Dead Server Community

captindoom

Lets start talking guys:

I have seen the following:

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

OK all those on dead server there is not a chance in hell that we will get free transfers to the 3 most busiest servers. I am looking to see if we can all start taking together so that we can can turn one dead server into the most busiest. This means that we all decide which dead server we will use our free transfer for. Those already on that server do not use your free transfer. Lets create our own mega server merge. For example:

We could arrange all those on dead servers to move their characters to Trayus Academy for example. Lets create a new Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Dead Servers UNITED.

Lets build on this conversation...... FREE TRANSFERS CAN = A SERVER MERGE IF WE ALL COME TOGETHER........

They will be coming. Soon.

And then soon.

Then sooner.

Then more soon.

Then some soon.

Then ultramegazord soon.

THEN FINALLY....delayed. 'Sorry, they're just not ready! They'll be ready soon!'

5char

I suggest making Shadowtown the server for all other servers to use free transfer to,

Shadowtown runs its own Forums so they are not moderated by the bioware nazi forum staff.

Shadowtown Also has their own Server Radio station which does its own Server wide podcasts about guilds etc on the server even though its down atm because lack of players to talk about etc.

The Community obviously is good on shadowtown for them to set these up and maintain them. The Radio station Ran contests gave out time cards, millions of credits etc. Also plays randomized Guild recruitment messages over the air.

So, unless you go exactly where they want you to go, you have to pay more money for a game that is already a bad game. Somehow, I think I'll continue with plan A and just move on to a different game entirely.

And then, you will commence whining about that game, while lauding the next Incredible Game, that is due out in the distant future. In the meantime, inexplicably, you'll hover on the old forums whining about how much you hate the current game.

There's nothing that could keep me whining on a forum for a game in which I had no interest.

By the time these mysterious transfer's come around, GW2 would have launched and nobody, nobody will be playing this turd. Good luck though!

I will be playing SWTOR. Your statement is erroneous at best.

By the time these mysterious transfer's come around, GW2 would have launched and nobody, nobody will be playing this turd. Good luck though!

I guess I'm a nobody because I'll be playing the game long you have left. I played GW 1 and found it lacking, I don't plan on playing the second rendition of the game. Have fun, so long and fair well.

I would assume the free transfers will be limited to a small(ish) number of servers to avoid a shuffling of people from one dead server to another. But if its possible, I definitely vote

SHADOWTOWN

*BUMP*

Shadowtown sounds good to me how many Imps Vs Reps players do we have do need to create a server imbalance in the factions.

My Main is Imp but i have a couple of Rep Toons im flirting with at the moment none of them above 30 mind you. Plus If we all move to Shadowtown Im going to need a new guild mine fell apart

see the problem is, everyone here will just suggest their own server. there's a reason why we who have not abandoned our servers still play there.

that being said I'm definitely in favour of this idea, as it somewhat ensures that the server we move to actually stays active.

it would be easier to plan though if we knew exactly which servers one will be allowed to more to and from.

I'm still surprised this was not made official in the English forums at all, but a German 'yellow font' said that people from empty servers will be allowed to move to 'more populated' servers (but not the most populated ones)

what exactly is a 'more populated' one? a server such as the Twin Spears (East Coast PVP, btw) where the average population the last couple of days was 25 people on the fleet - or will this already be a low population server where we are allowed to move from but nobody will move to?

or are the low population servers only server where the server-wide population will be 10-30? (twin spears is thankfully not that bad, we still get warzone pops during peak hours ;D)

Lets start talking guys:

OK all those on dead server there is not a chance in hell that we will get free transfers to the 3 most busiest servers. I am looking to see if we can all start taking together so that we can can turn one dead server into the most busiest. This means that we all decide which dead server we will use our free transfer for. Those already on that server do not use your free transfer. Lets create our own mega server merge. For example:

We could arrange all those on dead servers to move their characters to Trayus Academy for example. Lets create a new Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Dead Servers UNITED.

Lets build on this conversation...... FREE TRANSFERS CAN = A SERVER MERGE IF WE ALL COME TOGETHER........

While this is a great concept to get the community together, there is no way to know which servers will be the targets to move from or to, so the whole point is moot until we have some sort of list from Bioware.

Making plans as a commuity to transfer to and from servers that might not even be targeted will only futher alienate players in the long run at this point.

Again, I applaud your concept. Give us a list Bioware and at least people can start planning for whenever this "early summer" event happens.

Good idea, but most likely what happened to ranked warzones will happen to server transfers. They'll hype it up until the moment it is supposed to come out then subtly they'll say they couldnt include it in the update and will be coming soon. A reroll on the Fatman or Swiftsure server seems like the only ideal move at this point unfortunately. Edited by ReckonerH

Tomb of Freedon Nadd is the server where all dead communities go to, keep moving to it. No sense in changing to another server.

no way. I dont wanna reroll by 3x50 in rackata/BM/WH. Better cancel sub.

no way. I dont wanna reroll by 3x50 in rackata/BM/WH. Better cancel sub.

this isn't about rerolling. it's about the server transfers. (you know, you will keep your char(s))

I still think we should keep talking about this, even if just for 'spreading the news' that people are planning something.

I just really hope that bioware won't say stuff like 'people from server a-d all move to server e, people from server f-h all move to i....' (though I guess that would be smart on their part since it ensures a few server become more populated, instead of just one... then again most people never check out the forums and will more than likely not even know if we plan this ;D

• 2 weeks later...

From what i can gather its only going to be a small amount of servers period,That will be able to transfer either off of or to.

What do you want to bet they will open transfers to around 10 servers so they cant be ripped for saying free. But the majority us will have to pay to move.