Patch 1.3 Dungeon Finder

isimsiz

READ YOUR GRAPH

Here is a saying "As you can see, LFD was released in December 2009. Subscriptions actually rose and continued to rise".

Ask and yea shall find

You're really reaching huh? Please highlight the part of my post where I specifically say LFD was the reason subscriptions rose?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been announced that the dungeon finder is going to be introduced to the game.

I just wanted to know what the you guys think about it.

I'm a ex-wow player and I loved wow back in the old days with the server community at his maximum.

But with this patch coming up , I'm getting a feeling that BW is going to make the same mistakes as Blizzard.

And yeah I know that it won't be cross-realm but I just wanted to hear u guys and ur opinions about it.

I'm fine with same server LFD. While it does make people a bit lazy in some ways, it also promotes more grouping and with more grouping you may get more social interaction (or not, if LFD in recent games like Rift are any indication). Some people want to do a lot of group play and an LFD promotes this segment to hook up easier, so that is a good thing.

Personally, I only use LFD for easy grouping with guild mates and other people I know. It's particularly good for guilds who have people spread all over the game to easiy assemble for an instance run. I don't PUG, there is just too much downside for too little upside.

I have never been an advocate of cross server LFD because it is an enabler to bad group players (ie: ninjas, griefers, sociopaths) without consequences. Same server LFD at least means these people are going to get bad rep communicated about them on the server. In cross server, there is too much annonymity and lack of accountability.

Besides, as a top 5 QQ topic, the patch will nerf a lot of the QQ. :D

Edited by Andryah

READ YOUR GRAPH

Here is a saying "As you can see, LFD was released in December 2009. Subscriptions actually rose and continued to rise".

Ask and yea shall find

Put it into context, he is stating that the subscriptions rose after the cross server was introduced, not decrease like what the poster he responded to said. Saying it rose after the LFG was introduced in relation to the poster we was replying to is not the same as saying the subscriptions rose because of the LFD.

There is a difference. You are the only one going off on a tangent that nobody actually said, no one actually said that the subscriptions rose because of the LFD.

Errr, it says specifically on the investors page that EAware thinks that they lost mostly causal players in that 400,000k.

Its a ridiculously inaccurate statement, but its there.

Yeah, I see it now. However, their definition of casuals and the definition of the rest of us do not jive, so I still say claiming 400k casuals left the game is incorrect.

Besides, the guy I quoted was trying to state that his demographic is what is holding this game up, when that is completely subjective, and most likely, false.

I'm fine with same server LFD. While it does make people a bit lazy in some ways, it also promotes more grouping and with more grouping you may get more social interaction (or not, if LFD in recent games like Rift are any indication). Some people want to do a lot of group play and an LFD promotes this segment to hook up easier, so that is a good thing.

I have never been an advocate of cross server LFD because it is an enabler to bad group players (ie: ninjas, griefers, sociopaths) without consequences. Same server LFD at least means these people are going to get bad rep communicated about them on the server. In cross server, there is too much annonymity and lack of accountability.

Besides, as a top 5 QQ topic, the patch will nerf a lot of the QQ. :D

No, the focus will just shift. Single server will help, but it will not help enough; people will say that it still takes too long to find a group. X-server will follow shortly.

These are the same things that WoW did on their way to a LFD tool, until they came up with the very nice, comprehensive tool they have today. Bioware will get there as well, it'll just take a bit of time.

Actually he is absolutely right (the person you responded to). "Bored with the content" don't you think that reasoning has it's own reason for happening? Letting people queue again and again and again without lockouts makes the content stale and boring faster than any other reason. If you deny that, then you're just another naive and blind fanboy.

I've played WoW since release and still do. The LFD/LFR tool, in my opinion, actually helped retain WoW players. That is the comment I've heard the most from friends that still play the game and I feel the same. Bored with the content, of course the game is 8 years old. In between expansions there is always a drop and when a new expansion drops there has always been a surge. There will most likely be a significant surge when MoP drops. I know in my Alliance guild quite a few people have asked for people to send them scrolls of resurrection.

I don't know why people keep saying cross server ruins community. My WoW guild has been around since release and is still going strong and still raiding. I know a number of other guilds in the same situation. If anything has caused somewhat of a decrease in "community" it would be the gradual downsizing of Raids from 40 to 25 and now 10 person. And this change in the community is really only objected to by the very hardcore elitist raiders (I used to be one of those).

Very few guilds are able to complete the Heroic mode raids, but everyone has the chance to see the content with LFR since that equates to STWOR' s "Story Mode" OPs. There are really 3 levels of Raids in WoW, Heroic, Normal, and LFR. LFR is the easiest by far and gives loot that looks similar but is lower level than Normal or Heroic. So there are challenges for all levels of players. I know when I was unable to raid for a bit I was still able to see the new content using the LFR tools. Now that I have a bit more time I'm doing normal and Heroic modes with the guild. Cross Server LFR/LFD tools are great when leveling alts, heck I have 11 85s in WoW and soon 4 50s in SWTOR.

