Most Boring OP AC : Pyro PT

gundamemo

It does about 10% less damage

nope

you take about 80% less damage

bwahaha jamaican me laugh

I dunno

Sure don't.

But hey you're a nice guy, its not like you flame people and tell them they're "doing it wrong" when they're actually doing it right, or make sweeping statements discounting the viability of our most popular PvP spec while simultaneously fudging the numbers in your chosen spec and then non-nonchalantly shrug it off when someone calls you out.

Oh wait you did ALL of those things while maintaining a napoleon dynamitesque level of dorky smugness and obliviousness.

Edited by MinguesDew

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope

bwahaha jamaican me laugh

Sure don't.

But hey you're a nice guy, its not like you flame people and tell them they're "doing it wrong" when they're actually doing it right, or make sweeping statements discounting the viability of our most popular PvP spec while simultaneously fudging the numbers in your chosen spec and then non-nonchalantly shrug it off when someone calls you out.

Oh wait you did ALL of those things while maintaining a napoleon dynamitesque level of dorky smugness and obliviousness.

Instead of attacking me personally, why don't you contribute to the conversation and offer some useful criticism in terms of game mechanics?

I actually believe in all the advice I have given and have tried to give evidence to back it up. I mean you can sit around and complain that XYZ class is over powered and wait for a nerf to swing in. OR you can try to suck it up, and figure out how to win or improve your play.

All I am trying to do is impart knowledge on how to defeat vanguards who spec Assault (which i think isn't a seriously competitive spec in high end pvp) and offer my opinions about some of the limitations of the spec.

Unfortunately high end ranked warzone is not in game yet and if it is, pyro would still be a very competitive spec.

2x Pyro = mobile burst x 2 + grapple to pull tank/healer guard combo away to blow them up?

Call out target in mumble, layer dots, 2x RS and pull away from tank or healer and blow them up?

This is from 30 meters?

2x sentinel can be peeled easily with aoe punt, aoe taunt, push back, debuff or switch target and burst down within a stun.

Unfortunately high end ranked warzone is not in game yet and if it is, pyro would still be a very competitive spec.

2x Pyro = mobile burst x 2 + grapple to pull tank/healer guard combo away to blow them up?

Call out target in mumble, layer dots, 2x RS and pull away from tank or healer and blow them up?

This is from 30 meters?

2x sentinel can be peeled easily with aoe punt, aoe taunt, push back, debuff or switch target and burst down within a stun.

In my premade, if I call out a pyro for a focus target they are usually dead in < 2 GCDs.

Instead of attacking me personally, why don't you contribute to the conversation and offer some useful criticism in terms of game mechanics?

Didn't I? It was in one of those posts you expertly dodged. Full of actual advice people can use, rather than some stupid chart with made up numbers from a spec you don't even play or understand.

Kind of shocked you're so thin skinned given your affinity for telling people they are "doing it wrong."

I actually believe in all the advice I have given and have tried to give evidence to back it up. I mean you can sit around and complain that XYZ class is over powered and wait for a nerf to swing in. OR you can try to suck it up, and figure out how to win or improve your play.

I'm not sure when I complained about anything... except your rampant douchebaggery and misinformation. Also, random percentages you pulled out of your *** is not evidence and being dumb enough to believe the garbage you spew may be admirable to some but not me.

All I am trying to do is impart knowledge on how to defeat vanguards who spec Assault (which i think isn't a seriously competitive spec in high end pvp) and offer my opinions about some of the limitations of the spec.

No you were trying to tell people how to (incorrectly) play a spec you don't play, or apparently know how to play whilst simultaneously talking down to them (irony).

If people spent half as much time learning east from west and actually calling out for help when they needed it rather than thinking "duh I need to get in melee (even if I'll die in 5 secs) so I can do 100% of my damage potential!" we might actually have PvPers rather than just farmers in premades, and lemmings in pugs. Congrats, by BSing people with your absolutist oversimplified garbage you're now part of the problem!

So all their abilities work from 30yards but their main damage has 10 yards? I'd be interested how I stockstrike from 30 yards. Or IonPulse for that matter. Are you sure you played a Pyro(Assault)? Btw Assault is the equivalent to Pyro on rep side.

I didn't bother reading any further as those two points already show that you 're grasp of Pyros is lacking a bit.

Pretty much this exactly.

Only I stopped reading when I saw that b) was so spectacularly wrong.

If you can't get to your SECOND point w/out being wrong about what you're saying, just please never post a topic again.

I don't think Pyro PT is OP, but I'll agree that it is definitely boring as heck, lol.

Edited by Varicite

That's great, because you fight alot of premade vs premade now right?

Or are you just farming pug?

Without the right context, its comparing apple with oranges.

