Bio nerfed tracer lock during the last down time.

ScrollTroll

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the patch it took three shots of tracer missles now it takes five to get 5 stacks on tracer lock. Practice on a ship dummy. What is the biobug excuse this time?

Are you f'ing kidding me? Please tell me you're kidding me...

Huh? It has always taken 5 TM to stack 5 Target Locks. Are you talking about Heat Signatures? Only if you have put a point in Light 'em Up in the arsenal skill tree, do you get the extra Heat Signature per TM.

I haven't been on since the last patch so don't know if you are just confusing the names or if there is something legitimately wrong.

I think there might be some confusion here between two different abilities/skills, so let me attempt to clarify, and if you still believe it's not working this way, I'll have someone from the Combat team take a look.

• The Tracer Missile ability stacks a debuff on your target. Without the skill "Light 'Em Up", it takes 5 shots to build the stack to 5. With the skill, it takes 3 shots (as each shot now grants 2 stacks). I just logged in to check, and it still does work this way.

• The skill "Tracer Lock" grants a buff on yourself, increasing the damage your next Rail Shot will do. This is not affected by "Light 'Em Up," and I don't believe it ever has been.

Can you please look at both your buff and your target's debuff and confirm this is working the way it should be? The debuff should stack twice as fast as the buff, neither of which have been changed. If you guys have more questions, let me know and I'll get someone to take a look.

Thanks!

I think there might be some confusion here between two different abilities/skills, so let me attempt to clarify, and if you still believe it's not working this way, I'll have someone from the Combat team take a look.

• The Tracer Missile ability stacks a debuff on your target. Without the skill "Light 'Em Up", it takes 5 shots to build the stack to 5. With the skill, it takes 3 shots (as each shot now grants 2 stacks). I just logged in to check, and it still does work this way.

• The skill "Tracer Lock" grants a buff on yourself, increasing the damage your next Rail Shot will do. This is not affected by "Light 'Em Up," and I don't believe it ever has been.

Can you please look at both your buff and your target's debuff and confirm this is working the way it should be? The debuff should stack twice as fast as the buff, neither of which have been changed. If you guys have more questions, let me know and I'll get someone to take a look.

Thanks!

if BH didnt got any nerfs can you explain me why they are the first class in game wich dies on max 10sec under the atack of 1 single melee? most of other range classes survive even more then 1 min...not going to talk about melee wich need to be taken down by 2-3 or more ppl and still they are not going down easy... anyway hope you will ever play a BH and not talking about pyrotechs wich are preety imba but about mercenary wich are made atm from paper and have become the most ridiculous class ever...( intrerupt 1 single tm and you screwed up that bh also most of classes hit per 2-.5k each time but mercenary hit for 1-1,3k with TM so is preety imba that 1 too...) anyway enjoy your game (with patches breaking things more then fixing it ...ps: i still wait my matrix cubes,,)

Edited by Terrorgirl

Thanks!

While Light 'Em Up has never effected Tracer Lock, with the changes that went in during 1.2 (having us fire off a barrage unload basically every 5 seconds and lowering the damage of tracer) it should...getting 5 stacks of Tracer Lock is impossible before the skill is ready to fire again...at most we get 3 and the skill may as well be on a 25s cool down.

they destroyed the mercenary and now they are even trying to find excuses about how our skills work... there is not even 1 other class wich is doing so less damage/healing and die faster then us or like us... and they expect to increase the nr of ppl with this kind of unbalanced game... but this will never happen... and no i do not ask any nerfs for other classes i do ask to get mercenary in line with others... if you cant do it then do not count on ppl wich have played from start and do not want to change to other classes to stay on this game ....

While Light 'Em Up has never effected Tracer Lock, with the changes that went in during 1.2 (having us fire off a barrage unload basically every 5 seconds and lowering the damage of tracer) it should...getting 5 stacks of Tracer Lock is impossible before the skill is ready to fire again...at most we get 3 and the skill may as well be on a 25s cool down.

Yeah this is something that hasd always bothered me about that mechanic, theres no way that waiting for 5 stacks is better dps than firing on cd, and now with even less tracers being used you get even fewer stacks before the cd is up, so what is the point of having it affected up to 5 stacks? needs to be rethought.

Hell I'm glad that they are at least looking at the Mercs. I love community fedback from development, atleast they know its on the radar in some form or fashion. They will get Mercenaries/Commandos fixed and I'll be back paying my $15 a month one day. They have to know something is up or off with the class, which is a good thing. Every class wants to have an edge, but it's obvious from the entire community that these 2 classes have something off at the moment compared to the others classes. The bug fix in 1.2c altering DPS/Burst game mechanics is a game breaking problem for these 2 ACS in PVP. David is one of the most likable guys at TOR, but damn he needs to get his opeative to 50. I'm suprised that he is posting here, because he said the BH was his least favorite class in the Podcast with TGN. lol . At least he seems to give a damn.

I think the real issue here is everyone knows that something is up with the BH burst. Its obvious that more changed than just the Heatseaker ability being destroyed. What I'm wondering is at Pax all classes were have said to have been pretty well balanced for 1.2 and I was in agreement as a merc. After the 1.2c patch it has seemed to fall off of a cliff. Did they balance the BH DPS in 1.2 with the bug, then by by fixing the bug throwing off it's DPS burst potential? All I know is that my Heatseaker missle hits for less than it did pre 1.2. I also think that TM hits much less than the 10% nerf that it was supposed to take. Was the heat signature issue there since game launch? If so when it was corrected was the burst DPS of the class ever looked at?