From what I've read much of the decrease in WoW players has been the Chinese. Still 10 million + players isn't bad for an 8 year old game.

Edited by Erasimus

Why do people say the LFD tool in WOW was a failure? It was in fact a huge success andcontinues to be a huge success. Such a success that almost every MMO has one now and is considered a standard feature.

People left WOW because of the game's content. WOW is still a great game- I know it's hard for many to get their head around that. I don't even play it anymore but have kept my sub up with them and check in every couple of months. Sure it's lost its challenge and is too easy now. But the cool things they do are still cool. Have you seen the Darkmoon Faire lately for example? Watching the Tauren Chieftans performance was a hoot.

Put it into context, he is stating that the subscriptions rose after the cross server was introduced, not decrease like what the poster he responded to said. Saying it rose after the LFG was introduced in relation to the poster we was replying to is not the same as saying the subscriptions rose because of the LFD.

There is a difference. You are the only one going off on a tangent that nobody actually said, no one actually said that the subscriptions rose because of the LFD.

Thank you sir...

@Esproc, bro... seriously stop trying to twist things to fit your lies... its not working and you have been called out on it more than once here already... just let it go... oh and use the link I provided for you, I promise they can help ya!:eek:

Like EVERY OTHER MMO with a dungeon finder it wont work unless its x-server.

Rift had this same problem and I called it then and I'm calling it now. Within 3 months of release if dungeon finder isnt x-server it will be after said 3 months.

A dungeon finder does nothing if its just server by server because of too small of a pool to draw players from. Even when server transfers are up and running you will still have servers that get the short end of the stick.

If its not cross realm what's the point? I mean on dead servers anyway if I'm the only, let's say 38, online then this won't help me get a group. If no one is online it won't help. Though on a heavy server it will work wonders for people getting grps up. I hope they EITHER change their mind on inter realm ques or get those merges out quick.

Thank you sir...

@Esproc, bro... seriously stop trying to twist things to fit your lies... its not working and you have been called out on it more than once here already... just let it go... oh and use the link I provided for you, I promise they can help ya!:eek:

Not lying, been on these forums for a long time and chaosdefined, ferroz, and others all claimed that LFG was what raised the sub numbers when Patch 3.3.0 released. You go do your homework, I have often enough. And his response is clear to me that his beliefs were "proof" of the claimed "fact" before other very viable options were introduced.

And you do not know what someone was actually thinking when they wrote something out. You surely are one of "them" though, from your responses. And go re-edit some posts while your at it. Try for another rabbit trick.

I've played WoW since release and still do. The LFD/LFR tool, in my opinion, actually helped retain WoW players. That is the comment I've heard the most from friends that still play the game and I feel the same. Bored with the content, of course the game is 8 years old. In between expansions there is always a drop and when a new expansion drops there has always been a surge. There will most likely be a significant surge when MoP drops. I know in my Alliance guild quite a few people have asked for people to send them scrolls of resurrection.

I don't know why people keep saying cross server ruins community. My WoW guild has been around since release and is still going strong and still raiding. I know a number of other guilds in the same situation. If anything has caused somewhat of a decrease in "community" it would be the gradual downsizing of Raids from 40 to 25 and now 10 person. And this change in the community is really only objected to by the very hardcore elitist raiders (I used to be one of those).

Very few guilds are able to complete the Heroic mode raids, but everyone has the chance to see the content with LFR since that equates to STWOR' s "Story Mode" OPs. There are really 3 levels of Raids in WoW, Heroic, Normal, and LFR. LFR is the easiest by far and gives loot that looks similar but is lower level than Normal or Heroic. So there are challenges for all levels of players. I know when I was unable to raid for a bit I was still able to see the new content using the LFR tools. Now that I have a bit more time I'm doing normal and Heroic modes with the guild. Cross Server LFR/LFD tools are great when leveling alts, heck I have 11 85s in WoW and soon 4 50s in SWTOR.

From what I've read much of the decrease in WoW players has been the Chinese. Still 10 million + players isn't bad for an 8 year old game.

I might have stayed with WoW a little longer if the LFR had come out sooner (I was already long gone by the time it was released). As the friends left, it became more and more boring (which is why I'm sticking with my friends in this game rather than server hop...we as a group have rerolled twice already and won't do so again).

If its not cross realm what's the point? I mean on dead servers anyway if I'm the only, let's say 38, online then this won't help me get a group. If no one is online it won't help. Though on a heavy server it will work wonders for people getting grps up. I hope they EITHER change their mind on inter realm ques or get those merges out quick.

Exactly! It will add some convenience which might lead to a few extra groups per week, but not much more than that.

Not lying, been on these forums for a long time and chaosdefined, ferroz, and others all claimed that LFG was what raised the sub numbers when Patch 3.3.0 released. You go do your homework, I have often enough. And his response is clear to me that his beliefs were "proof" of the claimed "fact" before other very viable options were introduced.

And you do not know what someone was actually thinking when they wrote something out. You surely are one of "them" though, from your responses. And go re-edit some posts while your at it. Try for another rabbit trick.

