Dragon Age 3 Devs moved to SWTOR.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is rumor. The analyst believes they moved developers from DA3 to SWTOR. Please do not present it as fact.

I apologise then, but I prefer to believe the analyst's belief, because in all honesty it is exactly what Austin needs.

And everyone can see that this is not a hard fact, so clearly they just put value in it.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

All patches do that, sometimes to a lesser extent and other times to a further extent, MMO patches especially have always been like this.

Not really. The only issues I can remember with most of WoW;s patches was with player's addons/mods breaking. I for one..never use those and have never had any major issue with any WoW patches after 7 yrs of playing it. I have never, not once had to reset my UI for example and I been playing sence Vanilla.

Well look at it this way, the longer the development time the better the game, DAII suffered because it was rushed, DAIII needs the attention that DA:O got.

I watched a video preview of DA 2 back just shortly before it was released and when the developer said compared to the first DA, it will take the player about half the time to complete it. I knew right there and then DA2 was going to be a loser. You could call it a expansion, but in no way was it a sequel. So I never bought it. And I loved the first DA..had over 90+ hrs in it. Glad I saved my money.

Don't quite know how to feel about this, on the one hand its more resources for SWTOR which should be a good thing, on the other just what are they doing that requires a full or at least most of a second development team I wonder? It can't just be bug fixes. I'd like to assume its something good but you can never quite know with this game.

Not really. The only issues I can remember with most of WoW;s patches was with player's addons/mods breaking. I for one..never use those and have never had any major issue with any WoW patches after 7 yrs of playing it. I have never, not once had to reset my UI for example and I been playing sence Vanilla.

Fair enough, I never got into WoW, it was never my type of MMO, it had nothing to engage me.

And the same successes that created Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Dragon Age: Origins and to a lesser extent Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 (depending on your view) can carry over as well, I am simply stoked at the idea of having David Gaider on board if he has indeed switched over.

And I actually liked Dragon Age II, not as good as Origins, but was still a nice tide over.

Nope, that original dev team is long gone. The last members did the writing for some of the classes in SWTOR and are now gone. I believe Bioware's original founder is still on but that's about it.

Bioware is pretty much gutted.

I apologise then, but I prefer to believe the analyst's belief, because in all honesty it is exactly what Austin needs.

And everyone can see that this is not a hard fact, so clearly they just put value in it.

How's that? You stated it as fact. Unless someone reads the article, it's going to be hard for anyone see that. Granted these analysts will often say they believe something instead of stating it as fact because they don't want to involve their informant(s). But that doesn't make it any more likely to be true.

Edited by JerokTalram

I watched a video preview of DA 2 back just shortly before it was released and when the developer said compared to the first DA, it will take the player about half the time to complete it. I knew right there and then DA2 was going to be a loser. You could call it a expansion, but in no way was it a sequel. So I never bought it. And I loved the first DA..had over 90+ hrs in it. Glad I saved my money.

It was a good game, people were just angry about the lack of content, only being able to be a human and the homophobes were angry about Anders, so it led to negative over-all outlook on the game, but all in all, DA:O was the better game of the two in almost every aspect, the only way in which I think DAII was better was simply the dialogue, was far improved over the first, mainly due to the main character having a Voice.

How's that? You stated it as fact. Unless someone reads the article, it's going to be hard for anyone see that. Granted these analysts will often say they believe something instead of stating it as fact because they don't want to involve their informant(s). But that doesn't make it any more likely to be true.

Well I assume someone would read the whole thing, given my obvious paraphrasing of the article itself.

Nope, that original dev team is long gone. The last members did the writing for some of the classes in SWTOR and are now gone. I believe Bioware's original founder is still on but that's about it.

Well the very original team is gone, but the main players of that team and those gained over the years are still around.

It was a good game, people were just angry about the lack of content, only being able to be a human and the homophobes were angry about Anders, so it led to negative over-all outlook on the game, but all in all, DA:O was the better game of the two in almost every aspect, the only way in which I think DAII was better was simply the dialogue, was far improved over the first, mainly due to the main character having a Voice.

When everything looks the same and for the most part takes place in the same location they should have been able to see it coming.

BS.

The co-founders are Dr. Ray Muzyka and Dr. Greg Zeschuk and are very much still with the company.

James Ohlen was lead designer for KOTOR.

Need I go on.

-Dragon Age series is actually my favorite RPG and my most anticipated upcoming title is obvioously Dragon Age 3.

-I subscribe to SWTOR in the meantime.

So I am torn, they are helping develop the game I currently play and enjoy; and on the other hand are delaying the title I am most looking forward to. Either way I can't lose, but I could be winning if Dragon Age 3 was released sooner then maybe it will be now.

I suspect they are probably working on a new storyline content upgrade.

Has the team ever made a PVP game at all? Thats the key.

BW brought in some experienced MMO developers for SWTOR to begin with. I doubt the DA team members have had a lot of MMO experience.

Edited by JerokTalram