My whole point is that Pyro can set up their dmg combo from afar, where as most of the melee class can not (have to commit to a charge and place themselves in danger.

My whole point is that Pyro can set up their dmg combo from afar, where as most of the melee class can not (have to commit to a charge and place themselves in danger.

Every melee class comes with a handy button to press when they want to exit danger, disappear, leap to a friendly, speed away. Pyro's version of this button... wait they can't exit danger.

I think my biggest problem with Powertechs and Vanguards is Rail shot being 30M

Consider this if you claim I'm QQing.

Sage can cast TKT and Project from 30M.

Shadow can cast them from 10M or use Force Potency to get TKT to 30M.

Commando can cast HiB from 30M

Vanguard can cast HiB freely from 30M including buffing it to obscene proportions on supposed Tank/MDPS 10M range class.

Also I don't know a lot about the Powertech or Vanguard but if Pyro or Assault is supposed to be the DoT Spec?!?!?!

What DoTs does this class have lol? Seems the build is centered around 30M ranged Rail Shot.

Yet they also have a Pull AND Storm?

I personally feel if any class needed a slight tone down with the new Expertise system it's this one.

Spec has one dot (costs 25 heat, which is a lot) and 100% chance to proc the cylinder from a 10m ability. That plus RS resets the cylinder dot. RS requires dot or incapacitate first.

Pyro does not have Storm/Jet Charge. That's 21 points into the tank tree. The pull is on a 45 seconds CD (2nd tier in middle tree to lower by 10 seconds).

I say: "The pyro has no mechanic to get out of danger once in danger."

Your rebuttal: "Walk away."

Impressive.

It's a pretty viable way to get out of danger!

LoS is like, the best defense ever, but you being a Pyrotech Player probably just stand there like: "BAEM BAEM, S KEY!"

Edited by DweezillKagemand

LoS is like, the best defense ever, but you being a Pyrotech player probably just stand there BAEM BAEM, S KEY!

Than LOS the Pyros who are killing you with their amazing 30m burst?

I say: "The pyro has no mechanic to get out of danger once in danger."

Your rebuttal: "Walk away."

Impressive.

Its called pre-kiting or positioning and use environment to line of sight enemy.

Against melee enemy, you can fire them up from afar and pull or walk towards them for more dmg

Against range, you can pull or line of sight them.

ALL other range class need to channel/cast their big hit abilities which means they are standing still while you WALK behind something.

LoS is like, the best defense ever, but you being a Pyrotech player probably just stand there BAEM BAEM, S KEY!

You're right, only ranged classes ever target Pyro PT players.

No melee class has a snare that is the same strength as Pyro PT w/ higher uptime, either. Every melee class can be easily kited and has no gap closers. It's also a well-known fact that Pyro PT, even w/out the aid of stealth, can manage to get the jump on every opponent 100% of the time, bringing ranged abilities to bear while no one can possibly hit them back.

Seriously, why does nobody bother to even ATTEMPT to learn to play this game before spouting nonsense like this?

Edited by Varicite

You're right, only ranged classes ever target Pyro PT players.

No melee class has a snare that is the same strength as Pyro PT w/ higher uptime, either. Every melee class can be easily kited and has no gap closers.

Seriously, why does nobody bother to even ATTEMPT to learn to play this game before spouting nonsense like this?

They can't leap at you if you're behind a pillar.

You should probably bother to learn the game.

They can't leap at you if you're behind a pillar.

You should probably bother to learn the game.

I'm pretty sure they don't need to leap at you if they are in melee range.

I know you wouldn't be erroneously assuming that Pyro PT can start every single fight at range, right?

Edited by Varicite

I know you wouldn't be erroneously assuming that Pyro PT can start every single fight at range, right?

Also, it's a viable DPS Strategy to NEVER attack an opponent and instead hide behind a pillar the entire time. Clearly helps your team.

Way to completely miss the point of my post.

Also, it's a viable DPS Strategy to NEVER attack an opponent and instead hide behind a pillar the entire time. Clearly helps your team.

Attacking is overrated.

No but legitly, he was complaining as to PT having no defensive CDs to use when getting focus'd, I suggest instead of standing there and dying. Move behind a pillar, it's easier to heal you when you aren't taking focused damage.

Eh these guys don't make sense. You try to help them and they just don't want to be helped.

It's like my cousin who complains he can't find a job, even though he never goes out and looks for them. When I give him references of people who I know are hiring, he ignores it and just blames the government. I guess he expects something to just show up in the mail...

Eh these guys don't make sense. You try to help them and they just don't want to be helped.

It's like my cousin who complains he can't find a job, even though he never goes out and looks for them. When I give him references of people who I know are hiring, he ignores it and just blames the government. I guess he expects something to just show up in the mail...

That's a really cool story you have there, bro.