Iron Fist Vs Pyro

Cempa

Iron Fist has 8% damage reduction, is it close or not?

It's not even close. Pyro would blow IF up.

Right now PT pyro's are one of the strongest damage dealers in the game. I don't think it would even be close.

ok thanks, playing Iron Fist now and it feels solid mitigation wise with decent damage output but never played pyro...

Your mitigation in any build that specializes in Ion will have better Mitigation than the DPS SPecs.

Pyro damage however is worlds higher than IF though so it really depends on the playstyle you prefer. MItigation or Damage.

First of all your thread Title should have been ST vs Pyro. Because IronFist brings absolutely nothing to the table fighting a Pyro. In fact a Full ST would probably do better than an Ironfist. Since the Ironfist came out, I cant believe how many people think of it as a hybrid or some sort of tank with higher dps. It isnt, never was, never will. It is "purely" a PvP Tank. Tank Tank Tank.

Second, any competent Pyro can take TWO not just One tank. So there is your answer.

First of all your thread Title should have been ST vs Pyro. Because IronFist brings absolutely nothing to the table fighting a Pyro. In fact a Full ST would probably do better than an Ironfist. Since the Ironfist came out, I cant believe how many people think of it as a hybrid or some sort of tank with higher dps. It isnt, never was, never will. It is "purely" a PvP Tank. Tank Tank Tank.

Second, any competent Pyro can take TWO not just One tank. So there is your answer.

I must run into a lot of incompetent pyros. We've got WH geared assault vanguards and I win the majority of 1v1s with them after 1.2. There's no chance a single pyro could take two of me.

I tried pyro and I was unimpressed. The burst and damage is higher, but not enough to lose the utility, mobility, and guard abilities from ST. However, I always have to solo queue, and we rarely have a healer. With a healer a pyro may provide more benefit.

Edited by Noollig

I would argue that if the tanks are decent and are actively attempting to reduce damage done to the other tank, the pyro should not win. I will, however, agree that a single good pyro is capable of beating 2 bad ST tanks; you could also throw in a fresh 50 sorc on the tanks' side without changing the outcome. Everything else you said is right on. IF is a PVP tank.

Personally, I like my assault vanguard too much to even consider another spec at the moment. Around the time that 1.2 was still on test server and there were a lot of panicked threads, I thought about changing over to IF, or maybe tactics. I even picked up the "other" DPS armor set, which did come in handy in 1.2, though not through putting it on and respecing out of assault.

Edited by Hethroin

Personally, I like my assault vanguard too much to even consider another spec at the moment. Around the time that 1.2 was still on test server and there were a lot of panicked threads, I thought about changing over to IF, or maybe tactics. I even picked up the "other" DPS armor set, which did come in handy in 1.2, though not through putting it on and respecing out of assault.

Yes, I too like an idiot, panicked about the Pyro nerf and focused on getting BM Combat Tech instead of Eliminator, thinking I would either switch to AP or ST. I played around with different specs post 1.2 to try to make use of the combat tech set. I got EXTREMELY annoyed that you cant upgrade to a WH set with a different type of BM set. I finally settled on 2pc PvP Combat Medic + 2pc PvE SuperCom and went with an Energy Rebounder pyro spec. 18sec of Energy Shield every 30-40sec in between is like crack. I dont see myself switching to any other gear/spec anytime soon.

But to be honest, I miss the pre 1.2 Pyro. Not because of damage output, but purely for the RNG chaotic nature of it. It was just alot more fun and alot more frustrating at the same time.

Edited by Agooz

But to be honest, I miss the pre 1.2 Pyro. Not because of damage output, but purely for the RNG chaotic nature of it. It was just alot more fun and alot more frustrating at the same time.

I am almost willing to say it is better now, though I suspect that may be the plasma cell fix talking. I can predict my procs a little better now than before.

i said this in another pvp related thread. Till rated combat is introduced you will come up against complete muppets in every WZ. And beating 2 at a time is not hard.

As ST last night i attacked a node in NC. 3 Vs 1. I killed the Jugg, then 1/3 health left smashed a Sorc then set to work on a sniper which i took half health off. I burned all my CD's, used medpac + stim but really the only thing that can account for that situation is that either ST is super OP. Which everyone says it isn't. I'm super awesome, which i'm not, i would say i would be in the top 25% but most likely 24% ahead of me.

The most reasonable answer is the other players really suck and have bad gear. I don't suck and have really good gear.

Till rated combat comes out there is no real measure cause any skilled play will pwn noobs into oblivion.

i said this in another pvp related thread. Till rated combat is introduced you will come up against complete muppets in every WZ. And beating 2 at a time is not hard.

As ST last night i attacked a node in NC. 3 Vs 1. I killed the Jugg, then 1/3 health left smashed a Sorc then set to work on a sniper which i took half health off. I burned all my CD's, used medpac + stim but really the only thing that can account for that situation is that either ST is super OP. Which everyone says it isn't. I'm super awesome, which i'm not, i would say i would be in the top 25% but most likely 24% ahead of me.

The most reasonable answer is the other players really suck and have bad gear. I don't suck and have really good gear.

Till rated combat comes out there is no real measure cause any skilled play will pwn noobs into oblivion.

Yes you are right, but I dont think the OP was asking this question with total disregard to skill and gear.

Gear and skill being equal, a Pyro will beat a shieldtech 10 out of 10 times. While that same ST is more viable as a ball carrier and having the ability to guard, a pyro is more viable at controlling the center, without which a ball carrier is useless anyways AND more viable in the other WZs as well.

That said, everyone should play whatever spec they enjoy most.

Iron fist will lose. I ran Iron Fist until the 1.2 changes. Heatblast is amazing and makes it way more bursty than a IronFist.

ST vs Pyro, equally geared opponents i win 50% of the time. Ide say they are equal. all depends who gets luckier and who has cooldowns up.

pyro win the fight, ironfist win the match.

i'm 4pc wh + weapon ironfist and so far only pyro can kill me b4 help come when i solo guarding cap point. even bm pyro can do that to me without wz adrenal while i pop one. once in blue moon i win.

against scrubs i manage solo kill 2 + another 1 incoming and cap civil war side node. just imagine how fast i **** them before first one could come back on speeder.

Yes you are right, but I dont think the OP was asking this question with total disregard to skill and gear.

Gear and skill being equal, a Pyro will beat a shieldtech 10 out of 10 times. While that same ST is more viable as a ball carrier and having the ability to guard, a pyro is more viable at controlling the center, without which a ball carrier is useless anyways AND more viable in the other WZs as well.

That said, everyone should play whatever spec they enjoy most.

Yes thats what I'm asking..Assume its you playing against yourself, who would win? As in which build.