What do you do, Low Pop Server man, to keep interested in TOR?

AGSThomas

I'm on one of the worst servers on the planet of any game ever created in the history of America. So I'm just curious what others who are languishing on low population servers do to keep yourself interested in this game? Since there is no functioning GTN, PVP, Finding a group for a flashpoint? HA! Imagine that! What is this Lost Island you speak of?

InB4 LULZ JUST REROLL!!! There are a couple of factors preventing me from re rolling. I play with 4 IRL friends who are very casual and refuse to level up again. Also, I spent 5 months working on my main, why would want to just abandon him? Thats just stupid, and I personally hate that argument.

Game Over for you m8,

Since there is not Estimated data for any Server Merge or Transfer!

But its you're Fault since you went for the wrong Server BW has nothing to do with That!

Edited by Szadek

how can you play when theirs nothing to do. And oh ya i did reroll on a high pop server jedi covenant and i still have a hard time finding groups so dont believ people when they tell you too reroll this game is the tortanic and is sinking as fast as the titanic.

how can you play when theirs nothing to do. And oh ya i did reroll on a high pop server jedi covenant and i still have a hard time finding groups so dont believ people when they tell you too reroll this game is the tortanic and is sinking as fast as the titanic.

Point of order: Titanic actually sank relatively slowly. It took 2 hours for it to go down.

Game Over for you m8,

Since there is not Estimated data for any Server Merge or Transfer!

But its you're Fault since you went for the wrong Server BW has nothing to do with That!

Is it really my fault though? I've been here since Beta. I was one of those people on the full servers at launch who were told by bioware "Please move to one of the new servers we just opened up"

Well, I'm not on a low pop server, but I play like I am. I only spend about 10 hours a week, on the weekends playing, so I'm really spending very little time playing. Every weekend I log on and I'm excited to play, and I don't spend hours looking for groups or standing around in fleet, I just kinda go about my business. I've only just leveled my first 50 since beta. I can keep interested because I limit my play time so I don't get burnt. I think even if I were on a low pop server I really wouldn't care to be honest, I would just be patient and reroll elsewhere, but that's just me.

I'm on one of the worst servers on the planet of any game ever created in the history of America. So I'm just curious what others who are languishing on low population servers do to keep yourself interested in this game? Since there is no functioning GTN, PVP, Finding a group for a flashpoint? HA! Imagine that! What is this Lost Island you speak of?

InB4 LULZ JUST REROLL!!! There are a couple of factors preventing me from re rolling. I play with 4 IRL friends who are very casual and refuse to level up again. Also, I spent 5 months working on my main, why would want to just abandon him? Thats just stupid, and I personally hate that argument.

Quit till summer time and they introduce transfers, then just re-enable your account, transfer and be happy.

They won't delete your guy while you're away.

Thats the best option, for you and your casual friends. if you server really is THAT dead, its likely you'll all get free transfers anyway.

Can't you guys form a stable Flashpoint group, just by yourselves? I know this doesn't help much with GTN, PvP or Ops, but it should be something, right?

I rerolled twice already. The first time to Zekkeg Beast which at the time was Heavy pop with a slight queue. Well a month went by and it fell into low to standard pop. So I said screw it and rerolled on Harbinger. The server is pretty well populated but it is still almost impossible to find a flashpoint group. I actually ended up unsubbing last night because of the frustration.

I dont think a LFG tool is going to fix anything. People have made it clear that they dont want to do flashpoints or just group in general. Sad to say the game is a lost cause in my opinion.

I rerolled twice already. The first time to Zekkeg Beast which at the time was Heavy pop with a slight queue. Well a month went by and it fell into low to standard pop. So I said screw it and rerolled on Harbinger. The server is pretty well populated but it is still almost impossible to find a flashpoint group. I actually ended up unsubbing last night because of the frustration.

I dont think a LFG tool is going to fix anything. People have made it clear that they dont want to do flashpoints or just group in general. Sad to say the game is a lost cause in my opinion.

Sadly, I think you are right. I've rerolled already when Bioware asked us to get off the full servers at launch. I didnt dream they would trap up is this garbage hole. There really is nothing to do. How many times can one do dailys? I have 9 million gold... from dailies. It's just sad and unfortunate because I, like a lot of people really had high hopes for this game.

Unsub. It's the only language they understand. They will ask that you explain why you are cancelling, so perhaps they will listen and you can return at a later date. Why pay them in the meantime?

You will eventually quit when you remain without excuses for this game.

I personally invested ****loads of time on my char. and i still love this game; but any mmorpg is only worth as it's player base which is shrinking as we speak...

I still don't know if they are oblivious or they just lack the proper crew to fix this...

Quit till summer time and they introduce transfers, then just re-enable your account, transfer and be happy.

They won't delete your guy while you're away.

Thats the best option, for you and your casual friends. if you server really is THAT dead, its likely you'll all get free transfers anyway.

+1

I would say though, if your server isn't offered a free transfer, and mergers still aren't being planned, then just find a new game.

Insult to injury is:

- Paying BW for a game.

-- BW puts your guild on a soon-to-be dead server.

- Paying BW a monthly fee.

-- BW communication is non-existant (just look at a company like Blizzard or CCP - they REGULARLY respond to PAYING CUSTOMERS concerns and opinions).

- Paying BW to transfer your character to a server with more than 50 people on it.

Lets look at this financially:

Box = £50

Sub = £70 (£10 x 7 [assuming transfers come in mid-summer])

Transfer = £15

Total = £135

Sounds like a lovely business model, also sounds like your totally screwing over your customers and supporters.

Don't get diddled. Unsub. Come back when transfers go up. See if yours is free. If not, learn to play the piano or something.

Yeah, I think your best bet is to just unsub. you've likely got at least 30 days left anyway so you can still mess around, but if you can't play why pay?

Let them know why when they ask, and hopefully with enough people cancelling subs they will get the picture that population issues is far and away the number one issues with the game atm. And if subs are bleeding out as fast as they are on my server elsewhere...well lets just hope they get this ship righted soon rather than later.

I have a feeling, as they have said they aren't working on server MERGERS, that unfortunately the transfers aren't going to be what people think...

It doesn't make sense to give all the incredibly low pop servers the ability to move to higher pop ones, because then you would just merge them. The same things are going to have to happen whether characters transfer or merge.

No.

They'll open up transfers off of higher pop servers to lower pop ones. On paper it looks like a wonderful idea. But who would want to leave a server like the fatman, to go to a low pop server... Go from playing with 1000+ people to playing with 50?

Never going to happen. But from what I've seen of BW's management of this epidemic, that would be my interpretation of what's going to happen.

I have a feeling, as they have said they aren't working on server MERGERS, that unfortunately the transfers aren't going to be what people think...

It doesn't make sense to give all the incredibly low pop servers the ability to move to higher pop ones, because then you would just merge them. The same things are going to have to happen whether characters transfer or merge.

No.

They'll open up transfers off of higher pop servers to lower pop ones. On paper it looks like a wonderful idea. But who would want to leave a server like the fatman, to go to a low pop server... Go from playing with 1000+ people to playing with 50?

Never going to happen. But from what I've seen of BW's management of this epidemic, that would be my interpretation of what's going to happen.

This. I'm hoping that this isn't their plan, because I can see it completely not working.