Bio nerfed tracer lock during the last down time.

ScrollTroll

This is misinformation... It takes 5 tracers in order to get 5 stacks of target lock, it was never 3, the only thing that reaches 5 in 3 tracers are heat debuff.

UM...we aren't talking about Target Lock. That affects Rail Shot. We're talking Heat Sig's, TM, and HSM....where did you think we were talking about Target Lock????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have better things to do like buffing marauders so they can ignore all my armor and expertise in pvp in order to kill me in 3 to 5 hits. Nothing quite as satisfying as watching a marauder in recruit gear kill me in 5 hits while I blow all my survivability CDs and only knock off an awesome 20% of his hps. war hero/bm gear and my 1284 expertise all worthless...oh well I cancelled my account bioware has until the time left on it wears off to fix arsenal or I'll just go play transformers or hello kitty island adventure.

LOL, why do ranged dps think they can stand there and go toe to toe with a melee? MOVE or KITE maybe? As arsenal you should have rocket punch as a knockback on a SHORT CD. If you are already moving and not standing still then you will knock the person out of melee range. Save your jet boost for the charge and unless a mara pops his speed boost they will never catch up to you. Try standing with another merc, sniper, or any class that has a knockback and destroy the poor mara.

Why are you trying to dps a mara when they have up their defensive CDs? One only lasts 5 seconds, cloak of pain is only 6 sec if you do not hit them, the 50% def one is the only one you really have to deal with. You could CC them, or stun them and let the CDs wear off, but you just want to dps them down derp, derp, while standing next to them...

Mercs lack burst? There is an ability that lets you cast ANY spell instantly? You mean tracer, (instant) tracer, heatseeker, railshot does nothing? Fussion missle can be used too or the instant cast could be used for a heal or CC. Power Shot can be used if TM gets interupted and is locked out too. So much easier to just QQ, complain, and quit.

Back in wow on my hunter if I stood still I DIED. I played my hunter mainly back in TBC when all spells and shots had to be cast inbetween the autoshots. Steady shot could not be cast while moving and the autoshot did not fire either, you had to be standing still to do FULL dps. I was mostly moving in PvP unitl I had a chance to post up and do some damage which was not easy when everyone was polehumping. The damage was much higher back then too, most people would QQ and cry just like you are now if they changed it back (I wonder why so many loved TBC era of wow).

Maras are the counter to mercs get over it, want to kill a mara roll a tanksin or a couple of other classes. Try to kill a frost mage with a warrior, or how about some of those blood dks that take minutes to kill by kitting and dots...balanced. Short time to kills are good for world PvP since number mismatches happen ALL the time. I wonder why people love to roll on the more populated side...

I have both a 50 mara and a 50 merc just in case any are wondering. Helps to know your enemy and the abilites that they have, makes them easier to kill.

Edited by Butterstoo

LOL, why do ranged dps think they can stand there and go toe to toe with a melee? MOVE or KITE maybe? As arsenal you should have rocket punch as a knockback on a SHORT CD. If you are already moving and not standing still then you will knock the person out of melee range. Save your jet boost for the charge and unless a mara pops his speed boost they will never catch up to you. Try standing with another merc, sniper, or any class that has a knockback and destroy the poor mara.

LOL. Kiting. Lets see here. We have Electrodart and Jet Blast. Both of which are EASILY negated by any melee with half a brain. If they stay close and you use both relatively close together, then you have a melee with a full resolve bar to deal with. Also, while that Rocket Punch knockback is nice, it doesn't really knock melee back far enough and if they have a full resolve bar...well.... It is great in Huttball, I'll give you that.

Why are you trying to dps a mara when they have up their defensive CDs? One only lasts 5 seconds, cloak of pain is only 6 sec if you do not hit them, the 50% def one is the only one you really have to deal with. You could CC them, or stun them and let the CDs wear off, but you just want to dps them down derp, derp, while standing next to them....

Again, goes back to kiting. Arsenal Merc's don't really have much in their favor to kite with. Kinda hard to save a stun for certain Maurader CD's when all you have is 1 stun.

Mercs lack burst? There is an ability that lets you cast ANY spell instantly? You mean tracer, (instant) tracer, heatseeker, railshot does nothing? Fussion missle can be used too or the instant cast could be used for a heal or CC. Power Shot can be used if TM gets interupted and is locked out too. So much easier to just QQ, complain, and quit.

If HSM actually hit worth a damn now, it would be great. They used to hit rather hard still with 4 heat sigs on a target, but since the "fix", well, the damage has been subpar at best. Also, a Rail Shot with only 2 tracer locks isn't the hardest hitting ability either. Goes back to the damage nerfs and no increase in survivability talents.

Back in wow on my hunter if I stood still I DIED. I played my hunter mainly back in TBC when all spells and shots had to be cast inbetween the autoshots. Steady shot could not be cast while moving and the autoshot did not fire either, you had to be standing still to do FULL dps. I was mostly moving in PvP unitl I had a chance to post up and do some damage which was not easy when everyone was polehumping. The damage was much higher back then too, most people would QQ and cry just like you are now if they changed it back (I wonder why so many loved TBC era of wow).....

Funny, I played a hunter in WoW as well and I remember that my hunter actually had ways to kite melee. We had slows, roots, snares, a variety of instants, better resource system, etc. Comparing your hunter to a BH in terms of kiting is extremely laughable. We don't have anywhere near the tools at hand in this game, at least on the Merc.

Maras are the counter to mercs get over it, want to kill a mara roll a tanksin or a couple of other classes. Try to kill a frost mage with a warrior, or how about some of those blood dks that take minutes to kill by kitting and dots...balanced. Short time to kills are good for world PvP since number mismatches happen ALL the time. I wonder why people love to roll on the more populated side...

Again, I can make SWOTR and WoW comparisons all day. Not going to help. Arsenal Mercs have nothing really going for them in PvP atm. If damage stays the same then we need an increase in defensive CD's and/or and increase in slows/snares that we can use to maintain our distance. Decreasing our damage while increasing our Jet Blast CD and reducing our Power Shield did absolutely nothing to help us in PvP.

I have both a 50 mara and a 50 merc just in case any are wondering. Helps to know your enemy and the abilites that they have, makes them easier to kill.

I also have a 50 Merc and a 50 Assassin. On my Assassin I can negate every CD (all 2 of them) that a merc has and you can believe that I go for a Merc/Commando EVERY time I see them just because they're either one of 2 things...1. An easy kill. 2. I can completely lock them down and take them out of the fight...ie healers.

Edited by Swaggz

Please... tell me you're kidding. Mercs are seriously OP in PvP, just check out my server.

All I can tell you is l2p.

I'm guaranteeing you're seeing powertechs and not mercs. Mercs fall over when the wind blows.

UM...we aren't talking about Target Lock. That affects Rail Shot. We're talking Heat Sig's, TM, and HSM....where did you think we were talking about Target Lock????

Maybe read the thread title of the thread you're posting in? :confused: clearly says tracer lock. The op is a troll or clueless though.

heh glad to see someone else responded to the derp who quoted me and went on his rant. And yes ranter I use my instants, I use my knockbacks, guess what they close on you fast and yes 2 tm hsm and a rail shot does squat...and kiting? are you joking? my rocketpunch doesnt give me enough space to get anything off before they are on me and even when Im moving after a rocketpunch they are able to hit me because apparently lightsabers have a 4m (12 ft) range. Its a joke right now trying to kill a marauder or sentinel 1 v 1 as an arsenal merc. And yes Ive had to resort to standing near others and even then Im still getting melted. Marauders are OP as hell since 1.2.