Why all the complaints about the price of legacy unlocks?

Gargion

legacy will become a huge bonus for the Real money traders. You could grind dalies for a couple of months or pull out the cred card and grab enough credits to roll that new sith Jedi and get playing in an hour or less...........what a choice.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's definitely a lazy dev in charge of designing incremental upgrades in this game.

Speeders

Now: 90% = 35k. 100% = 150k. 110% = 220k. 10% speed increases for the cost is simply stupid.

Should be: keep the costs and change speeds 80%, 110%, 140%, or lower the cost and speeds 75% 100% 125%

Fleet pass legacy

Now: 100k for -1hr, 200k for additional -2hr, 300k for additional -3hr. Total 600k for 6hr reduction for 12hr cooldown. Utter joke.

Should be: -4hr per upgrade for total of 12hr reduction, making the cooldown 6hr.

Similar for Quick travel: -5min per upgrade for total of 15min reduction, making the cooldown 15min.

Those would be worth the credit. Not the current garbage that wasn't thought through with a shred of logic.

I agree with many of the other posters, the primary problem with the price of the legacy unlocks is the value of what you actually get.

i.e. 5 million for a hutt GTN. If this was the faction specific one, I may find that reasonable, but the hutt GTN is a barren wasteland. I don't even bother running to Nar Shaddaa to check it out, I'm not gonna spend 5 million to move it to my ship.

Fleet pass cooldown is another one. Whether it's 18 hours or 12 hours, (or heck, even all the way down to 6 hours, as somebody else suggested) for the VAST majority of players that is functionaly the same cooldown length: once per day. What they SHOULD have done is a completely new backup fleetpass ability that starts with a 60 hour cooldown (so every 3rd day), that can then be upgraded to a 36 hour cooldown (so every other day) to a 12 hour cooldown (so every day) Or possible simply add charges to the current ability with independant cooldowns, so with 1 upgrade you can fleetpass twice per day, with 2 you could do it 3 times.

Edited by GnatB

legacy will become a huge bonus for the Real money traders. You could grind dalies for a couple of months or pull out the cred card and grab enough credits to roll that new sith Jedi and get playing in an hour or less...........what a choice.

I cynic might surmise the real reason for the current legacy prices is to create a large enough RMT market for credits to sell more copies and subs to credit farmers/sellers...

BW set themselves up for a backlash and it goes beyond how useful the unlocks are.

You see, players would be more forgiving if not for the following points.

The legacy system was promised at launch.

Loyal customers continue to play and gain legacy levels, all with the promise of legacy eventually being unlocked.

So finally.....FOUR MONTHS LATER, we get one of the games defining features. The one promised at launch. And we're slapped in the face with absurd prices.

Here's the deal... whether you personally find it easy to raise credits is completely irrelevant. The players with high legacy levels are loyal customers who stuck with the game and kept playing on the Devs promises. Why can't those players simply be rewarded for their time and money invested?

Why does the legacy system have to be a double grind, first to get the levels and again to purchase what you've unlocked?

Here is an idea of what a legacy unlock should have been. A relic (class specific, maybe AC specific), doesn't have to have any stats on it but would be nice, Increases the experience gained from class quests by 400-500%.

BAM. That accomplishes the stated goal of encouraging alts. I can't stand doing the same boring side quests over and over. When I roll an alt all I care about is the class story.

+1 my friend everything you said is right on and being on a dead server in my case does not help at all no one buys anything and people barely sells anything because no one is buying i guess.

I rolled on Kinrath Spider an Early Access server that had a little queue at prime time while the early access/game launch and now if you see 20 people on the fleet on imperial side you're lucky out of prime time yesterday morning we were 5-6 , don't ask on pub side it's worse.

And back to legacy topic why would i want to unlock stuff on a dead server? Tons of people stops playing on this one? With the Rakghoul event people came back in droves to get the stuff on the vendor and the title but now it went back on lifesupport. A real life friend of mine who i got to play this game looked at the price of the stuff in the legacy and said man they're mad and don't mention dailies to him he hates them with passion,he's only at home a few days a week (2-4 if he's lucky) and doing dalies to get monies and get stuff via commendation makes him mad.

Thankyou =) I know I wrote a giant wall of text, but it was late night for me and I just had a large conversation with several guildies about this very subject. I appreciate that at least someone read it. I can imagine it's much much worse on a server that is low pop. My server isn't too bad, we've got ~50 people on fleet right now just before 7pm ET and it usually bumps up to 120 or so as the evening draws on. I guess the good thing is that, from what I've read previously, Legacy transfers via the transfer service so when they do implement them for everyone you can at least transfer one of your toons to a better server.

1,000,000 credits really isn't a lot. I'm a casual player--I play when I get the time, typically about 2 hours a day--yet, I managed to get about 1,000,000 creds in about 3 weeks. It's really not that hard? Why all the griping about the high cost of things you have to EARN? I'm sorry, but I feel like Blizzard ruined WoW by making everything too easy to get. I don't want SWTOR to be the same way. Otherwise I have nothing to work for.

So tell me, if I can get 1,000,000 creds in about 3 weeks simply by doing dailies, what's the big deal?

EDIT: Also, a lot of the unlocks apply to ALL of your chars. on a server. So that means it's a one time cost for up to 8 chars.

It is a bit like a millionaire asking why people would get upset at 5 bucks a gallon for gas. Some of the costs for unlocks are crazy high. And for what? A mail box on your ship, when you rarely even use your ship and there are like hundreds of mail boxes around anyway?

Lol Love all the "I got 900 million in 2 weeks hard work doing dailys & selling my soul!" ...The real question would be: Who is it you buy your credits from again? And do you get rice with it? Thought so... :o

1,000,000 credits really isn't a lot. I'm a casual player--I play when I get the time, typically about 2 hours a day--yet, I managed to get about 1,000,000 creds in about 3 weeks.

