something that is not in a position where it needs to be saved. Its still the second biggest mmo on the market. And imo the best one. This game is improving radically from patch to patch.

This game could be saved as long as they listen to the fan base and give it a major facelift. But as of right now this game will undoubtly fail and collapse soon enough regardless of what BioWare and EA say the cause of all the unsubs were.

I disagree. This game is a huge success as I see it and it will only continue to get better and better. It will undoubly get better and better.

yes, a cross server LFG would be good, same with cross server WZs. But I don't think Bioware is working on that, are they?

From what I've heard they are just working on a normal LFG tool.

Yeah they claimed they are not doing cross LFG servers and elite quests finder but that's what the casuals want.

Thing is Bioware has tried the guild summit and are not doing cross servers to appease the hardcore minority which games based on their fetishes people do not like. They are like people who like BDSM whips and chains that pain makes them feel what they call an, "accomplishment" lol

Thing is they said they would not do LFG and it wouldn't be in 1.2 or 1.3 now of course its coming in 1.3. With the whole announcement on earnings and the loss of so many subs they are going to want to appease the casuals bring us back

All you have to do is stand at the fleet to find a group.

Really, that's all you have to do is stand in the fleet and spam for x amount of time? So you can't lfg for flashpoints/ops while questing, doing dailies, pvping, exploring, etc.. but you can't see how an LFG tool will be an improvement? :rak_02:

Oh, and I suggest you take a trip to Ilum, there's a few flashpoints you don't seem to be aware of.

I can say that we had probably a good 10 guild members and friends who were enjoying the game go back to WoW because they couldn't stand sitting around the fleet looking for a group on their limited schedule. I personally won't be using LFG much myself, but I know a ton of people that are pining for it.

LFG with server merges (merges not transfers!) will save the game.

Back in January my server had 2.4k people on at the same time and it was standard not heavy. So 3-4k is probably easily managble by their server infrastructure (especially since we have zone sharding to balance the load more).

If we have 3-4k playing at the same time - I dont need crossrealm features.

So they are finally working on a LFG tool... If they would have put LFG tool, combat logs and other stuff alot of people asked for in the game months ago maybe they subscriber base wouldn`t have dropped. Also their "active" subs atm does not equal people playing by a long shot... There are alot of people that bought the 6-12 month packages but quit the game a couple of months ago, there are people that forgot to cancel their subs and have a month left that is running out.

I had high hopes for the game, but when over half my EU guild and my whole US guild quit due to lack features most mmo`s have and even a couple in their beta phase do better there is really no point in me trying to enjoy the game.

Awesome warfront design, poor PvP design, cool flashpoints and layout but no lfg tool and alot of people don`t wanna waste 1-2 hours getting a group together while they get nothing done on their character. Crafting system was nice and easy for everyone to get in to, but then again Biochem was the only viable option. Combat animations look great but combat itself not so much.

At least for me this game feels like it has two sides, everything is amazing in theory but plays out horribly.

Guild Wars 2, Mists of Pandara, The Secret World, Tera, Diablo 3 are all games that will take chunks out of the SWTOR playerbase and this could have been softened by listening to people wanting stuff other mmo`s have. All mmos copy from other mmos anyway, trying to remove standard stuff to be different is just stupid.

If this game had the same graphics, mechanics, space/sci fi but not the Star Wars theme it would have died in 2011. Star Wars is the only thing keeping people active