True Auction House

netskink

It is fairly easy to do enough research to figure out the value of an item. At the least you can look up the required materials and price the item based on the going rate for materials but more often than not you can browse to see what others are selling the item for and price accordingly.

We have no idea what price items SELL for. We only know what they list for . Observing that an item is no longer listed is inconclusive since it could be a sale or an expiration. Simply providing a list of "the last 100 sales of item X" for each item would remove much of the opacity and tedium from the market.

There are lots of things I am capable of doing but since this is a game many of those I don't actually WANT to do (e.g. tedious monitoring of markets to try and deduce actual sale price for items).

I can (and do) whip out my calculator to figure out which stack of materials is offering the best price. It is annoying that I have to because there is no "per unit cost" column with which to sort listings. Having to use a calculator does not enrich my game play experience. Nor does having rather opaque markets.

We have no idea what price items SELL for. We only know what they list for . Observing that an item is no longer listed is inconclusive since it could be a sale or an expiration. Simply providing a list of "the last 100 sales of item X" for each item would remove much of the opacity and tedium from the market.

There are lots of things I am capable of doing but since this is a game many of those I don't actually WANT to do (e.g. tedious monitoring of markets to try and deduce actual sale price for items).

I can (and do) whip out my calculator to figure out which stack of materials is offering the best price. It is annoying that I have to because there is no "per unit cost" column with which to sort listings. Having to use a calculator does not enrich my game play experience. Nor does having rather opaque markets.

You realize you don't have to do that, right? Just hover over the price of any item that is being sold in a stack > 1 and the game will pop up a tool tip that tells you what the per-unit cost is. Of course, I'd also like to be able to sort by unit cost too.

I flip-flop a bit between having the market tell me the statistics. Yeah, it would be really nice to know what things sell for. But on the other hand, about the only "skill" one can put into the market is to use some elbow grease and *really* study the prices of some items you might be thinking of selling, including test-marketing some. I've done that for a few classes of items, and I feel it gives me a leg-up on people who don't spend that time. Yeah, it's tedious and maybe not always fun, but there is a sense of satisfaction in doing that oneself.