Dragon Age 3 Devs moved to SWTOR.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my doubts about this. The BioWare Social Network Dragon Age forums, for the past few months, have been abuzz with community discussions of Dragon Age III. Laidlaw, Epler, Gaider, etc. have all been pretty active discussing Dragon Age III concepts. Unless this is just a couple month stint, I have a hard time believing that there's no development work that can be done for the game right now.

Not particularly impressed by either the Mythic crew or the Dragon Age crew being on this game. Neither crew has been stellar of late. Mythic has already soured SWTOR, and I don't even want to know what they have in mind for the DA crew.

Are you serious? How come instead of using the superb RVR concept in WAR and DOAC, they decided to make such mini-scaled backyard mini games?

Because PVP was added as an afterthought to a PVE-centric game.

Are you serious? How come instead of using the superb RVR concept in WAR and DOAC, they decided to make such mini-scaled backyard mini games?

They didn't think PVP would be a big component of this game, but they stated that SWTOR has (or at least had) a massive amount of PvPers so the decided to switch priorities.

Ranked WZs will be around very soon as said in the Podcast and that should revive the PvPers.

They have sources and that has been up for months, those jerks take down everything I post in like 5 seconds... lol

Just pointing out that citing Wikipedia is a very bad practice, especially considering the word rumor is mentioned multiple times in that article.

Cause Full scale doesn't work.

The teams are always lopsided and the smaller team will bail to a palace where they can be more effetive when given the option. (Warzones)

DaoC worked becasue you had no choice. If there was 300 enemy players and your team had 40 tough luck it was the only way to advance your character so you went out and tried to do your best.

This are great news for TOR , DAO was one of my all time favorite RPG-s ever and even DA2 was good game which could have been better if it was longer in production.

Seems like BW and EA figured that their reputation is here at stake with TOR and that in short time many competitors will come out like GW2 and Myst of Pandaria WoW newest expansions and they are mobilizing their forces to prepare for the incoming war for the customers and to make TOR even better game than it is now with the incoming updates which will prove that BW is still one the best game development studios out there and that we still can expect great things from them in the future.

TOR was to expensive project for them to make to just show the white flag to the competition so easily.

Edited by Lunablade

They didn't think PVP would be a big component of this game, but they stated that SWTOR has (or at least had) a massive amount of PvPers so the decided to switch priorities.

Ranked WZs will be around very soon as said in the Podcast and that should revive the PvPers.

Won't matter. It will still be meaningless. If it doesn't affect the game world then there is no purpose, and no reason to participate. If a PVPer wants to play a lobby game, they'll pick one with good PVP, like an RTS or an FPS.

Edited by Gungan

I am as serious as a heart attack and don't ask me their decisions defy logic.

ranked warzones arent going to revive the pvpers

putting garbage on top of garbage still doesnt solve the problem.eather way,like i put in the thread i posted,this game doesnt need more developers playing my first mmo.this game needs expieranced developers that can actually do stuff to improve the game,not more crap to just make more people bored off there asses 90 percent of there playtime and end up unsubbing when the next mmo comes out

Edited by CrunkShizzle

Won't matter. It will still be meaningless. If it doesn't affect the game world then there is no purpose, and no reason to participate. If a PVPer wants to play a lobby game, they'll pick one with good PVP, like an RTS or an FPS.

Well the massive amount of PvPers that raged when they were pulled last minute would like a word with you, not being argumentative, but yeh.

Cause Full scale doesn't work.

The teams are always lopsided and the smaller team will bail to a palace where they can be more effetive when given the option. (Warzones)

DaoC worked becasue you had no choice. If there was 300 enemy players and your team had 40 tough luck it was the only way to advance your character so you went out and tried to do your best.

If you put meaningful, world affecting PVP into your game with systems in place to stem excessive faction imbalance, it works just fine. Lobby PVP just plain has no purpose.

Well the massive amount of PvPers that raged when they were pulled last minute would like a word with you, not being argumentative, but yeh.

A minority raged. Big surprise. The real PVPers left when BW hit the abort on Ilum - a clear sign of the state of PVP in SWTOR.

TERA and GW2 both have superior PVP right out of the box. Even WoW has better PVP (not that I ever enjoyed it because it was also mostly meaningless). Those players have already moved on to a more competitive game (whatever it might be).

