Sorcerer 21/20/0 build - anyone tried this yet?

VanalliaStar

I just switched my Sorcerer to 21/20/0.

I used to be fully specced in lightning, which was fun, then i wanted to try healing full specc, which was even more fun...except for how my damage was literally nothing. I didn't stand ANY chance against anyone who would targets me. Which I guess is kind of the point. SO I decided to try this build - gives me my four main heals, including the instant, PLUS a good number of the damage increases and chain lightning.

Just tried my first few pvp matches and I didnt see any decrease in my healing but not much increase in my damage lol. Im still focusing on healing as my main job. But has anyone tried this build or something similar? Does it work well and do you have any tips on it? Im wondering if a hybrid is any good for socerers...

I just switched my Sorcerer to 21/20/0.

I used to be fully specced in lightning, which was fun, then i wanted to try healing full specc, which was even more fun...except for how my damage was literally nothing. I didn't stand ANY chance against anyone who would targets me. Which I guess is kind of the point. SO I decided to try this build - gives me my four main heals, including the instant, PLUS a good number of the damage increases and chain lightning.

Just tried my first few pvp matches and I didnt see any decrease in my healing but not much increase in my damage lol. Im still focusing on healing as my main job. But has anyone tried this build or something similar? Does it work well and do you have any tips on it? Im wondering if a hybrid is any good for socerers...

If you want to be mainly heals 21/20 is the way to go, if you want to heal and dps http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GhrRMd0zZMZcMcRsMz.1 is better.

Wise choice

Best heal spec for PVP:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GhMRMdMzZfobrzRr.1

The backlash from Bubble is better than healing.

Why heal 10k when the person with a buble stops taking dmg from melee for 2secs

Also you can actually survive to heal.

Flash alone is enough to deal with attackers

But you still have Electic Bindings and Stun

Also reduced Sprint cd via Lightning Effusion

Deep 31 corruption means you gain the crappy aoe heal.. good luck getting that off without being counterspelled/stun/knockback/flash

And consumption ... lol, when it could be used without hp loss it was great...

If you Force Lightning or dot.. you gain 2 50% casts. This works out better than consumption ever was.

If you want to be mainly heals 21/20 is the way to go, if you want to heal and dps http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GhrRMd0zZMZcMcRsMz.1 is better.

I actually like the corruption/madness build better myself. It allows for you to be a tad more mobile, and your main dmg, force lightning, snares the target and returns force to you. So spamming it is so good. When they get on you just electrocute them, overload them away, or just snare them and force speed away. Go back to spamming FL and repeat.

Im still using this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GGMRMd0zZf00MZcMcRk.1

Is not that abd, i did 450.000k Heling in voidstar last day, and 150.000k damage.

But usually im first or second in healing, depend on the skill on the other team, if they are skilled they are not giving you the possibility to heal.

Try, not maqnya re using this skill tree, but if u need you can spam lightinig a LOT and you can assist dps to take down other healers.

After you go over 1200 expertise with the WH set you start to see good numbers of Healiing.

Do any of these hybrid specs work in PVE? Specifically a HM flashpoint? I know the healing wouldn't suffice in an OP but how about with just a 4 man group?

I dont do PvE i mostly PvP, but doing the dailies on Black Hole works fine..... =)

Wise choice

Best heal spec for PVP:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GhMRMdMzZfobrzRr.1

The backlash from Bubble is better than healing.

Why heal 10k when the person with a buble stops taking dmg from melee for 2secs

Also you can actually survive to heal.

Flash alone is enough to deal with attackers

But you still have Electic Bindings and Stun

Also reduced Sprint cd via Lightning Effusion

Deep 31 corruption means you gain the crappy aoe heal.. good luck getting that off without being counterspelled/stun/knockback/flash

And consumption ... lol, when it could be used without hp loss it was great...

If you Force Lightning or dot.. you gain 2 50% casts. This works out better than consumption ever was.

Ive seen this spec in a lot of posts, but i just cant get around it having too many "filler" dps talents in it when youre actually supposed to be a healer :/

Ive tried having some dps talents in my healer spec but i often find it to be too weak dmg to actually matter, my force pool to not support spamming both heals and damage abilities for a long time and that you will be just leave yourself too vulnerable standing and doing some dps and the famous HEY IM OVER HERE lighting.

What i have decided to use is the affliction kite spec: 25/12/4

Ive made the spec working around the affliction snare and the shield boost and i find it to be very viable and lets me be slippery enough to get out of harm. Also i have taken the 2 damage reducing talents and buffed my hp pool abit with campaign relic so it makes me a bit tougher to take down. I have the knockback snare though, that is just too priceless for kiting. I would love the blind from shield aswell but guess you just cant have it all. The beauty of this spec also is that you do not have to face the enemy to apply affliction.

I am currently working on getting the stalker set first bonus (extra range on slow) aswell to add just that bit of strenght to my kite spec.

Take it from a valor 80+ sorc, bw want us healer sorc/sages to kite

Edited by Steele_dk

Ive seen this spec in a lot of posts, but i just cant get around it having too many "filler" dps talents in it when youre actually supposed to be a healer :/

Ive tried having some dps talents in my healer spec but i often find it to be too weak dmg to actually matter, my force pool to not support spamming both heals and damage abilities for a long time and that you will be just leave yourself too vulnerable standing and doing some dps and the famous HEY IM OVER HERE lighting.

