Thank you for making PvP Worse

Agooz

Except you can still sit on a node all match long and pull 5+ medals w/o doing a dam thing. So with your solution and your thinking behind it those same people will now be in 10 of your matches getting their 50 medals instead of wasting your time for just 6 matches.

Thanks for admitting that it is a waste of time. Great implementation then. Lets do changes that will limit some people from wasting other people's time. I am sorry, I guess I was silly to think that changes should be made to increase the fun factor, increase subscribers, etc...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?? How about this RADICAL and CRAZY idea. Make the daily be based on total Medals you callect. Forget winning or loosing, just maybe like 50 Medals completes the daily, and 300 Medals for the Weekly. There problem solved. No handouts, no one quitting, no one not liking to queue because premades will faceroll him, no one will just logoff because they cant get a win that day. And then MAYBE just MAYBE people who queue up will put more effort in winning, regardless of the outcome of the end score.

Agreed lets get away from team work and move to medal farming.

^ This. The people that were trying before will still try. The people that weren't still won't. BUT, the change may encourage NEW people to start PvPing again which is a good thing. Especially considering the Queue times a lot of people complain about.

The change is good.

Yes this change was as needed. This means they are at least listening to the player base somewhat.

Really?? How about this RADICAL and CRAZY idea. Make the daily be based on total Medals you callect. Forget winning or loosing, just maybe like 50 Medals completes the daily, and 300 Medals for the Weekly. There problem solved. No handouts, no one quitting, no one not liking to queue because premades will faceroll him, no one will just logoff because they cant get a win that day. And then MAYBE just MAYBE people who queue up will put more effort in winning, regardless of the outcome of the end score.

Sure works for me too. Or merge servers, cross que i dont care what or how they do it. I just care about the result at the end being faster que. I just think this change will get more people to que and that is a good thing to me.

Look if you see my posts im very very tought on bioware pretty much 99% of the time. I got to say that when i see a positive change i will support it. Whether this method is the final solution or they change it to something else i just care that they are finding ways to get people to que. I will now go complain about the other million mistakes thy need to work on but atleast i can be in wzs more while i complain since it seems to have helped the que with the change made today.

Thanks for admitting that it is a waste of time. Great implementation then. Lets do changes that will limit some people from wasting other people's time. I am sorry, I guess I was silly to think that changes should be made to increase the fun factor, increase subscribers, etc...

I don't think you understood what I was saying. I'd rather the people that just sit around and do nothing to not waste my time for 10 games (based off your 50 medal solution) I'd rather them just waste my time for 6 so then I don't have to worry so much about carrying them. If medals were not handed out like candy now I would totally agree with you because it would force people to play. Defensive medals though are way WAY to easy to come by and take no effort to get wouldn't you agree? So you still have the problem of people standing around doing nothing.

Sad isn't it. I fear for the future of the US if this kid is an American. We really need to get back to funding education in the US.

Oh sure, cause the 800 billion a year we spend now is working so well, lets throw more money we don't have down the public education system black hole.

oops....this is not the right forum for this discussion. :o

Agreed lets get away from team work and move to medal farming.

Umm Medal Farming is what it is regardless of what you implement. Certainly this new change does not deter ANYONE from medal farming. And I would much rather have someone come in the WZ to medal farm, than just to show up and do virtually nothing.

Oh sure, cause the 800 billion a year we spend now is working so well, lets throw more money we don't have down the public education system black hole.

oops....this is not the right forum for this discussion. :o

Hey look another person who never took advantage of the US education system.

Professional athletes get paid yes or yes. Try again.

Yes, they also show up for practice, they wear the right uniform, they perform to the best of their abilities (even if they are not the team stars), and if they ever prove to be useless, they get fired. Try again.

Do you people ever actually play the game? Or just write stuff on the forums all day?

- If you win you still get rewarded appropriately, and only need to win 3 matches to get ur daily

done.

- Who cares if bad players can get geared up faster. If they still are bad, the gear wont help.

