Redicolous loading times

Fiesbert

Long loading times

SWTOR takes forever to load. Especially with the rather yesterdayish graphics in mind. I made a comparison video how long Batman Arkham City, Battlefield 3 and the Witcher 2 take to load in comparison to SWTOR.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGeXR2vostU

Loading times:

SWTOR 34 seconds

Batman Arkham City 28 seconds

Battlefield 3 24 seconds

the Witcher 2 10 seconds

################################## 34 seconds

############################ 28 seconds

###################### 24 seconds

########## 10 seconds

Its kind of strange that DirectX 11 games like Witcher 2 load up to three times faster than SWTOR. In the case of Battlefield 3 there are maps as big as a whole planet of SWTOR with up to 32 players (twices as many as in SWTOR warzones), a lot better graphics, a lot better sound, a lot more effects, yet still it loads in 2/3 of the time SWTOR takes to load.

Oh and I even was generous with the SWTOR loading time. Since I took a quick load. Most of the time SWTOR takes more than a minute to load. Annoying!

Excerpt from this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4164899#post4164899

Edited by Fiesbert

Well.

I have the opposite loading times as you do..

Swtor 22 seconds on avrg ( did a run over zoning 10 times)

Battlefield 3 1.5minutes. Basically on every map i try to load in.

So i dunno..and anyway 30 sec not really long loadingtimes..you should compare to other mmo's not other regular games since most mmo's are damn slow on the loadingtimes.

Well.

I have the opposite loading times as you do..

Swtor 22 seconds on avrg ( did a run over zoning 10 times)

Battlefield 3 1.5minutes. Basically on every map i try to load in.

So i dunno..and anyway 30 sec not really long loadingtimes..you should compare to other mmo's not other regular games since most mmo's are damn slow on the loadingtimes.

You are quite an exception then. All my guildmates and friends I played with experience equally higher loading times.

I dont get how ill have the loading screen still but but ill be able to click things in game.

Say I queued for a wazone, i alt tabbed out, then back in ( loading screen comes up ) ill still be able to click the wz pop if i remember the placement of it before the loading screen even disappears.

• 2 months later...
I dont get how ill have the loading screen still but but ill be able to click things in game.

Say I queued for a wazone, i alt tabbed out, then back in ( loading screen comes up ) ill still be able to click the wz pop if i remember the placement of it before the loading screen even disappears.

The UI does not need to be reloaded every time you change zones (it is just hidden until the new zone finishes loading).

The maps in Mass Effect 3 (another bioware game) which has like infinently better graphics load in about 3-6 seconds on my computer, while I miss que pops all the time while loading into Tatoonie, belselvis or corellia which means its over a min of load time prolly a min and a half for corellia. The Fleet takes a good 30-45 seconds. Edited by TriviumIsGOAT