Patch 1.3 Dungeon Finder

isimsiz

I was around in Vanilla WoW. The only reason people were cordial to each other is because they had to be in order to get the bodies for 40 person runs. The only reason my guild in Vanilla had any sort of communication with the others on the server is because there was a good possibility any given guild run could be short 10-15 people.

As soon as WoW's first expansion hit and everyone split off into 10 person groups (Kara), we lost touch with all our guild alliances.

I'm guilty of having blamed the group finder at times for the decline in WoW's community, but that's like blaming the gun for the murder. I've since stopped blaming the tools of the genre for people's behavior.

Edited by Zannis

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand the hate from it. Go ahead and put a LFD system in,

and I bet you it will be same server only. What is the good in that when so

many already say their server is drying up....

And I bet the majority will zone in, say "hi", buff, tank pulls, dungeon completed

and you zone back into the fleet. If I want to BS during a run, Ill queue with guild

members and use vent. There's no friendly chat...I've ran LFD with people from

the same server, and no one says anything, you are there to do a job, and

make the run as smooth as possible so that everyone has an enjoyable

experience.

I was around in Vanilla WoW. The only reason people were cordial to each other is because they had to be in order to get the bodies for 40 person runs. The only reason my guild in Vanilla had any sort of communication with the others on the server is because there was a good possibility any given guild run could be short 10-15 people.

As soon as WoW's first expansion hit and everyone split off into 10 man groups (Kara), we lost touch with all our guild alliances.

I'm guilty of having blamed the group finder at times for the decline in WoW's community, but that's like blaming the gun for the murder. I've since stopped blaming the tools of the genre for people's behavior.

Good to see a person with good logical thinking. :)

as long as it also includes cross server random warzone ques ill be happy. PvE just does nothing for me anymore..other than class story quests and some space battles.

(also devs...no more stupid **** with warzones. IE no reducing rewards...no reducing xp gains...no reducing credits..leave it like it is and only balance the gameplay, and fix bugs, and exploits, and hacks.)

As soon as WoW's first expansion hit and everyone split off into 10 person groups (Kara), we lost touch with all our guild alliances.

this is partially right and partially BS.

on one hand you have people that will be nice simply because theyre forced to be around a smaller group and are less likely to get anything done if theyre a dick. ( I call it the christian effect: the kind of people that say they need a god to tell them to be a good person instead of just doing it themselves because they know whats right and whats wrong)

on the other hand youve got guilds full of people that think they own a server and will be rude to anyone and everyone else they dont like..especially to people like me that dont bow to their delusional sense of anonymous internet power or even their "group think" mentality where they think theyre automatically right just because theres more of them.

cross server ques help people like me that just wanna play..yet aggravate people that like their close knit sense of power and control.

but it is also true some people will abuse the anonymity to be rude. but really thats just because theyre not good people. whether its online or in real life. they just let go more online because they know they cant get punched.

Edited by Anathar

It's been announced that the dungeon finder is going to be introduced to the game.

I just wanted to know what the you guys think about it.

I'm a ex-wow player and I loved wow back in the old days with the server community at his maximum.

But with this patch coming up , I'm getting a feeling that BW is going to make the same mistakes as Blizzard.

And yeah I know that it won't be cross-realm but I just wanted to hear u guys and ur opinions about it.

A realm-restricted LFG system is going to improve this game about as much as ranked warzones without cross-realm would, that is to say, not at all.

The only mistake in implementing this is that they AREN'T making it cross-realm, it's going to improve NOTHING, because without players to find a group with, an improved LFG system doesn't do me any good.

Youre exactly right, in my early days of eq 1 there were no big guilds, it took 40-80 people to kill a boss or raid a plane, all the leaders from all of the guilds had a council and would pick people to fill out the groups. i knew everyone on the server.

Then in velious we formed 2 "uber guilds" that didnt need anyone to do anything and i completely lost touch with anyone not in my guild.

Its a vicious cycle, the players started it, the games changed to conform more to the players wishes and it just continues like inflation.

A realm-restricted LFG system is going to improve this game about as much as ranked warzones without cross-realm would, that is to say, not at all.