(daily completion only rewards 1 wins worth of commendations anyway)

- No one goes afk anymore, not since player voting was implemented. That was a dead argument from the start.

- This will increase player queuing! Now that everyone has incentive to at least try, this will increase total PvP population in the long run.

Yup i dont care what others do i just am glad a change was made to give incentive for more people to play. I could care less about botters since its not as big of an issue as people claim it to be. You pvp for the actual chance to fight i dont see a point in afking to BM gear since what will you do with it after? You afk cause u dont want to play so greens or BM gear dont make a difference to you since u dont want to play. Sure some people afk here and there but maybe they had something to do ive afked out of a warzone using the bio. Botters imo do things like farm gold and chests and nodes and so forth since then botting is rewarding u with money to do what u want with it. To bot in pvp becuse u hate pvp doesnt benefit u in any other part of the game that u enjoy playing.

I say good change im glad we have more people queing since thats what the big issue is que times. Everyone screams about penalizing quitters or seperating ques withb players based on gear or valor but that would make the problem even worse especially on low pop servers. The problem is que times anything that prevent someone from queing increases the time and anything that makes more people que decreases the time. Until cross server comes out alot of ideas are not able to be implemented since it would make issues worse. Im glad now i can play more today.

I complain to much to not give credit when credit is due that just make my claims invalid since i am supporting the negative 100% of the time. This is not a negative change and i support it until a better one can be made.

Umm Medal Farming is what it is regardless of what you implement. Certainly this new change does not deter ANYONE from medal farming. And I would much rather have someone come in the WZ to medal farm, than just to show up and do virtually nothing.

Medals are just something that you accumulate for participating in warzones. How you come about them is a different story. I rather not have someone on my team who is looking for medals more than getting the win. Now these players are unavoidable which 8 man queues will solve.

Actually 8 man queues will solve all of this and when that happens everything in this post becomes irrelevant to me.

OMG people, are you guys even trying to understand the concept? Why do you assume that everyone is the same and plays the game the same way.

There ARE currently a TON of players, who just "dont care", queue up with 0-100 expertise, contribute very little, mainly due to their gear. Now this change, makes them even not worry about contributing at all. That ruins the fun factor not just for the ones that are on their team, but believe it or not, also for the other side that is steam rolling them.

Yes, I guess I am crazy to want a pvp concept, where the majority of even 50% of the games are very competitive, and winning actually requires the majority of the team to participate.

Your basing your theoretical problem on the fact that people won't try as hard because they can get their daily done without winning.

People PvP for fun, competition, and for the rewards. Not JUST for the rewards. I dont know anyone who Q's up for a warzone with the intention of not giving it their all. Like I said, stop complaining about problems that do not exist.

Those kind of tool swill allow the player to recognize the WZ and park their player at point where they could collect defensive medals and it will also target and engage enemies. So they will get medals and still be afk and useless to the team.

Don't shoot the messenger. Just pointing out a well known fact among long time game developers. It is amazing to me that BW made this mistake.

So what you are saying is the program ALREADY allows them to collect medals and comms as an AFK bot? If so I still don't see how this daily mission change makes it any more exploitable. Sounds to me like the real argument you should be making is BW doing a better job of detecting and banning for this exploit.

So what you are saying is the program ALREADY allows them to collect medals and comms as an AFK bot? If so I still don't see how this daily mission change makes it any more exploitable. Sounds to me like the real argument you should be making is BW doing a better job of detecting and banning for this exploit.

I was making a point to another person that is completely out of context now, but if you are really interested I will try to explain it to you.

When you offer rewards for simple participation, you encourage bots. Been a universal rule in MMO's since Neverwinter Nights on AOL at $2.50 an hour.

The tool cannot be detected programatically. You have to scan the players hard drives and snoop through all their stuff and yu still probably won't find the good ones that morph their signatures on install.

But at this point it has nothing to do with the change to PvP on SW:TOR.

