Time to restealth in pvp > 8 secs

randiesel

Now that I've quit and taken to the forums, it actually popped into my mind regarding something I read in a dev post on Darth Hater regarding the time to restealth being a flat 8 seconds after combat ends.

Well that post stated to give specifics if this could be proven inaccurate and, while I don't havea video to show, I'll say this:

2 weeks ago I killed a healer in huttball, from coming out of stealth on my Op to the time I finished him off this was my only target and it was on top of one of the ramps. There was no aoe used and no possibility of anyone else being hit by my attacks. The sorc was healing a jugg defending mid who must've been immortal because he was taking a crapload of damage down below by several ppl on my team. After killing him I moved to behind the closest set of boxes on the top to hide until able to restealth like a little girl and this took at least 30 full seconds. I targeted the jugg down below during this period and I was not able to restealth until he was finished off. There really shouldn't be ANY reason why I was in combat with him if I never attacked him. This isn't pve with a set of linked npcs.

Th wonky thing I can think of is that it's due to the latest changes for healers to now gain medals from healing those who are in combat so the healer gains kill credit. But that should be the extent of it and my in-combat status should sever the moment I kill my FF target in a pvp, one on one match.

Just wanted to make BW aware of it so that it can be fixed in say 6 months or so if the game is still around...

Edited by randiesel
Typed out on iPad, not that bright

Now that I've quit and taken to the forums, it actually popped into my mind regarding something I read in a dev post on Darth Hater regarding the time to restealth being a flat 8 seconds after combat ends.

Well that post stated to give specifics if this could be proven inaccurate and, while I don't havea video to show, I'll say this:

2 weeks ago I killed a healer in huttball, from coming out of stealth on my Op to the time I finished him off this was my only target and it was on top of one of the ramps. There was no aoe used and no possibility of anyone else being hit by my attacks. The sorc was healing a jugg defending mid who must've been immortal because he was taking a crapload of damage down below by several ppl on my team. After killing him I moved to behind the closest set of boxes on the top to hide until able to restealth like a little girl and this took at least 30 full seconds. I targeted the jugg down below during this period and I was not able to restealth until he was finished off. There really shouldn't be ANY reason why I was in combat with him if I never attacked him. This isn't pve with a set of linked npcs.

Th wonky thing I can think of is that it's due to the latest changes for healers to now gain medals from healing those who are in combat so the healer gains kill credit. But that should be the extent of it and my in-combat status should sever the moment I kill my FF target in a pvp, one on one match.

Just wanted to make BW aware of it so that it can be fixed in say 6 months or so if the game is still around...

We all experience this. It is almost as though we have to wait for everyone who our target was healing to die. I know as a healer I won't go out of combat until 8 seconds after my hots have finished ticking no matter how far that player is from me.

I get this all the time on my Scoundrel, stuck in combat when I've been hiding somewhere for 20 seconds plus (if I don't hide, I have an army of Marauders on me). This will probably get fixed, after Bioware have finished adding more Legacy stuff! Cos yeah we all want that!

I get this all the time on my Scoundrel, stuck in combat when I've been hiding somewhere for 20 seconds plus (if I don't hide, I have an army of Marauders on me). This will probably get fixed, after Bioware have finished adding more Legacy stuff! Cos yeah we all want that!

ZOMG Legacy? WHERE?!?!!?

Haha, I laughed out loud on that one. It absolutely blows mind what they choose to focus on instead of real issues. At least when I played Wow I got the impression that the devs actually played the game and were aware of its shortcomings. This game it's like a bunch of ppl with MBAs sitting around a room, who probably at best have children that play games, come up with what needs to be put into the next content patch. Legacy is top priority!