The only mistake in implementing this is that they AREN'T making it cross-realm, it's going to improve NOTHING, because without players to find a group with, an improved LFG system doesn't do me any good.

oh wow really? the way it was posted i was under the impression it WAS gonna be cross realm..ffs bioware.

1 step sideways 10 steps back

Edited by Anathar

oh wow really? the way it was posted i was under the impression it WAS gonna be cross realm..ffs bioware.

1 step sideways 10 steps back

Yep. This way, instead of sitting on the fleet spamming general chat and never getting a group, I can now go do my black hole dailies while still NEVER getting a group.

People already have their 8 man and 4 man cliques on my server, the groups that seem to run with each other vary so rarely that I simply don't see this change improving anything for the vast majority of players.

Once again, another change that will make it more fun to be on the fatman, lets all re-roll now before it's too late.

Edited by Celebrus

It's been announced that the dungeon finder is going to be introduced to the game.

I'm a ex-wow player and I loved wow back in the old days with the server community at his maximum.

But with this patch coming up , I'm getting a feeling that BW is going to make the same mistakes as Blizzard.

And yeah I know that it won't be cross-realm but I just wanted to hear u guys and ur opinions about it.

If they would of put in a Global Chat we wouldn't need a Dungeon Finder....

If they merge servers or get the transfer system going we won't need cross realms... but the flip side is I really don't know many people on my server anyway since this game promotes solo play, so I can't see where a cross realm dungeon finder would hurt the community.....

The chats are already global, galaxy chat would have been nice though :p

With that being said, with a global chat, you still only get people who are actively looking at the chat, and I bet most people tend to not look at chat very much while doing questing/missions. With a tool, people can passively being looking for a group.

Basically areas of the game with unique bosses that give loot - usually referring to instanced areas. So in this game a "dungeon" refers to flashpoints like The Black Talon, The Esseles, Hammer Station, Directive 7, The Battle of Ilum, etc. Sometimes (although rarely in MMOs like SWTOR) "dungeons" are in the open world, but we don't have any of those (yet).

Are people this gullable?

Because it killed the game for casuals, I tried to explain this so often now :)

The tool does put everyone in the same pool, this cant work. To make a group is something everyone does for him / herself. Just like you choose your friends in RL, the only thing in life you cant change is your family.

Its plain wrong that a tool does force people into groups and if they dont like the group they are punished by a 30 min penalty. All that hate, elitism that has come to wow is because of the LFG tool... wow has become a job, its just sad as it was a perfect game at vanilla and also a very good one at TBC.

But since WOTLK and the LFG its unplayable for people that have a life, unless they play in a guild with friends. The tool is just not working and that wow has lost so many subs since WOTLK is definately also because of the LFG tool that destroys the MMO feeling for so many players.

I do hope BW will find a way to not copy the bad tool of Blizz, but to bring up a new and advanced tool.

Lol? Is this a troll post? If it is not you must be delusional. It is the exact opposite for people with a life. Here's a thought, if you have no problem finding people to group with, then don't use the tool. If you play with friends and do content together, then keep doing that. This is completely illogical. Either you are just ignorant or stupid. The tool does not force you to group. If you find a group by yourself you still get the rewards by queuing with people you know.

For anyone thinking like this and also believe it brings bad players that is not completely accurate. Yeah, some bad people may get into a group, but if you are an advocate for finding your own groups, you wouldn't be using the tool anyway amirite? Not everyone that queues up alone is a bad player. I myself have played wow and I do have a great guild I do things with, but we aren't always on at the same times because of LIFE. The lfg tool lets me still play and complete things at tiems I want to play but my friends/guild cannot. Are you saying I should only log on when everyone else can play?

Your post is just one big contradiction. How can you talk about finding a group should be like choosing friends, then say the LFG tool is unplayable for people with a life? It's for that very reason the tool was implemented and why it succeeds. I also have been in many pug groups in wow and while I get in bad groups. I ALWAYS eventually find groups and complete everything. In swtor I sit in one spot praying to find someone and give up after awhile. that is not how an mmo should work.