Please provide proof of such accusations against me. I have not once made that claim. I have said there's a very good chance it was a contributing factor but that's not the same as stating it was the only reason.

And nobody is editing their posts, you're just not reading them properly and jumping to assumptions, throwing false accusations at people and trying to cover up your own lies.

Please do not accuse me of saying something I haven't again.

Why do people say the LFD tool in WOW was a failure? It was in fact a huge success andcontinues to be a huge success. Such a success that almost every MMO has one now and is considered a standard feature.

People left WOW because of the game's content. WOW is still a great game- I know it's hard for many to get their head around that. I don't even play it anymore but have kept my sub up with them and check in every couple of months. Sure it's lost its challenge and is too easy now. But the cool things they do are still cool. Have you seen the Darkmoon Faire lately for example? Watching the Tauren Chieftans performance was a hoot.

Because it killed the game for casuals, I tried to explain this so often now :)

The tool does put everyone in the same pool, this cant work. To make a group is something everyone does for him / herself. Just like you choose your friends in RL, the only thing in life you cant change is your family.

Its plain wrong that a tool does force people into groups and if they dont like the group they are punished by a 30 min penalty. All that hate, elitism that has come to wow is because of the LFG tool... wow has become a job, its just sad as it was a perfect game at vanilla and also a very good one at TBC.

But since WOTLK and the LFG its unplayable for people that have a life, unless they play in a guild with friends. The tool is just not working and that wow has lost so many subs since WOTLK is definately also because of the LFG tool that destroys the MMO feeling for so many players.

I do hope BW will find a way to not copy the bad tool of Blizz, but to bring up a new and advanced tool.

Seeing how you claimed that people were stating that the LFD increased the subs in this very thread, even though they did not, leads me to believe that you did the same thing to those people in the other threads.

But since WOTLK and the LFG its unplayable for people that have a life, unless they play in a guild with friends. The tool is just not working and that wow has lost so many subs since WOTLK is definately also because of the LFG tool that destroys the MMO feeling for so many players.

I do hope BW will find a way to not copy the bad tool of Blizz, but to bring up a new and advanced tool.

You make no sense whatsoever with this comment. It's exactly people with life who need this. Casuals don't want to spam general chat for 45 mins to get a group when they have an hour of playtime that evening.

The tool does put everyone in the same pool, this cant work. To make a group is something everyone does for him / herself. Just like you choose your friends in RL, the only thing in life you cant change is your family.

Its plain wrong that a tool does force people into groups and if they dont like the group they are punished by a 30 min penalty. All that hate, elitism that has come to wow is because of the LFG tool... wow has become a job, its just sad as it was a perfect game at vanilla and also a very good one at TBC.

I hope that is all sarcasm :confused:

LFD was the best thing WoW ever did.

I am not sure where all this community nonsense comes from. My guild met after the LFD and we are still playing the game today. Is that community?

Thanks to people like you, WoW's community is so rotten, now you want to turn this one into . . .

And you are so smart that you can't figure out how bad dungeon finder is . . .we dont need wow players that think like that in this game

Thanks to people like you, WoW's community is so rotten, now you want to turn this one into . . .

And you are so smart that you can't figure out how bad dungeon finder is . . .we dont need wow players that think like that in this game

hmm, I saw no difference in community before and after the LFD. WoWs, community has been rotten since pretty close to the beginning.

And what is worse, someone liking the LFD, or someone coming in here and literally personally attacking someone for liking the LFD system? If anything is doing harm to a community, it is you by evidence of your post.

Edited by Wolfeisberg

hmm, I saw no difference in community before and after the LFD. WoWs, community has been rotten since pretty close to the beginning.

And what is worse, someone liking the LFD, or someone coming in here and literally personally attacking someone for liking the LFD system? If anything is doing harm to a community, it is you by evidence of your post.

100% accurate. Blizzard games communities always suck. LFD had nothing to do with it.

In the end people who dont want LFD are the ones with a lot of time to spend putting groups together and want to feel like they're better then others because they could put in x amount of time to get theirs items.

I love the wow dungeon finder and it would actually make me want to play SWTOR again if it's implemented correctly. I know people are afraid that cross-server lfd will kill community, but there are suggestions on how to minimize that problem. Back when this topic was discussed in 2010, I suggested prioritising players from the same servers:

If 4 matching players from server A are available, the system should group these together. If 2 players from server A and 2 players from server B are available, they should form a group. Only if no other players from your own server are available should you be matched with randoms from other servers, which is still better than finding no group at all.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to actually being able to complete a few flashpoints without wasting huge amounts of time forming groups.

Edited by Knvkl

Nope, he has every right to be here as you do.

And only rotten thing i see here is your attitude towards someone who just disagrees with you.

Dungeon finder doesn't make communities bad, people do. Just like you demonstrated.

I listened to the Pod Cast about it and it sounds allmost exactly like WoW's, which is a good thing. However as long as it stays same server, I cannot see it working that well on low pop servers. I will try it of course, but I still see very long wait times in the future when I do until they make it cross server.