Thanks for looking into this for us Commandos/Mercs. Any help to track down the problem is appreciated.

Heck even if Heatseaker was improved another 10% from where it is now I still wouldn't be able to break the 5k mark on a hit. Even with 1300 expertise.

Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

Hello,

I have played arsenal since launch and would like to give you my outlook on the current problems i see with our class.

1: tracer damage reduction in 1.2 was not 10%aware more like 25%, please fix this.

2: our nerfs in 1.2 to our shields and knockbacks have crippled us on pvp badly, i simply cannot last more than a few seconds against most other classes and i have heavy armor, make our armor mitigate attack damage better or give us an interupt please.

3: our armor debuff is not working properly heat seeker missle does not take advantage of it either. Fix our armor debuff and attach it to another ability with tracer to encourage a more diverse rotation.

4: please understand small incremental changes are needed to balance classes you took a sledgehammer to mercs in one patch 1.2 and then nerfed us again, this does not encourage retention of subscriptions and shows a severe lack of understanding on how to "balance" classes. I wont even start with what you have let go on for a month now with Marauders and powertechs.....

. there is not even 1 other class wich is doing so less damage/healing and die faster then us or like us...

Source?

No source? You just "feel" that to be true the way as some Juggernaughts, Asassins, Operatives, Powertechs, Sorcs, Marauders and Snipers, feel?

Hmmm......

they destroyed the mercenary and now they are even trying to find excuses about how our skills work... there is not even 1 other class wich is doing so less damage/healing and die faster then us or like us... and they expect to increase the nr of ppl with this kind of unbalanced game... but this will never happen... and no i do not ask any nerfs for other classes i do ask to get mercenary in line with others... if you cant do it then do not count on ppl wich have played from start and do not want to change to other classes to stay on this game ....

I honestly feel your rage. I have played a Merc since day one. This class isn't even close to balanced after 1.2c. The 1.2 patch moved things around and I actually loved the class even more so after 1.2. Then the so called fix in 1.2c is just stupid. I understand that some said they were receiving huge crits in raids etc. I never saw this in PVP.

THey really need to find out whats up with TM damage and ESPECIALLY the very low Heatseaker damage.

All they need to do is say we are happy with the Mercenary/arsenal class and its working the way we want it to, so those left on the fence will know whether to reroll or drop the game for Tera/GW2/D3.

I hope David will try to get on them to address this ASAP. What ever the problem may be. After that they need to have somewhat of a concrete statement to say this is how the new Merc is going to be.

Source?

No source? You just "feel" that to be true the way as some Juggernaughts, Asassins, Operatives, Powertechs, Sorcs, Marauders and Snipers, feel?

Hmmm......

The fact you mention the 3 most powerful classes in the game to compare to our survivability tells me you should be posting in the new player help section.

The fact you mention the 3 most powerful classes in the game to compare to our survivability tells me you should be posting in the new player help section.

Survivability is an issue with all classes with TTK at the moment. We need to keep this thread on track and hope they do some serious investigating on these 2 ACS and specifically their 2 main hitting abilities.

Please... tell me you're kidding. Mercs are seriously OP in PvP, just check out my server.

All I can tell you is l2p.

Source?

Hmmm......

i do not need sources i can see that in wzs... even 1 recruiter juggernaut/marauder can bring down a full bm with some wh items mercenary ..does that look normaly to you??'and is not about how you play... as mercenary you do not have to many options... 1 punch and 1 pushback.. our blue silly shield is broken...and if you try to heal yourself once you get intrerupted...and also our armor it feels like is not even there... but before asking me again about source go reroll a bh mercenary level up to 50 gear it full pvp and you will see all the things you need to see...

Edited by Terrorgirl

You weren't quoting me, but I probably did learn to play in my first 80 valors of PVP. There is something going on with these 2 abilities that needs to be inspected. Let them do the checking and see whats up they will be able to determine OP or not OP. They just need to make a descent effort to see whats going on. They have the numbers.

Is the combat developer going to say working as intended to get this off of his desk or are they going to really look into the class? That's what I'm wondering?

Please... tell me you're kidding. Mercs are seriously OP in PvP, just check out my server.

All I can tell you is l2p.

check out your server?for what? lol second mercenary are ops? to what? dying faster then light speed? ps: do not confuse mercenary with pyrotech wich are most of them tanks...

Thanks!

That's how it's always worked & still does so.

What "skill" are you talking about, I am so confused by what you are trying to say here.

and yea i need to l2p also... my 90 valor rank gained in wzs only (no ilum) are not enough to know my class..every single troll come here because they want mercenary to be easy target/kill for them...

Rage is strong with you. I like it. Honestly I feel your pain. I'm hoping they fix this, because my account, which is canceled runs out in a few days and I would like to check the Merc out once fixed and see if it's still worth playing. I have no doubt that the class will be fixed or bufed in the future, but I'm not that patient. I have been playing Tera and having a good time, so hopefully they put this on their radar and get it handled ASAP. I dont want to pay for multiple games at the same time, especially when this class is no longer able to kill a bunny rabbit.

I don't t want any class to be an over powered class. Everyone pays their $15 a month and we all like challenges from playing against balanced classes, but shees arsenal mercs/commandos are just doo doo.