If your doing your dailies daily, and you gain over 200k a day, plus selling the vendor fodder, how is it taking you 3 weeks to get a mil. You can get a mil in less than a week. But that just makes me agree with the initial question at hand. Why are people complaining? IDK

Also to some of the earlier posts stating 14.5mil for all unlocks, did you not see that they go up in price significantly as you go up in tier? Not gonna go check em and do the math, but its much more than that for sure..

For me it's about the feel of working hard to get your legacy up...."unlocking" these perks and then having to go and grind out credits just to use them. It's like a slap in the face when you hit a new legacy level and are like.."YAY!!! 15 more weeks till I can use that perk, after I finish grinding for the last 5 I want"

For me it's about the feel of working hard to get your legacy up...."unlocking" these perks and then having to go and grind out credits just to use them. It's like a slap in the face when you hit a new legacy level and are like.."YAY!!! 15 more weeks till I can use that perk, after I finish grinding for the last 5 I want"

Yea, let's just give it all away for free. That way everyone and their moms will have everything and nothing will be useful. :rolleyes:

What i said in the last post, near 80%-90% of the things that you can find in the Legacy can be unlocked by leveling alts only. So i dont see where they were lying.

Really? Break that down and see what it comes down to. Sure, the buffs (arguably the most useful) can be unlocked by playing, but just about EVERYTHING in that "other abilities" or whatever it's called tree cost money. Lots of it. I WANT to level 7 alts! This really should be ENCOURAGING that!

At the current prices the unlocks simply aren't worth getting. For me it's not so much that I can't afford it as I simply see no reason to spend that many credits on those things. If the costs were in line with the benefits then I'd probably have a few of them.

That's about it.

I spend most of my time PvPing, so make a pitiful amount of money each day (just about enough to break even with the cost of ripping out PvP mods from new WH gear). For me to make enough money to buy this crap (and let's face it, it is mostly crap) I'd have to spend lots of time doing stuff I don't enjoy.

So as far as I'm concerned, most of this legacy stuff isn't for me. Fair enough. Maybe down the line there'll be a patch which IS for me.

It's not a game-breaker, but it's certainly annoying. I'm more or less ambivalent towards daily quests, mostly because I'm just too damn lazy to get on one of my 4 50's and do the same quests over and over, day in, day out. But out of those 4 50's, none of which have crafting skills, bought companion gifts, ever even opened the GTN window, and skipped speeder rank 3, I made about 600,000 credits. I bought the ship mailbox, and I cleaned myself out. It was a huge letdown.

So, after deleting my 50 mercenary because I hated his face (GIVE US CHARACTER RECUSTOMIZATION BIOWARE, I HAD TO REROLL THIS GUY BECAUSE I HATED HIS FACE), and who I am now in the middle of leveling, I'm quite frustrated. I would really like the repair droid on my ship, or rocket boots, or maybe a training dummy just for kicks. I'm legacy level 30 after raising all those alts, but, like it has been said, that means NOTHING until I manage to dig up the half-dozen million that all this sh*t costs.

If the legacy system was actually supposed to encourage leveling alts, then why didn't they simply cut the amount of exp you get when getting legacy exp into quarters or something, and drop the credit cost? For example, I'd have legacy level 7.5 if they did this, but that would give me access to the species unlocks, and the repair droid, and the companion dance, and one of those just for laughs attacks. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Granted, people might just grind dailies for that exp, but at least we have a friggin choice, and somebody leveling alts can get those perks at relatively the same speed as a grinder could. If they really wanted to encourage leveling alts, the credit idea was a terrible way to go, especially for those convenience and travel rewards, which would be most useful to those people trekking their characters across planets, and not sitting around on the fleet. Or at least raise the level required and lower the credit cost. Say... GTN now requires level 35 legacy, but costs a million. Or ship droid now requires 15 legacy, but costs 200,000. It's an absurd way of getting people off their mains, if that is indeed what bioware is going for. You make a pretty pathetic sum leveling when it's compared to grinding dailes, especially since it takes someone like me, who does every single solo quest, and every bonus quest, three weeks to hit 50. I just don't think Bioware did this in a very smart way.

Edited by Legendoom

Yea, let's just give it all away for free. That way everyone and their moms will have everything and nothing will be useful. :rolleyes:

You have a reading comprehension problem? he earned them through leveling his legacy......earned....why do you have problems understanding that word.

I'm playing pretty casually. My highest is a level 40. Already I'm noticing I can't afford to upkeep all my abilities (expensive abilities). There's no way I'd be able to afford legacy stuff. I can't even afford to keep my crafting up to the right level (it's like 10 levels lower than me).

I don't know how money is raining down on you people.

I'm playing pretty casually. My highest is a level 40. Already I'm noticing I can't afford to upkeep all my abilities (expensive abilities). There's no way I'd be able to afford legacy stuff. I can't even afford to keep my crafting up to the right level (it's like 10 levels lower than me).

The rainmakers are all level 50's! ...you gotta hang in there!

All you have to do is play at level 50 for one month and $100k becomes trivial. Your assumption that you'll never be able to afford legacy stuff is based solely (and incorrectly) on your level 40 earnings experience.

EDIT: Also, these numbers are almost Purely from dailies. This doesn't include actually going out and purposefully gaining credits by farming, selling, stc.

how do you sell things when your server is pretty much dead and the GTN hardly even works? O.o

I stopped upgrading my abilities at Tatooine and was able to reach lvl 50 and I only had to grind 200k to reach 1.5 mil.

Edited by Tuscad