Why all the complaints about the price of legacy unlocks?

Gargion

Might be expensive but its easy to obtain when you get 500k a day from dailies and junk loot sales

Maybe my english isnt the best, most of because isnt a native language for me. I have 2 native languages and i speak the best way that i can in 3 more. Anyway, i think that you can understand what i try to say.

I would ask this, how many you speak? 1? 2? Please stop that thing of try to invalidate someone's ideas because his writing is far away of being perfect.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they want all the items NOW, they don't want to have to save up or go earn credits to buy them.... It's the same reason its so easy to get gear in this game because so many people QQ they didnt get a full set of Rakata gear on their first run.... Were dealing with a generation of gamers who want Instant Gratification... When they don't get it they go play a Free to Play MMO where they can buy all their gear with their parents credit card....

did you even read any of the posts in this thread?

Its not about wanting them now. Its about wanting them to be meaningful and appropriately priced. Right now there are maybe a handful of things on there worth a damn, and out of that group two or three are moderately priced (Target Dummies) one is borderline mandatory (rocket boots) and a few are ridiculously overpriced (mailbox)

The rest are mostly completely, utterly and totally useless.

Conservatively, one lvl 50 toon can make 300k in about 2hrs on dailies...

If you have one lvl 50, you can advance a second to level 50 faster than the first. It's certainly within the realm of possibility that an account with 3-4 level 50's could raise $1 million in a 4-5 hour timeframe.

There are several legacy advantages to leveling alts.

I have plenty of credits, there's just nothing in the legacy is worth spending them on (at least not at the current prices.) They're certainly not worth grinding out hours a day for. Then again, I play swtor for fun. So farming hundreds of dailies isn't on my agenda when I log in. I feel bad for people who don't have anything better to do.

What bothers me is that Legacy is just an excuse for a credit sink... I have Legacy rank 27... That doesn't buy me anything... I have to spend a million to get something someone with only legacy 10 can have as well?

They should make the unlocks free if you reach a certain Legacy level... I rather spend my money on crafting and even customizing my looks, which is worth more money than getting an hour less cooldown on something I don't use that often...

Might be expensive but its easy to obtain when you get 500k a day from dailies and junk loot sales

These dailies are from the fleet? And how long do they take please? I need money :D

did you even read any of the posts in this thread?

Its not about wanting them now. Its about wanting them to be meaningful and appropriately priced. Right now there are maybe a handful of things on there worth a damn, and out of that group two or three are moderately priced (Target Dummies) one is borderline mandatory (rocket boots) and a few are ridiculously overpriced (mailbox)

The rest are mostly completely, utterly and totally useless.

The items are in their for end game players who have a lot of cash to burn.... Just doing dailies to get the mods I needed to start Operations I made over 4 million in credits... without even trying... So money is rather easy to come by.... As for the usefulness of items thats going to vary for each person....

A lot of the reasons people are broke is because they grind out all their crafting/mission skills for all their alts which eats up a ton of money.... try skipping that and you'll have lots of cash to burn on legacy items... Also Bioware has already stated this is only the 1st part of the legacy system as they didn't have time to put in everything they wanted on the first go round.... we should be seeing more legacy stuff in the next patch or two...

And btw, I'm pretty sure everyone knew that the legacy stuff was nothing more then fluff items.... If you thought they were going to give you an advantage in the game you were deceiving yourself....

Well, by playing you can unlock all the 9 Races, all the buffs, emotes, heroic moment abilities, extra bonus from companions, extra presence from companions, the light/dark skills, the social things, the pvp things,... In other words, near the 80% - 90% of the things can be unlocked playing.

Which ones cant be unlocked via leveling chars? The quick travel, the emergency fleet pass, the things of the space**** and the rocket boots.

Not to say that soon more things will be added.

I see lots of complains in this forums (many in my opinion) and this is one of the less important i think.

You also forgot that in order to do all this without spending credits, you would then have to delete your level 50 characters and make brand-spanking-new characters of the race / class combos you wanted from the start. On the same server, to boot, so you can't just say "I'll get this guy to 50, unlock it account-wide, then make a new guy on a more active server since this one's dead."

9 races total, 8 character slots. One class you WILL have to pay for. Also, that insane amount of work, just so you can start over with a Miralukan Warrior, or a Cyborg Jedi?

Personally, I'm of the mindset where, Legacy levels 1-4 you get nothing of value beyond XP. 5+, you get one "point" per Legacy level, like a stat point. It costs X points to unlock Bonus Y, in addition to the required Legacy levels, OR Legacy Level X and credits, OR meeting Criteria Z. You play a lot, you might end up spending credits on the GTN terminal, spend points on unlocking your races, etc.

These dailies are from the fleet? And how long do they take please? I need money :D

At 50 you do the bonus series on Ilum and Besalvis, that opens up the dailies you can do each day.... Also with 1.2 Corellia now has its own set of dailies... Each mission ranges from 7k-10k credits and it only takes like 5-8 mins to do each mission... Plus the Heroic Dailies give you high end Mod items which you can easily sell for 30k-40k each on the GTN or you can use them to get your armor ready for doing Story mode Operations or Hard Mode Flashpoints...