I just don't understand the hate from it. Go ahead and put a LFD system in,

and I bet you it will be same server only. What is the good in that when so

many already say their server is drying up....

And I bet the majority will zone in, say "hi", buff, tank pulls, dungeon completed

and you zone back into the fleet. If I want to BS during a run, Ill queue with guild

members and use vent. There's no friendly chat...I've ran LFD with people from

the same server, and no one says anything, you are there to do a job, and

make the run as smooth as possible so that everyone has an enjoyable

experience.

Good point. In my experience LFD had no impact on the amount of socializing done in a pugged run. The level of difficulty of the content did. In WotLK no one said anything other than "hi" or "bye" because the content was an aoe zergfest. In early Cata while using LFD to run heroics we would communicate quite a bit, and gear winners would often get a round of "grats". YMMV.

So great, no one will leave the fleet...Any low levels will sit in the fleet getting to level 50 without even playing there class story by just queuing...

More people will leave the game now because power leveling in an MMO is fun, no more traveling for anyone!

Heroics +4 quests? Nope, I'll just queue up a flash point, become even more powerful the spoon fed way and skip most planets now...

Finders just allow people to explore the harder bosses of the game, then once the abuse is done leave the game in the dirt.

I'm sorry but this is bull, I don't want to see lazy people just queue. There has to be a limit, or lowered rewards or some fact for doing the finder. Dungeon Finder doesn't save a game, WoW became popular because it was the only real MMO. MMO's come out now like the seasons of change now that it's all to due with what people think of what is a good game. Plus the MMO genre is dying out like Apple music did for buying CD's.

So great, no one will leave the fleet...Any low levels will sit in the fleet getting to level 50 without even playing there class story by just queuing...

More people will leave the game now because power leveling in an MMO is fun, no more traveling for anyone!

Heroics +4 quests? Nope, I'll just queue up a flash point, become even more powerful the spoon fed way and skip most planets now...

Finders just allow people to explore the harder bosses of the game, then once the abuse is done leave the game in the dirt.

I'm sorry but this is bull, I don't want to see lazy people just queue. There has to be a limit, or lowered rewards or some fact for doing the finder. Dungeon Finder doesn't save a game, WoW became popular because it was the only real MMO. MMO's come out now like the seasons of change now that it's all to due with what people think of what is a good game. Plus the MMO genre is dying out like Apple music did for buying CD's.

As opposed to just standing in fleet all day spamming the LFG channel? In this case the LFD, which is single server only, will actually get people out in the planets and away from Fleet while they wait for a group. Since it is single server only, there will still be wait times between flashpoints.

Also, Bioware needs to do it right to make sure people do get off of the fleet and into the planets. They need to make sure that when the flash points pops, that is instantly teleports you to the flashpoint, and when you are done it takes you right back to where you left. Reason for this, if people had to run all the way back from Flash point entrence to where they were when doing quests, most people will probably just stay in fleet waiting for a group, just like how people are now in fleet waiting for groups.

So apparently the LFG will go cross-server eventually. A question was asked on Stephen Reid's twitter page. They asked if LFG would be cross-server and he said "not in the first version". Edited by Varteras

fear fear fear fear

The LFG was the greatest feature added to WoW, without it I don't think many would have stayed around.

As opposed to not being able to do it at all because you can't find enough people by spamming the chat?

It's like hockey dads protesting that their kids will get less ice time because the community center is starting shuttle bus pick ups for kids living in remote areas.

Seriously, people will complain just about anything.

To say that a player is lazy because they want a LFG tool show me how little you know about the reason why players want it. A LFG tool allows players to play the game without having to wait around not skip planets or story content, in fact it would allow more players to see more content.

I level a Trooper from 1-50 and only saw two flash points (the first and second one) not because I'm lazy but because I didn't want sit around in a spacestation spamming general chat for a group instead of skipping content. And in case you didn't realize it but once you hit 50 there are no planets to skip.

Yeah we would. Anyone with an ounce of sense would shut off the global chat channel quickly. It would be filled with nothing but adolescent spam. It would basically be WoW Trade Chat on steroids.

No thanks.