Daily Change (Strongly Against... Read Why)

Zintiel

Old Daily

Best Case Scenario: Win 3 in a row.

Worst Case Scenario: Lose infinite in a row.

New Daily

Best Case Scenario: Win 3 in a row.

Worst Case Scenario: Lose 6 in a row.

This is for a reward of 396 commendations (Using a 3:1 conversion ratio for 99 Ranked into Unranked, plus 99 Unranked).

There is only one situation where you would dislike this change and that is if you believe that your skill is low and you therefore need a gear advantage to compensate. This change makes it (very, slightly) easier to obtain gear which threatens your ability to maintain your gear advantage.

I agree completely. It also helps those who are in smaller guilds. Seriously, performance does not matter when it comes to mvp votes. Its rare for my toon to get healed outside my guild and even rarer to get mvp votes on some of my toons unless my guild is with me. Top dmg? Most medals? Highest kill ratio? Defending a node? Taking a node? Planting a bomb?

Nope. MVP votes are for pals. So, getting the daily is key and this change suits me perfectly.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TL;DR

OP falsely deluding himself into believing that pugging his daily has more to do with himself than the likely fact that he simply plays on the more geared/skilled faction and is carried to most of his wins.

Nobody is negatively impacted by the daily change.

A few people are positively impacted.

Stop ************ about it.

Edited by Celebrus

One more thing. Have you ever been in a match where you are winning and you will finally complete your 3/3 daily then get disconnected or the root bug so you are kicked out by the afk thing? Well this will make that less of a heart ache.

Say what you will. I kind of have to admire the BW backasswards logic here. Hmm, people are getting stomped in wz after wz by premades and aren't able to get their wins for the dailies. I know! Let's let the complete the daily's with loses. ROFL well played BW, well played.

If I had a headache and complained to BW they'd cut my head off. Fixed!

You can be a good player who PUGs and always ends up on a team of idiots, and never win.

I like this change.

Ok, so at least you can get your dailies done, but you're still getting owned by premades time and time again. How long will you last with that going on?

You would think people that are good at pvp would welcome gear equality of any kind.

Why? Because good pvp players like to beat others based on SKILL, not stupidly overpowered gear disparity. These are the same people that say "Its not gear, L2P" when confronted with the blatantly obvious nature of having a large mathematical advantage over others.

If you are an elite pvp player you would welcome gear equality because it means your SKILL will shine in spite of it.

The people that claim to be elite pvpers are actually just gear grinders that pretend to be good at pvp because they always have a distinct gear advantage. If there is equality, then their lack of skill will be exposed.

Its really that simple.

Edited by FodderofCannon

You totally missed the point with this change. It's not so much making it easier for the bads complete their daily's, it's about good players who continue having to be in a PUG and getting rickrolled by premades with much better gear. On several occasions I have gone over a week without being able to finish the daily I picked up on Tuesday.

The bads will continue to be bad and easy to kill no matter what gear they have. This gives the good players who sometimes go days without winning a warzone a chance to catch up to the oppositions gear.

Like I said in another post. Don't blame the change, blame the ridiculous gear curve in PvP. There is more of a gear curve in 5 months of SWTOR PvP then there ever was in WoW, unless you were in the top 5% of the arena teams. The absurde gear curve is what's hurting PvP the most right now. It was at the point where is was not even fun PvP'ing when you knew your were going to lose 99% of the time and unable to finish your daily.

I totally agree. I stopped PvPing at 50 due to premades wiping the floor with us due to the massive gear imbalance on our server and I could only very rarely get my daily. PvP was no longer any fun and I didn't feel like I was making any progress, so I rolled some alts. Now I will go back to my lvl 50 character and PvP some more :) I may still need to L2P (I'm my no means the best player in the world) but at least this change makes me feel like the investment I put into playing WZs has some kind of pay off.

You can't give the winner of a race the best engine for the next race. That would be ridiculous. It took the WoW devs 6 years to realize that and they finallly changed their mentality. You don't give the best parts to the winning team.

OP, why didn't you just write

"I am against the daily change because I don't want to lose my advantage so I would have to be actually better than my enemy to beat him"?

Roflstomping people who don't have BiS-gear has to be huge fun for some people. I can't understand how anyone just doesn't want a fair ground so the PvP is based on skill.