So...Any Ideals on how to beat A PT Powertech

majahlaza

erm... I generally find them annoying but other than that they're easy to beat 1v1... they're as squishey as us :rolleyes:

I'd like you to send me a new sarcasm meter. You shattered mine.

The only way you can beat one is if you have support. And you need to stay beyond 10meters.

Of course not having a range filler attack it's harder to kite them ....:eek:

This is blanket statement for beating any class... but if you really want to be good at pvp with your sage, learn every other class you can come up against, how they play, strengths, weaknesses, etc. I find the best way of doing this (other than rolling alts or playing on your friends accounts) is watching youtube videos of people playing other classes. I bet your success rate will go up significantly if you actually do this.

If Healer, bind Restoration to something easy to push and push it. Hope I'm not wrong in assuming PTs use Physical, I just remember it helped me a lot when I kited one small, cute female Powertech on Huttball.

This is blanket statement for beating any class... but if you really want to be good at pvp with your sage, learn every other class you can come up against, how they play, strengths, weaknesses, etc. I find the best way of doing this (other than rolling alts or playing on your friends accounts) is watching youtube videos of people playing other classes. I bet your success rate will go up significantly if you actually do this.

Good tips, and funny enough I rolled a Vanguard alt and he is level 20 now and I'm starting to learn the abilities but I really won't be keyed in till I can pvp in the 40's where I have much more of my abilities and can see the trees and how they're used.

I just feel like they're difficult to kite and they can still do alot of damage to us from far a decent range and when they want the fight to come to them all they have to do is grapple hook.

PT/Vanguards are not very hard to kite for a sage, worst stuff they can do is hook you into fire, that's it. Thei're damage is mediocre on tank specs and prologued on dps specs, imho. I never had so much trouble surviving PT/Vang as a marauder, those still our top counter-class (though I find DoT agents melt me too).

PT/Vanguards are not very hard to kite for a sage, worst stuff they can do is hook you into fire, that's it. Thei're damage is mediocre on tank specs and prologued on dps specs, imho. I never had so much trouble surviving PT/Vang as a marauder, those still our top counter-class (though I find DoT agents melt me too).

I see you haven't suffered from a Stimmed, Flameburst spam rocket punch rail shot PT yet. Insane the burst they can do..

Pull whoosh whoosh, punch railshot whoosh dead...

I don't know what Powertech's your playing against but every one I face is a Pyrotech spec Powertech and they keep a constant snare on you and have some of the highest burst in the game.

Generally you lose but if you want your best chance then kite kite kite. Sever Force at every opportunity, Force Wave, Force Stun, Force Speed, pray and hope he gets sick of chasing you and attacks someone else.

Force Wave when he grapples you, keep him Force Slow'd when Sever Force wears off.

If the PT is Pyro spec (which most of them are) and is at least as geared as you are and knows what he's doing then you're probably dead but you can at least drag the fight out a bit if you're really on the ball with a few of your escapes.

they keep a constant snare on you

It's dispellable with point in Restoration I think, though I am not sure.

Top imps I face are juggs, maras, assasins, sorcs, agents... maybe I just have't notice who exactly kills me faster, because, well, everyone can kill sage fast enough with decent skill. I just don't distinguish them DPSers one from another that much, too many classes are good counters for me. So... I just kite all day.

Edited by Shadenuat

It's dispellable with point in Restoration I think, though I am not sure.

Top imps I face are juggs, maras, assasins, sorcs, agents... maybe I just have't notice who exactly kills me faster, because, well, everyone can kill sage fast enough with decent skill. I just don't distinguish them DPSers one from another that much, too many classes are good counters for me. So... I just kite all day.

I was under the assumption that this was for DPS Sages and a DPS Sage won't have any points anywhere close to restoration. If you're a healing Sages trying to 1 v 1 anyone I'd probably say you're playing the game wrong.

I wonder what snare you talk about, I know there is somewhat like 16% chance for Pyro/Assault cells to proc, which, with talent, slows target for 50% for 2 seconds. It can be applied with basic costless shot, but 16% does't seem "constant" to me.

I wonder what snare you talk about, I know there is somewhat like 16% chance for Pyro/Assault cells to proc, which, with talent, slows target for 50% for 2 seconds. It can be applied with basic costless shot, but 16% does't seem "constant" to me.

If traited properly it'll proc every time you use flame burst / ion pulse, so yes it is "constant".

Since I'm a Vanguard, I'll just let you know what I usually do against a sage/sorc, and pull your conclusions from there. :D

Usually, I'll lead off with IR (12s dot that ticks for maybe 4-500 I think), then HiB (crits around 4-5k on sages), and interweave IP (crits for about 2k, auto procs 50% slow and dot that can crits upwards of 1.2k) and SS (melee hit that crits for about 3-3.5k)

Once I catch them with no shield, I'll lead into AP (5s delay grenade that can crit for 4k) and time it with another HiB to usually finish them off. The largest % of our damage comes from our dots in a prolonged fight, so keep that in mind.

Two things I've noticed:

Sages/Sorcs use the AoE knockback on me alot... honestly I feel like this is a waste of a CD. We only have 2 moves that are under 10m range, so I have something to keep pressure up. Many kills come from a HiB following the knockback.

Don't force sprint away unless you have full resolve or LoS too... Harpoon will bring you right back to us.

The most annoying sages for me are the ones who abuse LoS, and rely on their dots to do their job to finish us off. PT and Vanguard have abysmal healing CDs (as in 1 that has a 3m CD... and the healing is bad on it). Abuse this fact for the edge.

Because I get facerolled by them.

If he uses Biochem then run for the hills and come back when it ends...If you can run that is.

Ill give you rule number one:

NEVER let him get within 10m running in, let him blow either his stun or pull...If he gets to you with stun and grapple available just die.

It's fairly easy to beat one, as with marauders you want to be as far away as possible.

A fight would normally go like this:

Sever Force > Weaken Mind > Slow > Force Stun > Force Potency/Power Relic/Power Trinket > Project > Force in Balance > Tk Throw (procs presence of mind) Mind Crush > Sever Force etc......

They may pull you > either knockback if they are already slowed or force lift. As long as you do Force Stun before Force Lift, their resolve bar will not fill.