Servers should start recruiting

Diamaht

A lot of posts about character transfers and panic about server populations. Most of them are demanding a fix yesterday and that's all fine and dandy. Problem is transfers and/or mergers were not in yesterday and will probably not be in tomorrow.

I think some of you guys should be proactive in recruiting for your servers. If one or two medium pop server started encouraging people to come in your populations would rise. We would end up with 3 or 4 more servers with healthy populations.

I re-rolled to Fatman and the game is much better with more people around.

Basically everyone can go blue in the face for the next month or two before full transfers are in ( and by the way, after the 753rd thread on the topic I'm sure BW is aware of the issue) or you guys can do something to improve your own game experience.

What would the difference be if yoru character was transferred?

Keep in mind, I'm not RP'ing, or playing in groups, or PVP'ing.

What I did when I chose a server was look for a low player load, and a nearby region. I chose a low player load on purpose.:)

What would the difference be if yoru character was transferred?

Keep in mind, I'm not RP'ing, or playing in groups, or PVP'ing.

What I did when I chose a server was look for a low player load, and a nearby region. I chose a low player load on purpose.:)

Then I guess none of this would apply to you if you are looking for a low pop server...

The only issue with leaving is this: I got a 50, a 44 and alot of chars in mid 20s. It would be a pain to go somewhere new and have to lvl to 50 again not to mention valor, social, all my legacy rewards etc... I'd rather wake up and be on a new server thanks to a merge.

Though what you mention is a good option if someone wants results now. I'm patient :)

That majority willing to reroll have already done so, leaving servers little reason to advertise until transfer destinations are announced. That said, some of the more active and unique server populations are making preparation to do just as you suggest. Edited by HeavensAgent

Legacy will make or break server transfers.

The transfer system will be useless to me if my legacy perks don't carry over to the new server. Almost 5 months worth of time and credits have gone into my primary server's legacy, and I can't bring myself to do it all over again.

Legacy will make or break server transfers.

The transfer system will be useless to me if my legacy perks don't carry over to the new server. Almost 5 months worth of time and credits have gone into my primary server's legacy, and I can't bring myself to do it all over again.

Why do you even think this might be an issue. It wasn't a problem with the Asia-Pacific transfers, and since those offered this summer will use the same process it's a safe bet that Legacy will remain intact then, as well.

"Yes, please leave your dead and dying server for our also dead and dying server"

#thingsthatwontwork

Then your server wouldn't be dead or dying. Look guys, I guess the point I'm trying to make is there are things you can do for yourself to make this better or you can remain unhappy.

If you are worried about your current lvl 50's then pick a server roll one toon and some place holders. Then level your one toon with lots of other people and enjoy the game more until your 50's can be brought over.

As far as being invested, legacy has been out for a couple weeks now. That's nothing in a game you play for years. It's usually a mistake to regard stuff in an MMO as permanent.

Your call guys, mitigate the misery or make another 750 forum threads. I only post this because it's dumb to see the same complaints over and over and over and over with no one willing to even marginally help themselves.

Edited by Diamaht

Then your server wouldn't be dead or dying. Look guys, I guess the point I'm trying to make is there things you can do for yourself to make this better or you can remain unhappy.

If you are worried about your current lvl 50's then pick a server roll one toon and some place holders. Then level your one toon with lots of other people an enjoy the game more until your 50's can be brought over.

As far as being invested, legacy has been out for a couple weeks now. That's nothing in a game you play for years.

Your call guys, mitigate the misery or make another 750 forum threads. I only post this because it's dumb to see the same complaints over and over and over and over with no one willing to even marginally help themselves.

No, you are literally missing the point.

If you left your server because the WZ's never popped, the GTN was dead empty, and it was hard to find people to do any PvE content, why would you leave that server, your characters, and your legacy behind just to go to another server that has the exact same problems?

No, you are literally missing the point.

If you left your server because the WZ's never popped, the GTN was dead empty, and it was hard to find people to do any PvE content, why would you leave that server, your characters, and your legacy behind just to go to another server that has the exact same problems?

Then go to a server that has medium to heavy pop if you don't want to build up your own.

Edited by Diamaht

If you are worried about your current lvl 50's then pick a server roll one toon and some place holders. Then level your one toon with lots of other people and enjoy the game more until your 50's can be brought over.
There's no guarantee you'd be able to "bring over" your existing characters. Edited by HeavensAgent

How many times can one person re-roll to find others to play with? Add to this that re-rolling defeats the entire purpose of a legacy, the central focus of the game. I have spread characters across so many servers in my search for life.

My Gripe - Character transfer is an ordinary feature in most MMO's. It's not as if you had to reinvent the wheel EA/Bioware. Couldn't you have provided this feature at launch? I think the populations would have definitely benefitted.

I really wanted a legacy, was excited, instead I have 12 characters spread across 4 servers. (Only 2 50s)

Edited by pixel_dust

Port Nowhere is recruiting!!!! Large Empire pop, need more Republic players.

When and if transfers are offered, I am off to Port Nowhere! It looks happening and I like the name.

Port Nowhere, I feel like I am already there. :p

When and if transfers are offered, I am off to Port Nowhere! It looks happening and I like the name.

Port Nowhere, I feel like I am already there. :p

Great! Look for any of the guilds in the video, each have a great group of people (I am in Relic for republic and Bleed for empire). Some are PVE focused and some are PVP. Port Nowhere is a really good community but it's because we have worked to make it that way. We have another event in two weeks that will include 3 new guilds. I will link the new video when it is done.

Great! Look for any of the guilds in the video, each have a great group of people (I am in Relic for republic and Bleed for empire). Some are PVE focused and some are PVP. Port Nowhere is a really good community but it's because we have worked to make it that way. We have another event in two weeks that will include 3 new guilds. I will link the new video when it is done.

Truly, to anyone else considering a transfer to a PVP server, Port Nowhere is consistently populated. I study the list regularly and Port Nowhere has risen to the top of my short list.

I hope that it will not become the next Fatman.

Truly, to anyone else considering a transfer to a PVP server, Port Nowhere is consistently populated. I study the list regularly and Port Nowhere has risen to the top of my short list.

I hope that it will not become the next Fatman.

That's something to consider too. When transfers do open up, they may not let 300,000 people transfer to Fatman so people may need to decide where everyone is going.

Edited by Diamaht

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=359784

There's already a small "community movement" started by EU servers that died when the APAC server opened... We're in the middle of adding US East/US West PvE & PvP servers to the list.

I rerolled to Canderous Ordo (US East PvE Server) about a week ago, and I'm FINALLY enjoying the game as it's meant to be played... With other people!

That's something to consider too. When transfers do open up, they may not let 300,000 people transfer to Fatman so people may need to decide where everyone is going.

You should check out Port Nowhere. the Republic side needs more people but any good players are welcome. we do a small weekly event out the Outlaw's Den each week and a massive WPVP event each month.