1.3 and Legacy boost

Windova

Does anyone know if the legacy boost via pvp, FPs, etc. will be rewarded via our legacy level or will we have to pay a godly amount of credits to obtain it?

Honestly, I love this game I don't like to really complain about anything. However this is my first complaint on the forums, I would really like it to be rewarded via your legacy level hence I like to play alts primarily PvP. For those of you out there who make tons of credits and this is no problem for you, my hats off to you; you obviously did something right.

I don't focus on earning credits just enough to get by, so would really like to see these xp boosts more of an earned right via legacy level.

I just don't understand the point of legacy if everything is going to require you to purchase it via credits? Makes no sense and doesn't reward the person who put in the time achieving a legacy level.

i hope we can buy class buffs in 1.3 im really not a fan of levling alts. they said wed be able to. but never really said when

No, just no!

I have all 4 buffs. What your asking is for my work, getting all 4 classes past Act 2, to mean nothing.

I'm sick of people that want everything now and for nothing.

No, just no!

I have all 4 buffs. What your asking is for my work, getting all 4 classes past Act 2, to mean nothing.

This is exactly what I'm getting at.

This is exactly what I'm getting at.

I agree, why make things require Legacy level 30 or so, only to ask them to cough up another 4 mil in credits as well.

I'm all for credit sinks, but I feel the legacy system should not be the focus of where those credits go to. That's a ruse and a sham to hype the legacy system so much pre-1.2 and the to find out on the PTS that things costs millions of credits is absurd.

It's not like they aren't aware that all servers economies outside of the top 4-5 are a joke. Nothing on my server sells for much as is, the best in slot augmented campaign implant is going for under a mil... on fatman, it prolly is sitting at 15-20 mil easy.

No, just no!

so ppl who like to make alts will always have the advantage on ppl who dont? well doesnt really matter theyve already said theyd do it. not sure when we will get it

so ppl who like to make alts will always have the advantage on ppl who dont? well doesnt really matter theyve already said theyd do it. not sure when we will get it

Most people playing alts are doing missions until 50, hence the extra buffs would be nice since it's pretty much solo.

So therefor an advantage for them would be better. Someone who has 1 50 and that's all they play shouldn't even need a extra buffs considering everything at 50 is group stuff. If your still soloing at 50 then you are doing something wrong.

Personally I have no problem with them allowing single-character players to buy the extra class buffs for a few million credits each.

But in regards to "having the advantage"...well, that's only true in a solo situation. The class buffs don't stack with another player's buffs, so in flashpoints, ops, warzones, etc. there's really no advantage at all. The main advantage is when playing an alt solo, or soloing your dailies (which are easy enough to not really require it.)

Still, I see no reason why not. I may choose to play through alts to unlock them, but why shouldn't you be able to grind credits to do the same?

Still, I see no reason why not. I may choose to play through alts to unlock them, but why shouldn't you be able to grind credits to do the same?

In that case, let's put a price on it... 5 mil per class buff.

Wouldn't xp boosts being unlockable by legacy levels kinda defeat the point of them?

They're there to make leveling alts/obtaining legacy ranks easier and encourage people to roll alts. Ideally the boost is substantional enough to allow you to lvl with manly doing only your class story without the world arcs, if you chose to pvp instead.

But if the damn thing is unlockable with a legacy level you basically have to... grind alts... to eventually eliminate the grind factor of alting? Doesn't really make sense does it.

Wouldn't xp boosts being unlockable by legacy levels kinda defeat the point of them?

They're there to make leveling alts/obtaining legacy ranks easier and encourage people to roll alts. Ideally the boost is substantional enough to allow you to lvl with manly doing only your class story without the world arcs, if you chose to pvp instead.

But if the damn thing is unlockable with a legacy level you basically have to... grind alts... to eventually eliminate the grind factor of alting? Doesn't really make sense does it.

This just in: Grinding alt's is not the only way to raise your legacy level. I know people who only play one character with a legacy level over 30.

This just in: Grinding alt's is not the only way to raise your legacy level. I know people who only play one character with a legacy level over 30.

It's not, but it's the easiest/fastest way. Wich means people will do it.

So your brilliant plan is for people to do the very thing this feature exists to adress to unlock it or alternatively, do the even more grindy things on their one char, assuming they havent been obsessively pounding the elder content for the past 3 moths?

Sry, I don't see the point. Kinda like giving you a legacy speeder ability but only after you've unlocked it at lvl 25, essencially just saving you the skill training costs. You wanna get people about faster, you give it to them at lvl 10. You wanna get people rolling alts and play more, you don't reward them only after they've alted/played more imo.

Does anyone know if the legacy boost via pvp, FPs, etc. will be rewarded via our legacy level or will we have to pay a godly amount of credits to obtain it?

Well, nobody knows, but probably credit unlocks. Also, it's worth mentioning that according to the tooltop on the tab currently the experience boosts will be required to be 'purchased' on a per-character basis. So unless there's some sort of Legacy Points system coming in, it'll be credits.

Edited by DarthDemens

Hey everyone!

While we encourage you to continue your discussion here, we did want to point you towards our question thread for the next Q&A, which will be focused specifically on 1.3. So, if you have any questions about 1.3 that come up as part of this discussion, don't hesitate to also post them in the Q&A questions thread too!

Official Q&A Thread for May 25th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

Please feel free to post your questions about 1.3 in the above linked thread as well, but also mind the guidelines found in the first post.

Thanks!

i hope we can buy class buffs in 1.3 im really not a fan of levling alts. they said wed be able to. but never really said when

Funny, I don't remember them EVER saying we'd be able to, and seem to remember them saying we wouldn't. Pretty sure there was a quote to the effect that SOME stuff like the races you could unlock by credits if you didn't want to level alts, but other stuff like class buffs you wouldn't be able to purchase.

It's not, but it's the easiest/fastest way. Wich means people will do it.

Uhm, actually, grinding alts is pretty much the worst/slowest way. Best way is just to do stuff on your lvl 50.

IIRC regular exp to legacy exp conversion is level independant. lvl 50's gain exp far faster than lvl 1-49's. So lvl 50's get legacy xp fastest.