What do you do, Low Pop Server man, to keep interested in TOR?

AGSThomas

I have a feeling, as they have said they aren't working on server MERGERS, that unfortunately the transfers aren't going to be what people think...

It doesn't make sense to give all the incredibly low pop servers the ability to move to higher pop ones, because then you would just merge them. The same things are going to have to happen whether characters transfer or merge.

No.

They'll open up transfers off of higher pop servers to lower pop ones. On paper it looks like a wonderful idea. But who would want to leave a server like the fatman, to go to a low pop server... Go from playing with 1000+ people to playing with 50?

Never going to happen. But from what I've seen of BW's management of this epidemic, that would be my interpretation of what's going to happen.

I truly hope they aren't that stupid. I think they realize that there is basically 2-5 servers worth playing on right now, and that to make more working servers, they need to combine LIGHT pop servers till they get a Heavy one.

I rerolled. I was almost full Rakatta and legacy level 37. It's not that bad.

I agree. Hitting 50 doesn't actually take so long and legacy levels are next to meaningless right now since all the unlocks cost credits.

I'm not defending the population problems on some servers or saying it's not a problem. But MMO vets learn that it's extremely important to research the server you plan to play on, even in the presence of transfers - because where you play is the single most important thing in an MMO - and realistically every MMO will always have population problems on some servers. Even WoW has had dead servers since pretty much launch until current times. I spent two weeks sampling servers on low level alts and checking out the realm forums and any unofficial forums before finally settling on Lord Adraas. I've been happy ever since.

I've since learned that many PvE and PvP servers have a lot of fickle players. They don't care about building or being part of a community, they simply complain and jump ship, all flocking to the highest population server they can find. On RP servers, people are there FOR the community regardless of whether or not they RP so they will very rarely abandon it. That's why I chose Lord Adraas for a home, since I know the population won't be going down.

Edited by Jenzali

It will be too bad for BW is people unsub for the SOLE reason that the servers have low populations...

OMG that would be - EPIC fail...

But, seems that's the path this game is going down.

My server isn't low pop at all (yet), but I will be unsubbing soon due to game play. A whole nuther story there I won't bore you with. :D

This. I'm hoping that this isn't their plan, because I can see it completely not working.

That would be the final nail to the coffin, atleast on my part. And i'm pretty sure i wouldn't be the only one.

Hope they make the right choice though, want Swtor to be my casual mmo years to come. So far, hasn't been a smooth ride.

I do my PVP daily for absurd WH weapon, raid with my guild if we can manage it, otherwise log off to play TERA, which has much better combat, guild wars, a dungeon finder, cool dungeons, and a levelling curve that lasts longer than 2 weeks for 90% of players.

im amazed developers havent say anything yet about this or about whats coming in 1.3

people keep unsub because of the lack of communication now..

are they really in they fantasy happy world? that may explain why they have had issues and fail to deliver in the past.

come on BW we would like to see whats that awesome thing that is cooking that will save this game!

I play alts! I'm leveling a new powertech atm to tank with my few friends in this game but without transfers torchlight 2 could see us gone when it comes out, though maybe not me I do like the stories.

how can you play when theirs nothing to do. And oh ya i did reroll on a high pop server jedi covenant and i still have a hard time finding groups so dont believ people when they tell you too reroll this game is the tortanic and is sinking as fast as the titanic.

I'm on Jedi Covenant and I can tell you this guy is 100% wrong.

im amazed developers havent say anything yet about this or about whats coming in 1.3

people keep unsub because of the lack of communication now..

are they really in they fantasy happy world? that may explain why they have had issues and fail to deliver in the past.

come on BW we would like to see whats that awesome thing that is cooking that will save this game!

This. Lack of communication is making it far far worse

"What do you do, Low Pop Server man, to keep interested in TOR? "

not a lot of helpful responses to this question but I have the hidden fun game that the planet was created for time killer.....

I took my trooper to Tatooine (only sole on the planet), no one at the pvp zone so I took to picking on the sand people who hang about just down from there above the canyon. Throwing a sticky on them then hit them off the edge & try to time it so they "pop" in mid air. Sometimes they hit a group below & kill them all, this was muchos fun (satifaction is a pillar of light).

This kept me busy for a good 45 minutes. Much smiling until there were non left to punt off the clif, then the sadness returned :(

Nooblet

<Venom>

"Trayus Academy"

I'm on one of the worst servers on the planet of any game ever created in the history of America. So I'm just curious what others who are languishing on low population servers do to keep yourself interested in this game? Since there is no functioning GTN, PVP, Finding a group for a flashpoint? HA! Imagine that! What is this Lost Island you speak of?

InB4 LULZ JUST REROLL!!! There are a couple of factors preventing me from re rolling. I play with 4 IRL friends who are very casual and refuse to level up again. Also, I spent 5 months working on my main, why would want to just abandon him? Thats just stupid, and I personally hate that argument.

I'm leveling up an alt to experience the Trooper storyline (the Consular story was unbearably lame most of the time) with my Smuggler friend. When he hits 50, I can have a second person on Ilum to do dailies with my main. After my 30 free days run out, I'll likely be moving on to another game. I may check out TERA when the box price comes down and they get a few patches in (I'm not suggesting TERA is bad now, I have no idea, but AoC and TOR have taught me never to buy a MMO at release ever again) or hit up MoP (I actually like the pandas)

If meaningful and free server relocation and consolidation occur before my free time runs out, I may stick around longer. I genuinely like the game, but I'm not going to pay 15$/month for a 2-player RPG.

41 days and counting.