Ive made the spec working around the affliction snare and the shield boost and i find it to be very viable and lets me be slippery enough to get out of harm. Also i have taken the 2 damage reducing talents and buffed my hp pool abit with campaign relic so it makes me a bit tougher to take down. I have the knockback snare though, that is just too priceless for kiting. I would love the blind from shield aswell but guess you just cant have it all. The beauty of this spec also is that you do not have to face the enemy to apply affliction.

I am currently working on getting the stalker set first bonus (extra range on slow) aswell to add just that bit of strenght to my kite spec.

Take it from a valor 80+ sorc, bw want us healer sorc/sages to:

I like your spec but when you are being attacked by more than two, you will find the gcds from casting affliction a nuisance. Even though having quite a substantial number of fillers suck, backlash is a real lifesaver

I like your spec but when you are being attacked by more than two, you will find the gcds from casting affliction a nuisance. Even though having quite a substantial number of fillers suck, backlash is a real lifesaver

Oh most agreed, but its not like i am spamming affliction on ppl once they charge me/engage me. I still start with the good knockback with the 5 second root and then the ones that continue to follow me/target me i put on affliction dot to kite them. (Force slow for 10m range classes) Once again, i would give anything for the shield blind (best protection against stealth attacks) but i just feel the talent points leading up to it is better spent on adding just that more survivability (Life Surge/ Sith Defiance) paired with my increased hp pool. Because you will get hit eventually.

And i cant picture my self standing spamming the weak lighting strike just to get a chainlighting proc that doesnt hit for much either.

The only downside to my spec is the ruleout of whirlwinding when i am kiting ppl but i am very careful on who i select to cc. Mostly i save my cc to annoy healers.

I guess it just comes down to playstyle, 21/0/0 is not a bad spec at all. Its mostly pve healers also that insist on keeping the aoe heal in their spec :)

Edited by Steele_dk

Oh most agreed, but its not like i am spamming affliction on ppl once they charge me/engage me. I still start with the good knockback with the 5 second root and then the ones that continue to follow me/target me i put on affliction dot to kite them. (Force slow for 10m range classes) Once again, i would give anything for the shield blind (best protection against stealth attacks) but i just feel the talent points leading up to it is better spent on adding just that more survivability (Life Surge/ Sith Defiance) paired with my increased hp pool. Because you will get hit eventually.

And i cant picture my self standing spamming the weak lighting strike just to get a chainlighting proc that doesnt hit for much either.

The only downside to my spec is the ruleout of whirlwinding when i am kiting ppl but i am very careful on who i select to cc. Mostly i save my cc to annoy healers.

I guess it just comes down to playstyle, 21/0/0 is not a bad spec at all. Its mostly pve healers also that insist on keeping the aoe heal in their spec :)

Ah..ok. Oh, I don't dps either, even with points as far as backlash. I took a point in Exsanguinate (who on earth spells that?) and 3 in Convection for the extra dmg in CD when I'm helping to burst down a healer. Having said that I think I will give your spec a shot :)

Take it from a valor 80+ sorc, bw want us healer sorc/sages to kite

Can you post your skill tree plz?:rolleyes:

Sure, heres my spec, only wasted talent point as i see it is the 1 in extra range on lighting spells:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GhMRMdrdZfoMM0MZbM.1

Remember to stack up abit more hp pool with this spec and just keep moving, use that line of sight like a boss :)

I am using the campaign relic with more hp on btw and i am still sitting on 1172 expertise which is plenty.

Good luck

Sure, heres my spec, only wasted talent point as i see it is the 1 in extra range on lighting spells:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GhMRMdrdZfoMM0MZbM.1

Remember to stack up abit more hp pool with this spec and just keep moving, use that line of sight like a boss :)

I am using the campaign relic with more hp on btw and i am still sitting on 1172 expertise which is plenty.

Good luck

I try somethign similar times ago, didnt work very well.

Imho the point on Fadeout and cospiring force are alittle bit waste, cuz the benefict that they give are not a lot, at same time i will probably take haunting presence that give you 2% healing more.

Is very personal if you like it why not :) I was just curious to see ;)

I try somethign similar times ago, didnt work very well.

Imho the point on Fadeout and cospiring force are alittle bit waste, cuz the benefict that they give are not a lot, at same time i will probably take haunting presence that give you 2% healing more.

Is very personal if you like it why not :) I was just curious to see ;)

np m8, always good to share views and experiences. Ill argument though that even if 2% more to healing is nice and buffs all your heals, that 0.5 of our now slowest spell is kinda nice when you can ninja in a heal on your teammate not been noticed :)

Edited by Steele_dk

This is all great - thanks guys! I have a couple new tree configurations to try.

Like I said, my hope in this was to still be a healer, but if/when I was attacked I had SOMETHING to hit them back with. After a solid week of pvp this tree has done nearly nothing for my damage, best option is to stun and run. My hubby rolled a bounty hunter guardian/dps hybrid for a long time and he was match best nearly everytime with high dps and high Protection . I think secretly I was hoping for a healer hybrid that could also do that lol. BW has since nerfed his hybrid for being OP. Thats fair - no class should be able to do it all.

My healing hasn't had a noticable loss either without the aoe heal actually. The rooting bubble is VERY nice though! Not sure what im going to try next yet, maybe dip more into madness, but def want to play around with the points till I see some change somewhere :) Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...