Too many companions deployed?

Ratatooey

I wonder if anyone else has seen this. I am level 44, and was about to log out. I sent 4 companions on missions, and my fifth companion stayed out with me. I should have only 4 deployable. Is this something new?

If your fifth companion is with you, then he's not out on a crew skills mission, so it's normal and has always been that way.

What you cannot do is have 4 companions out on missions and then send your fifth companion on a mission or have them craft something. That wouldn't work. At least not until you get to level 48.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this. I am level 44, and was about to log out. I sent 4 companions on missions, and my fifth companion stayed out with me. I should have only 4 deployable. Is this something new?

Working as intended. They didn't want people to run into the problem where they have all their comps out on crew skill missions and then not have a comp to help them quest. Obviously when you have just one comp, though, it's possible to send them out so you have to be carefu when you do that. At least the ship droid succeeds once in a while now lol.