Edited by Gungan

to be honest,im sure all the serious pvpers in this game quit long before rated warzones were even announced

like ive said before,anyone playing this game to just pvp its wasting there time.theres mmos that have been out for years that are leaps and bounds ahead of the trash they call pvp in sw tor

If you put meaningful, world affecting PVP into your game with systems in place to stem excessive faction imbalance, it works just fine. Lobby PVP just plain has no purpose.

There is no such thing as meaningful PvP. No team can ever win, Otherwise the game ends.

In DaoC if you got ALL the relics you had almost 0 relic gaurds. Because your suppose to lose a few. The wheel always needs to keep spinning.

It's like if they made a warzone where one team starts with 50 players and your team start with 30 players. How long would the team that start with 30 playes queue up for that one???? Not very long. They are going to pick the ones where they team sizes are even

The only game that has even come close to dealing with factions is GW2 because they can match servers up every month and pick server that are about equal to fight each other. but they still don't have open world you are dumped into a instanse for it.

Edited by Lt_Latency

A minority raged. Big surprise. The real PVPers left when BW hit the abort on Ilum - a clear sign of the state of PVP in SWTOR.

TERA and GW2 both have superior PVP right out of the box. Even WoW has better PVP (not that I ever enjoyed it because it was also mostly meaningless).

What is a "real" PvPer these days? Also it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this game was PvE centric.

Why do we always get people expecting PvP to be perfect from the get go in a PvE game, it blows my mind.

There is no such thing as meaningful PvP. No team can ever win, Otherwise the game ends.

In DaoC if you got ALL the relics you had almost 0 relic gaurds. Because your suppose to lose a few. The wheel always needs to keep spinning.

It's like if they made a warzone where one team starts with 50 players and your team start with 30 players. How long would the team that start with 30 playes queue up for that one???? Not very long. They are going to pick the ones where they team sizes are even

The only game that has even come close to dealing with factions is GW2 because they can match servers up every month and pick server that are about equal to fight each other. but they still don't have open world you are dumped into a instanse for it.

An instanced continent is still more open world than a warzone. TERA is also implementing server vs server wars on a floating continent between worlds.

You don't need queueing or instancing to have meaningful PVP. You just need to provide faction or guild based rewards for achieving kills or caps or whatever goals that have a server wide implication based on some point system.

You're outnumbered? So what? Run away. It's a valid strategy to run and hide until you get more strength, or they split up or leave one by one, as long as the playing field is big enough to hide in.

Edited by Gungan

What is a "real" PvPer these days? Also it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this game was PvE centric.

Why do we always get people expecting PvP to be perfect from the get go in a PvE game, it blows my mind.

I dunno why people expect that. SWTOR was always a PVE game, then they tried to cater to a wider audience at the expensive of PVE and now more people are pissed off on all fronts.

Pick a freakin' focus, and make it awesome. At least then everyone else knows to avoid your game instead of spending money on watered down content.

Edited by Gungan

... or life as we know it will be over.

In no uncertain terms it will be for those puppies he saw running around today, and by the following Tuesday......look out baby seals.

An instanced continent is still more open world than a warzone. TERA is also implementing server vs server wars on a floating continent between worlds.

You don't need queueing or instancing to have meaningful PVP. You just need to provide faction or guild based rewards for achieving kills or caps or whatever goals that have a server wide implication based on some point system.

You're outnumbered? So what? Run away. It's a valid strategy to run and hide until you get more strength, or they split up as long as the playing field is big enough to hide in.

Because why run away when you can pick a game mode when you can kill and win the game????

Do I want to play the game mode where I run away and scream and hide or the one where I get to stomp faces in. Most people want to stomp faces

I dunno why people expect that. SWTOR was always a PVE game, then they tried to cater to a wider audience at the expensive of PVE and now more people are pissed off on all fronts.

Pick a freakin' focus, and make it awesome. At least then everyone else knows to avoid your game instead of spending money on watered down content.

I think we need a "PVE" and "PVP" indicator printed on the box. I wouldn't have bought SWTOR if they didn't introduce PVP contents in their PV.

Edited by matekwong