Why is there no "Recruit" set for PvE?

Heezdedjim

Fresh 50s need PvE gear as well. The PvP gear is better than nothing, which is what we had before; but why is there not a 300K credits set that has stats we can use, rather than wasted points in a trash stat that has no use outside PvP?

Fresh 50s need PvE gear as well. The PvP gear is better than nothing, which is what we had before; but why is there not a 300K credits set that has stats we can use, rather than wasted points in a trash stat that has no use outside PvP?

Umm... that's what quest gear is for... if you are keeping your PvE gear up to date while leveling you are just fine for lvl 50 PvE content. Do dailies, FP, etc.

Edited by jgoldsack

Umm... that's what quest gear is for...

I guess that explains why every "Fresh 50 Gearing Guide" out there says "just buy the Recruit set; it's made for PvP, and the Expertise is useless to you, but it will be a good upgrade from the grab bag of mission gear and modded stuff you'll have when you hit 50."

So back to the point: The "entry level" PvP set for new level 50s is a complete set of matched gear for each class, which works better for starting out in endgame PvE than what we're wearing when we hit 50, and it's readily available to everyone right away for a reasonable chunk of credits. So why is there not an equivalent set with stats we can actually use, for those moving straight on to end game PvE, rather than heading into the Warzones?

I guess that explains why every "Fresh 50 Gearing Guide" out there says "just buy the Recruit set; it's made for PvP, and the Expertise is useless to you, but it will be a good upgrade from the grab bag of mission gear and modded stuff you'll have when you hit 50."

So back to the point: The "entry level" PvP set for new level 50s is a complete set of matched gear for each class, which works better for starting out in endgame PvE than what we're wearing when we hit 50, and it's readily available to everyone right away for a reasonable chunk of credits. So why is there not an equivalent set with stats we can actually use, for those moving straight on to end game PvE, rather than heading into the Warzones?

There is. It's called Recruit gear, and you then can go into some flashpoints (endgame PVE) right away with it to work towards operations.

Edited by Ancen

We have 3 flashpoints specifically designed for level 50 players. Go do them and get your gear for free.

I find it interesting that the stickied topic on how to gear up for hard modes and ops involves buying the recruit PvP set and ignoring the level 50 flashpoints...

I don't know what the guides say because I don't use them. I got my gear at 50 from doing my dailies and running Flashpoints and HM. The reason there is a recruit PvP set is because in PvP, without expertise, new 50's were getting totally and utterly destroyed in WZ by those with lots of expertise.

The "entry level" fresh 50 PvE gear is obtained from running FP and from crafting. There is no need for a set to be purchased with all the stats on it, because it is all there in those lvl 50 FP... that's what they were put there for. Buying the Recruit gear is for those who don't want to spend the time to get that gear and want to go right to End Game PvE.. where your gear will get replaced very soon anyway.

Edited by jgoldsack

It probably wouldn't be a terrible idea to make Tionese Gear cost like 20 Daily com's a pop or something. As is Columi is easier to get a full set of than Tionese is in most cases.

So yeah they should change that.

Tionese as either a daily comm or flashpoint comm barter makes sense given the new tier 1.2 brought into the equation. Were they truly afraid of an excessive boost can always make is two separate sets with mirrored stats just one with set bonus and one without, sort of how the ranked/unranked pvp gear is supposed to play out.

Going back to the "recruit for pve" comment though... seems to me AH level 49/50 purples along with 22 purple augments would be comparable if not higher statted then the rceruit stuff

I think a balance to PVP gear could be to make Expertise "Debuff" you in OPS & HM areas.

It's so easy to get Battle Master gear and run Hard Mode OPS making getting Rakata at that point barely worth it.

Edited by Chesty_Jake

I think a balance to PVP gear could be to make Expertise "Debuff" you in OPS & HM areas.

It's so easy to get Battle Master gear and run Hard Mode OPS making getting Rakata at that point barely worth it.

That's a ridiculously preposterous idea. Why would you punish people who want to play all of the game instead of just part of it (i..e play both PVE & PVP)? :rolleyes:

Besides, since Expertise already takes up itemization allocation on the armorings, you already are at a disadvantage if you're using BattleMaster armor compared to Columi/Rakata for PVE.

Edited by Ancen

rofl at anyone who finds it hard to gear up for pve content in this game. seriously, try crafting, questing, dailies, gtn, etc... now go look in those places for pvp gear and tell me you don't understand why they added the recruit set... Edited by iceperson

rofl at anyone who finds it hard to gear up for pve content in this game. seriously, try crafting, questing, dailies, gtn, etc... now go look in those places for pvp gear and tell me you don't understand why they added the recruit set...

This. It's sad and hilarious at the same time.

So why is there not an equivalent set with stats we can actually use.

You might get expertise on it, but it still has better PvE stats then the lvl 49 quest gear, but not quite as good as the daily comms gear.

So I don't see why you think you can't use it, just because it has expertise on it, doesn't mean it's not worth getting for PvE content. At least until you start replacing it with better stuff from lvl 50 FP's, Ops, and dailies.

That's a ridiculously preposterous idea. Why would you punish people who want to play all of the game instead of just part of it (i..e play both PVE & PVP)? :rolleyes:

Besides, since Expertise already takes up itemization allocation on the armorings, you already are at a disadvantage if you're using BattleMaster armor compared to Columi/Rakata for PVE.

I think a level'd Debuff based off your expertise is fair if you look at it that way. Since those without expertise are "Punished" as you say for pvp'ing in LEET PVE gear. I mean hell just reverse the expertise % aka 10% dmg increase & output decrease if you have X expertise level in a Hard Mode Flashpoint or OP.

How is that not fair? I can get a full battle master set in a week easily after reaching 50. Getting a full Rakata set? That can take over a month depending on your luck due to lock outs alone. They are the same tier and the only difference is like 15 endurance & 18 willpower on shadow tank gear.

It's nothing. It'd be a different story if you still needed Valor 60 for BM gear... but you don't.

Edited by Chesty_Jake

Go to the GTN, buy a set of blue/purple PvE gear that is 47-50. Your stats will be higher than recruit gear and it will cost a similar amount. This gear will be more than sufficient to get you into entry level 50 PvE content. "Recruit" PvE gear has been in the game since launch.

I think a level'd Debuff based off your expertise is fair if you look at it that way. Since those without expertise are "Punished" as you say for pvp'ing in LEET PVE gear. I mean hell just reverse the expertise % aka 10% dmg increase & output decrease if you have X expertise level in a Hard Mode Flashpoint or OP.

How is that not fair? I can get a full battle master set in a week easily after reaching 50. Getting a full Rakata set? That can take over a month depending on your luck due to lock outs alone. They are the same tier and the only difference is like 15 endurance & 18 willpower on shadow tank gear.

It's nothing. It'd be a different story if you still needed Valor 60 for BM gear... but you don't.

As I said, it's a ridiculous idea. Why would you *PUNISH* players who actually enjoy the full game instead of one subsection of it? Expertise already DOES take off stats that you could have had for use in PVE from the allocation totals on the itemization, regardless.... notice how armorings are short 20+ of two stats compared to the PVE ones? Yeah.

Edited by Ancen

I find it interesting that the stickied topic on how to gear up for hard modes and ops involves buying the recruit PvP set and ignoring the level 50 flashpoints...

QFT

edit: whaa I can't QFT because its too short....must have to say something else....this game is pretty awesome and I agree with the OP