Why so whiney?

Letallis

I guess I am the 1% or forum goers who understands that BW is new to MMO's and TOR is still in it's first year and has been handled pretty well considering other MMO's and how buggy they are after X years still.

No idea why everyone is such a Ep IV crybaby Luke......Bioware is NEW to MMO's and so far.....great job compared to other things. Anyone else from SWG? Remember that launch? Remember how STO (Star Trek Online) after 2 years still has really bad bugs, some of which are form closed Beta? Play WoW ? Still bad bugs in that from what I hear.

People need to lay off a bit, or at lest make constructive posts....remember we are in year 1 still.

Those in red are false by both accounts. First off if you watch the credits you will notice a good number of veteran developers. Second of all RIFT had a MUCH cleaner first year than SW:TOR is having right now.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-game is not in beta, its live and its been developed over 6 years

2-if there is anything but a few minor bugs that need to be fixed then the past 6 years they have done nothing on the subject of testing and development.

3-we pay for this game, its not some freebie we get.

2-if there is anything but a few minor bugs that need to be fixed then the past 6 years they have done nothing on the subject of testing and development.

^ This. Not much more needs to be added other than the fact that you can also say

4. They are Veteran MMO developers.

5. We are reaching the 6 month marker.

Because the whole point of MMO message boards is for people to complain about the game they are paying for.

Fixed it fer ya

That's right, they are paying. They choose themselves where to put their money. My common sense tells me, if I don't like a product or service that I am paying for, I no longer pay for it. I move on.

Lucky for me, I pay, I play, AND I enjoy.

I guess I am the 1% or forum goers who understands that BW is new to MMO's and TOR is still in it's first year and has been handled pretty well considering other MMO's and how buggy they are after X years still.

I guess what you don't realize is that the Mythic team made this game, and they are not new to MMOs: they just never learn from their mistakes.

Edited by Gungan

Lol I am sorry I just find it ironic that there is a post out here whining about whiners.

You mistake reminding people that this game doesn't suck for whining?

You obviously didn't read the entire original statement.

Edited by Letallis

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

I hate QQers, they make me laugh. :)

Why are there so many QQers complaining about the down time for patches ? Seems that they (BW) have been busy working on issues with bugs and development of content. Don't QQ, they have different dev teams working on different aspects.

SuperBoogly

:VanorDM

Because the whole point of MMO message boards is for people to complain about the game they are paying for.

Fixed it for you

Fixed it for you. :)

You mistake reminding people that this game doesn't suck for whining?

You obviously didn't read the entire original statement.

You seem to mistake pointing out flaws in the game for whining as well. Either way you are walking a double edged sword my friend. No matter what side of the spectrum you are on somebody is going to see something whiney about it. It does not matter if you love/hate or are somewhere in between.

There is always a little bit of whining, but within the whining there is a little bit of truth on both sides. It is only a matter of whether or not you can handle the truth.Oh and by the way saying the game doesn't suck is a matter of opinion just like it is for those who claim it sucks. It is not the game that is the issue anyway. It is the developers and customer service all wrapped in to one that need to get together and think straight before they ruin a possible good thing.

There are a wide variety of complaints;

Some have justification,

Some are expressing opinion or feelings,

Some are seeking attention, and

Some are victims of a condition that is still being studied.

Treat the posters with care, you may be talking to someone who is justified in their complaints or you may be talking to people who need intervention to survive.

Edited by Elkirin

Post after post of people that want to complain about SWTOR. For whatever reason.... why can't anyone realize this game is in it's infancy stages still. WoW has years of working out bugs and fixing issues, but people still want to compare.

To me this game rocks. It may have it's problems but what new software doesn't? The subtle nuances in the cut out scenes, the story lines. To me it's all pretty great. Sure there maybe issues, but like I said. This game is comparatively new in the MMO world.

You're not going to get 100% of what you want 100% of the time. You can't get it in real life and you're sure not going to get it here. Relax and enjoy this game for what it is. A chance to be a part of a awesome story. That fact that I get to walk around on my Sith Warrior like Lord Vader makes waiting on bug fixes and growing pains of the software very palatable.

This wasn't meant to be a shot at anyone making complaints but more about realizing we do have a great game. To me it's better than sitting around with 20 sided die trying to figure out if I got a saving roll or not. (no offense to table top gamers). This is great fun and great entertainment. Just relax and enjoy the ride. They'll get this stuff lined out sooner or later.

Good luck, and have fun!!!!!:wea_08::wea_08:

This is the gaming community now.

I Agree. I really enjoy this game and I understand it will take time to reach the level of refinement Wow has after all those years they had to reinvest in developing new content and features but I don't want it to be a Wow clone because it is the difference I enjoy. I will be playing for a long time and I am willing to give SWTOR breathing room to grow but I AM expecting improvement, I guess I'm willing to be more patient about it. After all this game only came out a few months ago.