I have plenty of credits, there's just nothing in the legacy is worth spending them on (at least not at the current prices.) They're certainly not worth grinding out hours a day for. Then again, I play swtor for fun. So farming hundreds of dailies isn't on my agenda when I log in. I feel bad for people who don't have anything better to do.

I can see value in several of the items...

I'm gonna spring for the million dollar shipdroids with interchangeable crit-bonus augments. ...a few of the "coming soon" features also have me interested. Granted, a few of the existing ones (like reducing an 18hr cooldown by 3 hours) are downright laughable almost to the point of insulting.

The mailbox on ship, maybe the GTN one day, portable mailbox, field re-spec... I see value in these.

What else am I gonna spend it on? I guess I could horde it all for that exclusive $10.0M super-sparkle-rainbow-saber-crystal that might show up for a limited time... and then not buy it anyway in preference to complaining about it costing too much.

Edited by XLJedi

add all the unlock costs and report back.

Add up how many days there are in a year and report back.

Legacy is supposed to be a long term part of the game. Not something you got all the stuff for the day 1.2 launched so that you could then post the following day about lack of content.

At 50 you do the bonus series on Ilum and Besalvis, that opens up the dailies you can do each day.... Also with 1.2 Corellia now has its own set of dailies... Each mission ranges from 7k-10k credits and it only takes like 5-8 mins to do each mission... Plus the Heroic Dailies give you high end Mod items which you can easily sell for 30k-40k each on the GTN or you can use them to get your armor ready for doing Story mode Operations or Hard Mode Flashpoints...

Thanks, I'll try it out. Once I got to 50 I started alts.

I'm not sure if you're actually serious. Multiply all the costs by 100. Do you still think it's fine? Using your logic, if you don't want it then 100 million credits shouldn't matter, and if you do want it 100 million credits should be acceptable. :rolleyes:

if you're "working" in swtor you're doing it wrong...

What? Do you know meaning of the word choose? If something is 100 mil that I do want than Im complaining about the price, not about it being useless. Thats 1 thing. So that would be a choice in terms of complaining.

Working towards something does not equal labor. You work towards the boss of a flashpoint whilst doing the FP, no?

I do see how things can be overpriced and useless but I dont see how making a feature cheaper would make the feature itself less useless. Making it cheaper makes legacy more desirable for some people but less so for others. Legacy for me is a reason to go back to my level 50 which I am thankful for.

The high credit cost of the unlocks essentially makes the legacy levels pointless. Now, if it was a choice between unlocking something by getting a certain legacy level, or paying a ton of credits to do so sooner, then it would make sense.

1,000,000 credits really isn't a lot. I'm a casual player--I play when I get the time, typically about 2 hours a day--yet, I managed to get about 1,000,000 creds in about 3 weeks. It's really not that hard? Why all the griping about the high cost of things you have to EARN? I'm sorry, but I feel like Blizzard ruined WoW by making everything too easy to get. I don't want SWTOR to be the same way. Otherwise I have nothing to work for.

So tell me, if I can get 1,000,000 creds in about 3 weeks simply by doing dailies, what's the big deal?

EDIT: Also, a lot of the unlocks apply to ALL of your chars. on a server. So that means it's a one time cost for up to 8 chars.

Nothing else to complain about?

What bothers me is that Legacy is just an excuse for a credit sink... I have Legacy rank 27... That doesn't buy me anything... I have to spend a million to get something someone with only legacy 10 can have as well?

They should make the unlocks free if you reach a certain Legacy level... I rather spend my money on crafting and even customizing my looks, which is worth more money than getting an hour less cooldown on something I don't use that often...

What arent you getting about credit sink?

In the end everyone is going to have more then enough money for EVERYTHING they could want, eventually they'll be twinking characters super hard etc. Thats why legacy costs so damn much. It's a credit sink.

What arent you getting about credit sink?

In the end everyone is going to have more then enough money for EVERYTHING they could want, eventually they'll be twinking characters super hard etc. Thats why legacy costs so damn much. It's a credit sink.

If it's just a credit sink, why is it at all tied to legacy levels? As it stands, getting legacy levels means nothing since they aren't an actual barrier to anything. The whole legacy system is a poorly implemented version of an otherwise good idea.

Why the complaints?

A, most of the unlocks are useless and not worth the price. Nobody minds paying a premium price for something useful (target dummies) or unique (speeders that were removed, rare color crystals) but they sure as hell mind paying exorbitant amounts of money for minor convenience items (ship GTN) a few of which many feel should be standard anyway (ship mailbox)

B, some of the unlocks are absurd for what they do (fleet pass cooldown? useless) thus making the required price irrelevant. Fleet pass cooldown could be 10k credits and I probably still wouldn't buy it because even at max reduction the chances of me using it twice in one day and/or play period are slim to none.

C, some unlocks are becoming mandatory (rocket boost) which is making legacy become less of that fun thing you mess around with in your spare time and with your alts and more of a thing you have to waste your time doing regardless if you want to or not (especially with the class specific buffs)

^This. why pay 1 million credits so I have a droid in my ship to repair with when I could use the vendor I run past in the station and have a years repair paid for by that same 1 mill credits? it isnt like he gives you a discount or pays rent to stay on your ship.

I swear people will find anything to ***** and moan about.

I know this is cruel... but I swear to God, sometimes I wish there would be III World War just so that people would learn to put things into perspective.