What is a "bad"?

ZeusThunder

A bad actually isn't a player that isn't good at PvP. A bad is a player that does not put effort into improving. Some examples:

1) Fresh 50 showing up in a WZ with greens and sub 100 expertise

2) DPS class that doesn't break 100k dps when other dps classes on their team are in the 300k - 500k range

3) Player in CW or NC that quits and defends the single turret their team has. They just want defender medals.

Why does this make good players upset? Good players see it as their responsibility to prepare themselves as best as they can to help the team they are on. It is simply rude to not try at all, and instead depend on others to win for you. Good players don't want to be a drain on their team, and they get upset at bad players who are.

A bad actually isn't a player that isn't good at PvP. A bad is a player that does not put effort into improving. Some examples:

2) DPS class that doesn't break 100k dps when other dps classes on their team are in the 300k - 500k range

3) Player in CW or NC that quits and defends the single turret their team has. They just want defender medals.

Why does this make good players upset? Good players see it as their responsibility to prepare themselves as best as they can to help the team they are on. It is simply rude to not try at all, and instead depend on others to win for you. Good players don't want to be a drain on their team, and they get upset at bad players who are.

No. This is what a bad tells themselves to make them feel better. You are either a bad, or you aren't. Just hitting 50 doesn't change it, getting out dpsed doesn't change it, and defending a turret doesn't change it.

You either know how to position yourself based on your team and the opposing team, or you don't. You either know your class mechanics and how to use them against other class mechanics, or you don't. Here's a better list.

1) A bad puts guard on a healer then runs to the other side of the map.

2) A bad wonders why his cc won't work on that sniper with the funny graphic or that glowing assasin.

3) A bad goes up against a more skilled group of players and loses, then blames everyone else because, God forbid, the other team is just better.

Someone's whose forum Username is ZuesThunder.

+1 rofl

No. This is what a bad tells themselves to make them feel better. You are either a bad, or you aren't. Just hitting 50 doesn't change it, getting out dpsed doesn't change it, and defending a turret doesn't change it.

You either know how to position yourself based on your team and the opposing team, or you don't. You either know your class mechanics and how to use them against other class mechanics, or you don't. Here's a better list.

2) A bad wonders why his cc won't work on that sniper with the funny graphic or that glowing assasin.

3) A bad goes up against a more skilled group of players and loses, then blames everyone else because, God forbid, the other team is just better.

+2. Classic list. Love it.

So what you are telling me is defending is a bad thing? You have a lot to lean about WZ.

This is almost always a sign someone got stuck at the boring objective.

I think at the end of The day its semantics, is someone inexperienced or perhaps just not the most coordinated in the world, or are they willful idiots- those who choose not to improve with their heads in the sand to just what is making them unsuccessful.

I don't mind trying to help along those who will listen and attempt to play objectives properly even if they fail, but a quality dance who excels at 1 v 1 but willfully avoids playing the objectives or working in the team construct, adios.

Someone called me a "bad" because I joined a warzone at lvl 11 and I had not picked my AC yet. The person that called me a "bad" spent most of the game complaining about how I was not helping the team because I didn't have the skills needed to be effective.

I ended up leading the team and communicating what areas needed reinforcements before they needed them instead of when it was too late. I was the only one on the team marking and killing healers. I ended the game with the highest damage, 2nd in kills, highest objective points and almost highest in medals (tank with guard beat me).

The guy that assumed that I would be useless because I had not picked my AC and ended up with about 1/3 of my damage while playing a DPS class, that is a "bad"

Edited by HelinCarnate

Dont kid yourself, in SWTOR is very, very, very simple:

A bad plays a commando, merc, agent, or operative.

A bad tries to heal on a sage.

A bad is someone who isnt playing a sentinel, marauder, pyrotech, or vanguard.

Dont kid yourself, in SWTOR is very, very, very simple:

A bad plays a commando, merc, agent, or operative.

A bad tries to heal on a sage.

A bad is someone who isnt playing a sentinel, marauder, pyrotech, or vanguard.

yes...yeah...oh bum i was doing so well until your third criteria :(

A "bad", simply put, is someone who puts themselves before the team.

You can be the most skilled (insert class) on your server and still be a bad if you don't engage in teamwork.

The guy with less than 100k damage done but defended his node the entire match is a much better player than the bad who spend the whole match fighting in the road and got 700k damage done because the guy on defense was aiding the whole team.

No, "bads" are bad at PvP. And generally refuse to get better because they do not realize they are bad at PvP.

They are the guy who not only constantly does the worst possible thing at the worst moments (fill ball carrier's resolve, break cc while capping, run the wrong way, get leapt to, etc), but they will defend their sheer idiocy to the death, because for some reason, they think that admitting they are wrong about a video game makes them a "bad".

A "bad" isn't somebody who just isn't geared yet, or realizes that you aren't going to win that CW since you're down by over half the other team's score.

More often than not, "bads" are the guys you find who are geared and still manage to suck, not the examples that you mentioned. They're the guys who complain about the one or two undergeared people on their team, and go on to berate them the rest of the match since they are apparently not "good" enough to carry 1-2 people.

They can also often be found making threads such as this one, instead of playing the game and helping other players to become better instead of insulting them.

Edited by Varicite

So basicly what have i learned from answers about "what is the bad player" in the eyes of comunity?

1. Bad player - is a completely dumb individual, who suck in everything he do in life, including gaming, because he is dumb, and have no chance to ever get out from that pit - again, because he is dumb and dont realize hes in trouble.

2. If player makes mistakes, no matter the reasons, he immediately resives a "Bad player" docket.

3. Stereotypical thinking - is a sing of a dumb individual.

4. Bad players, a.k.a. dumb individuals use stereotypical thinking and call others....

Hmmmm....:confused:

No, "bads" are bad at PvP. And generally refuse to get better because they do not realize they are bad at PvP.

They are the guy who not only constantly does the worst possible thing at the worst moments (fill ball carrier's resolve, break cc while capping, run the wrong way, get leapt to, etc), but they will defend their sheer idiocy to the death, because for some reason, they think that admitting they are wrong about a video game makes them a "bad".

A "bad" isn't somebody who just isn't geared yet, or realizes that you aren't going to win that CW since you're down by over half the other team's score.

More often than not, "bads" are the guys you find who are geared and still manage to suck, not the examples that you mentioned. They're the guys who complain about the one or two undergeared people on their team, and go on to berate them the rest of the match since they are apparently not "good" enough to carry 1-2 people.

They can also often be found making threads such as this one, instead of playing the game and helping other players to become better instead of insulting them.

I'll buy this for a dollar.

............................................________

....................................,.-'"...................``~.,

.............................,.-"..................................."-.,

.........................,/...............................................":,

.....................,?......................................................,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:"........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}

...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../

...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"

............/.`~,......`-...................................../

.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__

,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,__......`,.................................

...................`=~-,,.,...............................

................................`:,,...........................`..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Why even post a thread like that? It's a freaking opinion. Bad is just an insult used against someone else because he isn't good enough for YOU.

Edited by snaplemouton