Patch 1.3 Dungeon Finder

isimsiz

It's been announced that the dungeon finder is going to be introduced to the game.

I just wanted to know what the you guys think about it.

I'm a ex-wow player and I loved wow back in the old days with the server community at his maximum.

But with this patch coming up , I'm getting a feeling that BW is going to make the same mistakes as Blizzard.

And yeah I know that it won't be cross-realm but I just wanted to hear u guys and ur opinions about it.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe it to be a mistake. As a player with limited playtime, this tool is a great timesaver and improved the quality of the time I spend. Granted, I'm VERY new to the game, but I'm sure that any system that can streamline organization of players, if used properly, will be a good one.

Also, this will be more of a benefit to players and guilds that have difficulty filling key roles. For guilds that have all their roles handled, this should have little impact since they will probably continue running together to make best use of their established synergy. For others, it may help open doors to experience gameplay more easily.

The only drawback of course will be the increased chance of running with a person who simply refuses to learn their role or is rude, but that is honestly the risk with any PuG. At least with the finder, you won't have wasted much time in General Chat trying to find a player that turns out to be a dud.

It's been announced that the dungeon finder is going to be introduced to the game.

I'm a ex-wow player and I loved wow back in the old days with the server community at his maximum.

But with this patch coming up , I'm getting a feeling that BW is going to make the same mistakes as Blizzard.

And yeah I know that it won't be cross-realm but I just wanted to hear u guys and ur opinions about it.

If it's not cross-realm then there's no problem. The whole reason the LFG tool in WoW was such an annoying craptastic failure was because people realized there were almost no repercussions with being douchey to your group. Especially if you were a tank and had two minute queues (I was a tank, yes you did, shut up), Yet LFG was required because at a certain point, no one wanted to do Heroics anymore so if you were gearing up an alt, you needed to do it. The Heroics gave currency for the gear that got you into raids.

But something I've noticed now with SWTOR is, cross-server queues help servers police themselves. On Ebon Hawk, Warzone wise anyway, bad or disruptive players are ID'ed and blacklisted, so people at the very least know who they can't rely on when they need help, be it that DPS who intentionally takes the ball to the wrong side of the Huttball field or the healer who refuses to heal what they consider "baddies" (it was everyone). This could work, even for non-casual players, because it allows you to quickly gear up for the more fun Ops.

I started playing this game about 6 months ago, after not having played an mmo for about 3 years. I thought this game was great, and that it had all the features that WoW had had when I was a subscriber. But then my friend got me back into WoW (albeit reluctantly). While there are new problems with the lack of player-player interaction, it has dramatically improved. One of the best things was the dungeon finder - which works much like SWTOR's warzone system. Frankly, without it, I feel that the fluidity that can now be found in other mmo's will be lost in SWTOR, and that this will only snowball into a failed mmo. With all the new features that WoW offers, such as dungeon finders, guild perks, and massive amounts of endgame content, SWTOR doesn't even hold a candle to how much one can do in an hour in WoW. At most I have to wait 20 minutes to get into a heroic dungeon in WoW. In SWTOR I've only actually been in one hardmode. In my opinion, this update will increase the player's ability to access endgame content, and can only help the game.

What is this "dungeon" of which you speak?

You get a +1 from me...

I'm also looking forward to having a group finder or "mission" finder tool in the game. It's less of an issue now that I'm on an Aussie-side server, but it was really frustrating to try and find a group for FPs, Heroics and the like prior to the move.

Edited by Cilionelle

Frankly you are going to find elitist tanks and douchie dps every were, any lfg system in an mmo should be standard in my opinion. People just need to learn that those trolling have no life, and get over it. I can not tell you how many times I got stuck with some one that thought they the "Bees-knees", and treated the whole party like crap, but we still got our gear. So don't let a valuable tool fall through your fingers, because there happen to be jerks that use the internet. Edited by Tearigan

Holy mystical Batman catfish Batman! Yes I did say Batman twice.

What exactly is a dungeon in MMO's. MMO lingo n00b here.

Basically areas of the game with unique bosses that give loot - usually referring to instanced areas. So in this game a "dungeon" refers to flashpoints like The Black Talon, The Esseles, Hammer Station, Directive 7, The Battle of Ilum, etc. Sometimes (although rarely in MMOs like SWTOR) "dungeons" are in the open world, but we don't have any of those (yet).

Casuals rule, if you don't have them you don't have a game.

Well you might have a game.. But the subs go way down without casuals. Infact, it's thx to casuals we see games today.

They made the right decision, without a doubt. When this comes i will play alot more... And my friends might actually return.

Well you might have a game.. But the subs go way down without casuals. Infact, it's thx to casuals we see games today.

They made the right decision, without a doubt. When this comes i will play alot more... And my friends might actually return.

