Daily Change (Strongly Against... Read Why)

Zintiel

When you make a game, you reward players for overcoming challenges.

Good players can easily do their daily mission. Bad players can't and will find something that is more interesting to them.

Maybe bad players cancel their subs? Oh, wouldn't want that. Let's desperately pander to the worst players who are ultimately the most disloyal, the ones who probably are just killing time waiting for the next MMO to roll out and be bad in, just in a thin attempt to drive more subs, while also driving away anyone who is remotely good or enjoys the game. I am not the best player in this game, but I have enjoyed it until a lot of these strange 'fixes' for pvp started rolling out.

How about narrowing the gap between gear levels? Why were entire sets of PvP gear eliminated from the game instead of making a few levels to progress through? What about this awful queue system for battlegrounds? There's a team of 6 in Civil War right now, I got dc'd and I cannot rejoin them to hopelessly flounder against the exact same 8 person premade that I've been fighting all day.

How about we fix the real issues that make PvP inaccessible! All while still rewarding us for the work and effort they put into their characters.

Honestly I just see this change as another slap in the face to all the players. It doesn't matter what you do in game, you'll still get your same reward, so everyone should be happy right? Nope, not me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good players can easily do their daily mission. Bad players can't and will find something that is more interesting to them.

Maybe bad players cancel their subs? Oh, wouldn't want that. Let's desperately pander to the worst players who are ultimately the most disloyal, the ones who probably are just killing time waiting for the next MMO to roll out and be bad in, just in a thin attempt to drive more subs, while also driving away anyone who is remotely good or enjoys the game. I am not the best player in this game, but I have enjoyed it until a lot of these strange 'fixes' for pvp started rolling out.

How about narrowing the gap between gear levels? Why were entire sets of PvP gear eliminated from the game instead of making a few levels to progress through? What about this awful queue system for battlegrounds? There's a team of 6 in Civil War right now, I got dc'd and I cannot rejoin them to hopelessly flounder against the exact same 8 person premade that I've been fighting all day.

How about we fix the real issues that make PvP inaccessible! All while still rewarding us for the work and effort they put into their characters.

Honestly I just see this change as another slap in the face to all the players. It doesn't matter what you do in game, you'll still get your same reward, so everyone should be happy right? Nope, not me.

You must play imperial.

Maybe bad players cancel their subs? Oh, wouldn't want that.

So, you think MMOs should be designed to only satisfy hardcore/good players, and should make bad players quit.

Dude, that is an AWESOME BUSINESS MODEL SURE TO EARN YOU LOTS OF MONEY. GO MAKE THAT MMO RIGHT NOW.

I find the new dailies nice. The only thing I'd like changed is the Weekly equalling the rewards of three Daily missions (297 Ranked and Warzone commendations each) since it essentially requires three Daily missions and would be in line with the PVE Weekly missions.

However, your argument is moot. While Daily missions give players resources they can acquire through participating in a Warzone until completion, the Daily missions greatly affect the rate at which players acquire their commendations and gear.

Also, the Ranked Commendation rewards are extremely valuable. For one, doing all the Daily and Weekly missions guarantees 792 Ranked commendation. That's 2376 Warzone commendations you did not have convert to Ranked commendations, or roughly 24 matches.

Going on the assumption that the win rate is 50-50 for the average player and each player continues to play until the Daily is finished, each player does 6 matches a day. That's an average of 100 commendations if neither side roflstomped the other in just a couple minutes. That's roughly 4200 Warzone commendations, plus 792 from the Daily and Weekly missions. That's 1664 Ranked commendations if you could convert them all.

That's an average of 2456 Ranked commendations a week for the average player, enough for at least one War Hero piece a week.

Compare this to someone that somehow doesn't win a game yet plays 6 matches a day and you have only 1400 Ranked commendations. The time it takes for that person to get their War Hero set is nearly doubled.

Completing the Daily and Weekly missions matters. However, it doesn't change the fact that the PVP gear system in SWTOR at the moment is a grind fest rather than dependent on skill. It's apparent from the remains of the Ranked Warzone system that it was supposed to implement skill a lot better, as the cost per War Hero item for those that qualified for the Ranked version is only a couple hundred Ranked commendations.

The gear gap between Recruit and Battlemaster is also insignificant. The Battlemaster sets can be acquired right after reaching level 50 with just Warzone commendations. The average player that thinks ahead can buy one or two Battlemaster pieces upon reaching 50.

No, people who don't solely concentrate on PvP are not bad but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have a chance to gear up like those who dedicate thier lives to PvP. Most Leet players are pissed because they won't have suck a huge advantage in gear anymore and fear being found out. BTW Good players don't always have a better chance at winning, the Imps on my server which I play cant scratch a win together due to the gear disparity. Now we might have a shot at winning once in a while. Poor Leet Pvpers, won't be able to have a such a gear advantage.

These posts absolutely crack me up......

There is nothing wrong with this patch for pvp'ers who get it. All it does is level the playing field for those who cannot pvp 8 days/nights a week or have friends who's profs don't make up a nice well rounded competitive group. People who are complaining are probably the same ones that wtfstomp pugs all night and are enjoying the widening divide between themselves and the rest of the player base trying to get gear.

Good move here BW, at least now I can guarantee myself a daily, whereas before dailies weren't always dailies for everyone.

Old Daily

Best Case Scenario: Win 3 in a row.

Worst Case Scenario: Lose infinite in a row.