I dont think it helps, SWTOR flaws are just too big. Im losing my patience really and waiting Elder Scroll Online, hope they get it right. Its that hard to believe single playing cutscene/story MMORPGs are niche. Edited by BlueFromMoon

Post after post of people that want to complain about SWTOR. For whatever reason.... why can't anyone realize this game is in it's infancy stages still. WoW has years of working out bugs and fixing issues, but people still want to compare.

To me this game rocks. It may have it's problems but what new software doesn't? The subtle nuances in the cut out scenes, the story lines. To me it's all pretty great. Sure there maybe issues, but like I said. This game is comparatively new in the MMO world.

You're not going to get 100% of what you want 100% of the time. You can't get it in real life and you're sure not going to get it here. Relax and enjoy this game for what it is. A chance to be a part of a awesome story. That fact that I get to walk around on my Sith Warrior like Lord Vader makes waiting on bug fixes and growing pains of the software very palatable.

This wasn't meant to be a shot at anyone making complaints but more about realizing we do have a great game. To me it's better than sitting around with 20 sided die trying to figure out if I got a saving roll or not. (no offense to table top gamers). This is great fun and great entertainment. Just relax and enjoy the ride. They'll get this stuff lined out sooner or later.

Good luck, and have fun!!!!!:wea_08::wea_08:

You answered your own question btw.>>>WoW has years of working out bugs and fixing issues. You say..well no crap. WoW has been around since 04. IF your gona copy a game, how come you dont make it better then what you copied it from?

Not paying to beta test there game nor am i going to continue to pay for them to "come around" either. Much much better products coming out this year.

Forum PVP. Its a reality for every MMO no matter period. I'm sure both GW2 forums and Tera forums are both filled with similar complaints already and as numerous.

Just ignore the trolls.

(yes every game could use some improvements and forums are a good way to communicate a message but the incessant crying and whining IN EVERY MMO FORUM is clearly symptomatic of something else imho....

1- no amount of beta testing can cover EVERY SINGLE possible issue that might arise. See any and all software for proof of that. Users go out of their way to find and abuse any exploit they can. No matter how well intentioned, it is IMPOSSIBLE to know what any given user will try to do.

2- SEE NUMBER 1

3- F2P MMOs have the same whiners and complainers, so that argument is debunked.

You answered your own question btw.>>>WoW has years of working out bugs and fixing issues. You say..well no crap. WoW has been around since 04. IF your gona copy a game, how come you dont make it better then what you copied it from?

Not paying to beta test there game nor am i going to continue to pay for them to "come around" either. Much much better products coming out this year.

Because it is not like Blizzard handed over their "perfected" code to BioWare and said, "here. Go ahead and copy what we've been working on for 12 years so you can take a large segment of our customers and millions of dollars out of our pockets."

Yes, WOW has indeed influenced SWTOR, but realistically, the best BioWare could do is reverse engineer the end result. Further, there are a lot of things in SWTOR that WOW has never had - first and foremost THE STORY.

You know what I love the most? the people who make posts like "IF YOU DONT FIX THIS NEXT WEEK IM QUITTING!!?!?!?!!1!!!!111!1!!!1" It always makes me laugh. Also, "this" can be replaced with anything from PvP to helmet clipping.

People don't seem to understand/remember that 99% of games that come out have bugs and issues, no matter how long they were in development.

MMOs are like raid leading. You can tell people what to do, what happens, where everything is etc. But you won't truly know anything until you do it. Trial by fire.

Keeping with that analogy, MMOS are like raids. Sometimes stuff doesn't work right. Sometimes its your own fault, and sometimes its the raid's fault. Just keep calm and carry on. :)

The title of this thread reminds me of a Horde faction guild I came across while playing WoW:

"Me So Hordey"

Then there was an Alliance guild named "It Burns When I PvP"

I thought that was HIGH-larious.

You seem to mistake pointing out flaws in the game for whining as well. Either way you are walking a double edged sword my friend. No matter what side of the spectrum you are on somebody is going to see something whiney about it. It does not matter if you love/hate or are somewhere in between.

There is always a little bit of whining, but within the whining there is a little bit of truth on both sides. It is only a matter of whether or not you can handle the truth.Oh and by the way saying the game doesn't suck is a matter of opinion just like it is for those who claim it sucks. It is not the game that is the issue anyway. It is the developers and customer service all wrapped in to one that need to get together and think straight before they ruin a possible good thing.

You made a very good point. I just think alot of people expect too much too soon. It's their right to do so, they pay the same thing I do every month to play so everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Thanks for the insight.

Well, it's the internet, people feel safe expressing their emotions more than they would ever do in real life,at least I hope so... Part of the people just enjoys bashing the game, even if they enjoy playing it an hour after, why would they else be subscribed or even show any interest for the forums? But the worst thing is, that a lot of people are not able to express their issues in a normal and constructive way, it is often if they don't fix this, I unsubscribe or I am a paying customer, thus I demand now..(do they even wonder if what they demand is even what they payed for...like a bugless game..?)

I sometimes see very good posts about issues but also about things people like, but they tend to get almost no attention, so that might also be a reason people overreact to get the attention they want for their posts.