Why is there no "Recruit" set for PvE?

Heezdedjim

As I said, it's a ridiculous idea. Why would you *PUNISH* players who actually enjoy the full game instead of one subsection of it? Expertise already DOES take off stats that you could have had for use in PVE from the allocation totals on the itemization, regardless.... notice how armorings are short 20+ of two stats compared to the PVE ones? Yeah.

If you play the full game you'd have PVE gear would you not? While you sort of reward those that just PVP and run right to OPS. I'm fine with it is now but I don't think it's unfair to reverse expertise bonus's inside OPS & HMs to limit the use of a Full Battle Master set which is essentially just as good as Rakata...

Like I said if you just PVE and come into PVP arena's with Rakata you'll get put down pretty hard against full BM... not the case with BM gear in OPS at all. So in a way right now it's certainly slanted to PVPers in a "full game" perspective. The added Rakata stats over BM are hardly noticable until you get a full set which again can take a month of raiding opposed to a week of PVPing.

Close enough. You can solo them.

Recruit gear you can get in 10 seconds (assuming you have the money you just walk up and buy it).

Doing the dailies and getting all appropriate mods will take weeks, if not months, unless you play every day and do all of the dailies (Belsavis, Ilum, & Corellia). It's not a fair comparison.

This is also something I never thought of and would like to see it put it. Hopefully the Trooper armour is purple because I really want purple armour.

Fresh 50s need PvE gear as well. The PvP gear is better than nothing, which is what we had before; but why is there not a 300K credits set that has stats we can use, rather than wasted points in a trash stat that has no use outside PvP?

You never though to ask any of the armor crafters on your server if they could provide the gear you're looking for?

You never though to ask any of the armor crafters on your server if they could provide the gear you're looking for?

Lol you must be on a populated server. 1 of 3 of them...

We'll have 30 in fleet tonight at 9pm I'm sure they'll line up to craft :/ Not too mention they tend to want a good amount of cash for Crit's on the stuff that will compare to Recruit Gear.

Lol you must be on a populated server. 1 of 3 of them...

We'll have 30 in fleet tonight at 9pm I'm sure they'll line up to craft :/ Not too mention they tend to want a good amount of cash for Crit's on the stuff that will compare to Recruit Gear.

I feel like those 30 people should be ever the more social in order to make things work out. Pay it forward/scratch my back I'll scratch yours and all that.

Crafted gear still isn't the same as Recruit gear. It's still not comparable. Recruit gear is in infinite supply while crafted gear takes time, cooperation, the ability to craft (the schematics), and materials.

Recruit gear you can get in 10 seconds (assuming you have the money you just walk up and buy it).

funny, that's exactly how i got my pve set at 50. in fact, i paid less than 300k for a full set of lvl 50 epics and a few blues on the GTN ( i know this because I had right about 1 million credits when i dinged 50 and had over 400k left after training, buying the dark V mount, and gearing up.)

if you're trying to make an argument that gearing for pvp is easier than pve you won't get anywhere. anyone who's spent any time in the game knows better. also, in pvp you don't get to work your way up to hard modes and nightmare difficulty, you start there.

Edited by iceperson

I find it interesting that the stickied topic on how to gear up for hard modes and ops involves buying the recruit PvP set and ignoring the level 50 flashpoints...

If you were reasonably thrifty with your credits then you'll probably be able to buy the Recruit gear as soon as you hit 50, so that's the fastest and easiest way to get level 50 gear. That doesn't make the level 50 FPs worthless, it just means that if all you care about are hard modes then the quickest way to get there is probably the Recruit set (I'm not sure it's actually good enough for ops though). There are plenty of other methods too, though... dailies, high level normal mode FPs, crafted purple gear (not technically level 50, but good enough to hold you over until you start getting raid drops). It's just a question of whether you want to spend time (FPs, dailies) or credits (Recruit set, crafted gear from the GTN) and since credits are easy to come by once you are in the 40s most people will have them to spend.

You need Expertise to participate in end-game PvP. The Recruit set provides characters with Expertise that otherwise would not be able to obtain the stat. PvE end-game play does not boast such a statistic, and therefor an equivalent set is unnecessary.

That really isn't something you just buy.

And there shouldn't be something you just buy...the "gap" in terms of what you need for lvl 50 PVE vs what you need for lvl 50 PVP is insanely huge. Level 50 PVP your going against people who insanely well geared and sometimes max geared by the time you get there..in PVE your going against the same static mobs that it is entirely possibly to take down and gain gear from without having a lvl 50 item. You need only some decent gear to start doing end game PVE dailies to work up for the HMs to work up for the OPs. There's a progression with a minimal gap. PVP has a major gap between 49/ 50 incomparison.