New Daily

Best Case Scenario: Win 3 in a row.

Worst Case Scenario: Lose 6 in a row.

This is for a reward of 396 commendations (Using a 3:1 conversion ratio for 99 Ranked into Unranked, plus 99 Unranked).

There is only one situation where you would dislike this change and that is if you believe that your skill is low and you therefore need a gear advantage to compensate. This change makes it (very, slightly) easier to obtain gear which threatens your ability to maintain your gear advantage.

All I heard from the OP is "I'm better than everyone, but don't want to be bothered to help anyone get better, therefore, I will cut my nose off to spite my face."

Thats funny, because all i heard from him was "i cant win if everyone gets the same items as me, stop this at once!".

There is only one situation where you would dislike this change and that is if you believe that your skill is low and you therefore need a gear advantage to compensate. This change makes it (very, slightly) easier to obtain gear which threatens your ability to maintain your gear advantage.

Um.. no. Many dislike this change because it will have ZERO impact on dead servers. It solves last months issue that went away with the reward changes. Finishing the daily isn't a huge bump of comms. If you play well enough to get our max medals, the comms per game squish the comms from this daily reward, which made the daily PvP grind irrelevant. You got gear progression regardless if you finished the daily.

If there are not enough players on the server to pop a WZ this change doesn't matter. And THAT is this month's problem. I guess they will fix it next month when the problem is something new once again.

Um.. no. Many dislike this change because it will have ZERO impact on dead servers. It solves last months issue that went away with the reward changes. Finishing the daily isn't a huge bump of comms. If you play well enough to get our max medals, the comms per game squish the comms from this daily reward, which made the daily PvP grind irrelevant. You got gear progression regardless if you finished the daily.

If there are not enough players on the server to pop a WZ this change doesn't matter. And THAT is this month's problem. I guess they will fix it next month when the problem is something new once again.

You dislike a change because it doesn't do anything? Thats a logically absurd position to take.

The PvP daily exists for one purpose: to get casuals to queue up shortening overall queue times.

If a casual faces a choice between infinite losses or 6 losses it is quite easy to tell which scenario will dissuade them from bothering.

So, you think MMOs should be designed to only satisfy hardcore/good players, and should make bad players quit.

Dude, that is an AWESOME BUSINESS MODEL SURE TO EARN YOU LOTS OF MONEY. GO MAKE THAT MMO RIGHT NOW.

Sounds like it's the one BW is following, so they might hire them- buff up the class casuals aren't playing, nerf all the casual classes- boom, TOR subs down 25%.

BW doesn't care for casuals, right now everything they throw casuals are token in the hopes nobody realizes how badly BW has bent them over.

I would normally agree with the concept of "something for winning, nothing for losing".

However, since they made what is my opinion, the unfortunate decision to tie gear to War Zones, this is a good middle ground. I play on a decently populated server; two toons with full BM gear and partial WH gear. However, there are others that play on lesser populated servers that scrape all they can to get a queue, let alone three wins a night on a regular enough basis to keep up with the arms race.

If losing 6 war zones nets a person what I can reliably depend on getting in 3 - 4 war zones, given the current game situation, then fine by me.

BW doesn't care for casuals, right now everything they throw casuals are token in the hopes nobody realizes how badly BW has bent them over.

this game was soley made with the casual playerbase in mind

you gotta be smokin some good stuff if you think bioware doesnt care for casuals.im sure any non casual in this game already left or is just playing until other mmos come out

i know i am,no point in wasting my time with casuals r us

Edited by CrunkShizzle

What would have been perfect for the daily change is that it should work how it is right now, but only counts towards wins after valor 60. This would give the fresh 50s ample time to get geared up.

Though, it may discourage 1-49 pvp. People wouldn't want that valor ranking in the early levels because they are getting easy mode when they hit 50.

It wouldn't have been a perfect scenario, but it would have been a better one than is out there now.

I think it should be if you premade and lose to a PUG, your character gets immediately erased and you lose everything. Also if you outgear someone and they beat you, they get all your gear.

Now that would start increasing skill in this game a bit.

You dislike a change because it doesn't do anything? Thats a logically absurd position to take.

The PvP daily exists for one purpose: to get casuals to queue up shortening overall queue times.

If a casual faces a choice between infinite losses or 6 losses it is quite easy to tell which scenario will dissuade them from bothering.

Doesn't address the current problem. Wasn't really needed. You can count right? Calculate what those 99 rated comms cost from just doing WZ's with no reward or daily. It isn't very significant. It does nothing to address the current problem.

This is a terrible change. I'm not saying that because I have gear and I don't want people to gear up themselves easy.

I am saying this is terrible because it takes the need to win away from a lot of players. There are some players that try to win no matter what. But there is a whole lot of people that don't want to win. These are the people that are happy with this change.

This change is going to take a bunch of the competition out of PVP. Changes like this promote people to AFK in Warzones and not try. You know because eventually they will get their daily done.

Not sure what BW is thinking with rewarding losing teams so much. People should have to win. This is the same reason BW up'd the rewards for losing teams. I don't get it.

When did gamers begin to rely so heavily on gear imbalances to justify skill? Seriously, how does the loser playing 6 games to your 3 hurt you other than eventually they may have better gear than they have now? Stroke your epeen all you want, but there is no awe-inspiring skill to playing any facet of a MMO. In all liklihood, it will be those that are complaining about the loss of a perceived gear advantage that leave the game before a casual.