I'm pretty sure games have been around before 'casuals'. however, today it's expected that games are also accessable for 'casuals' (whatever you think that word means)

don't forget that the kids who played these games in the 90s now have kids themselves. but I'm sure if the 'becoming more casual-friendly' of the gaming industry as a whole doesn't really say anything. there are still more than enough games out there that are obviously not produced with the casual gamer in mind - may it be offline or online games. (I'd still say games such as final fantasy will never be for the casual gamer)

Edited by amnie

Welcome to an MMO. You know, Massively Multiplayer. Where you play with other people not just a small group on a small server.

End of the day, Cross-Server Group Finder has been successful for other MMO's that used it. How do I know it was successful?

People used it.

If so many people hated it, they wouldn't use it. Fact.

If so many people cared about server community, they would maintain one beyond Cross Server LFG's implimentation. Fact.

Nay-sayers may decry this as false, but I'm afraid common sense prevails here. If people cared about something, they'd do it and if they didn't like something they wouldn't use it.

If so many people hated it, they wouldn't use it. Fact.

If so many people cared about server community, they would maintain one beyond Cross Server LFG's implimentation. Fact.

what you can a fact is an opinion. just because people hate it, doesnt mean they cant join because of it, besides if they want to play with their friends or get good loot, they have no choice now dont they? is that a fact or an opinion?

Community is good because I can verbally harass the other team at the end of the game on my tank and they'll focus on me while allowing my teammates to wreck them.

It's the most effective taunt I've ever had.

Edited by LilSaihah

what you can a fact is an opinion. just because people hate it, doesnt mean they cant join because of it, besides if they want to play with their friends or get good loot, they have no choice now dont they? is that a fact or an opinion?

It's a fact supported by numbers and evidence. They can and some do still do dungeons with their Guild or friends or even from asking in Trade chat.

Fact is, the majority of players in WoW etc use it, thus it is successful. That is a fact.

Same logic can be used for this game as a whole. A large amount of people play it. They wouldn't if they didn't like it. Thus it is a success so far.

Single-server group finder will be great. It doesn't do anything harmful. All it does is automate your process of "LF1M tank Mandalorian Raiders, gtg" in General Chat.

It makes groups more possible because the tank that wanted to do Mandalorian Raiders could be in Tatooine doing missions, but never saw your message on the Fleet.

On that note, single-server group finder will allow you to find groups while you are not in the fleet because you are on some other planet doing other fun stuff.

Like the 400k casuals and trial users who bailed on SW:TOR (as stated on the investors page), while the majority of us hardcore players are still playing and supporting this game?

Im happy with "Flash-point" finder as long as its not cross realm. I think from playing wow that cross realm doesn't do any good for the community of a server. I like grouping with people while a level and seeing them progress as I do. Also helps you to know who are the good and bad players on your server as well as make a few gaming buddies along the way. And as stated before cross-realm is just a license to be a douche with no repercussions, Edited by FaceShindu

The mistake Blizzard made was introducing dungeon finder in a game with 12 million subscribers, where finding groups took less time than traveling to the instance itself. SWTOR is the perfect target for it though because it has such a, relatively, low subscriber base and so many servers it becomes ridiculous. The only way for SWTOR to manage without an LFD type service would be by having massive server merges to the point where around 1/4th of the amount of servers will still be up and running, then the population density is high enough to heavily reduce the need for it.

I am an anti-LFD'er, but with SWTOR's current direction (i. e. BW's idiotic decisions) it desperately needs such a system to make it.

Like the 400k casuals and trial users who bailed on SW:TOR (as stated on the investors page), while the majority of us hardcore players are still playing and supporting this game?

Your definitions are not what EA's are.

EA stated 'casual' gamers as people who just hop from game to game, only trying it for a month or so.

Mistakes? Are u kidding? On almost empty servers this is solution for guys who wonna try some GROUP pve.

Oh, sorry, this is a single player game, im forget.

Your definitions are not what EA's are.

EA stated 'casual' gamers as people who just hop from game to game, only trying it for a month or so.

How many different kinds of casuals gamers are there, that supposedly make up the "majority of the gaming population"?

The mistake Blizzard made was introducing dungeon finder in a game with 12 million subscribers, where finding groups took less time than traveling to the instance itself. SWTOR is the perfect target for it though because it has such a, relatively, low subscriber base and so many servers it becomes ridiculous. The only way for SWTOR to manage without an LFD type service would be by having massive server merges to the point where around 1/4th of the amount of servers will still be up and running, then the population density is high enough to heavily reduce the need for it.

I am an anti-LFD'er, but with SWTOR's current direction (i. e. BW's idiotic decisions) it desperately needs such a system to make it.

1.3 million is 'low subscriber'? LOL oh geez.