You are arguing with me about the one half of the phone call you actually heard.

To all those who flamed away, for absolutely no reason, and said this would make people queue to pvp, it only took a few hours to prove how wrong you are. Not only did the queue not change, it's actually LONGER, and everyone is saying the same thing.

Instead of looking at the "hypothetical" pluses of a change, that may or may not happen, why dont you guys just demand for REAL and EFFECTIVE changes. You dont put a band-aid on an open wound and call it a step in the right direction.

i completely agree with you, There's no more incentive to win if all you have to do is play. no one will actually try to win, they will just coast it.

Complete and utter BS. This change allows those of us getting roflstomped by bored, WarHero geared pre-mades to get at least SOMETHING out of it.

Complete and utter BS. This change allows those of us getting roflstomped by bored, WarHero geared pre-mades to get at least SOMETHING out of it.

- Because WH Premades are queuing round the clock 24/7

- Because it is insanely hard to be in full BM, which is about 1.7% less PvP bonus.

- Because it is insanely hard to also get 3 others to play with and get on vent.

- Because it is insanely fun for premades to just stomp on a team that doesnt try. Because no one likes competition.

- Because WH Premades are queuing round the clock 24/7

- Because it is insanely hard to be in full BM, which is about 1.7% less PvP bonus.

- Because it is insanely hard to also get 3 others to play with and get on vent.

- Because it is insanely fun for premades to just stomp on a team that doesnt try. Because no one likes competition.

A) Yeah, they sometimes do. On the two servers I play on, my two friends and I can tell when the Warhero premades are out and about, stomping around in the kiddie pool

B) For someone who didn't pvp 10-49 and only got into it at 50, starting out with recruit gear, while better than nothing, IS still painful.

C) Let go of the 'get some friends and get in vent. I DO play with 2 people I regularly game with and I'll concede I'm not God's gift to pvp and neither are they. 3 of us with 5 random team mates against a 4 man pre-made/4 others (possibly pre-made as well) all wearing warhero isn't 'competitive'

D) Oh, I can't entirely blame the Warhero guys who put in the time and effort to get the best gear and who desperately want to get ranked WZ's. That's BW's fault, not theirs.

But, you're so quick to point out the competition rule.... if gear DOESN'T matter so much and skill DOES, why are you and all Battlemaster/Warhero gear wearing pvpr's SO UPSET the rest of us peons might get the same gear as you?

Afraid of competition?

Please be kind, not every poster is some gutless anon slimebag that wants to stomp kittens so that they never grow to maturity.

So far, These threads are proving to be very under supported OP premise wise.

A number of these threads are very heavily trending towards support for this change.

In the few hours I played last night I saw "zero" instances of this "making PvP worse" scenario.

I am in fact appreciative of the OP's for starting threads that are garnering so much support for the change to dailies.

Thanks!

You don't understand our innate drive to compete, do you? Have you ever played a non-competitive, friendly pick-up game of basketball or flag football? Have you noticed how intense it gets, after a short time?

Competition is in our nature, and is reinforced through peer pressure. Your claims are not only unsupported by evidence, they're also unsupported by neuropsychology.

This again is another reason why this game will go under before the month is over. GOOD JOB BIOWARE FOR THE TITANIC THAT IS THIS GAME!!!!!!!!

A) Yeah, they sometimes do. On the two servers I play on, my two friends and I can tell when the Warhero premades are out and about, stomping around in the kiddie pool

B) For someone who didn't pvp 10-49 and only got into it at 50, starting out with recruit gear, while better than nothing, IS still painful.

C) Let go of the 'get some friends and get in vent. I DO play with 2 people I regularly game with and I'll concede I'm not God's gift to pvp and neither are they. 3 of us with 5 random team mates against a 4 man pre-made/4 others (possibly pre-made as well) all wearing warhero isn't 'competitive'

D) Oh, I can't entirely blame the Warhero guys who put in the time and effort to get the best gear and who desperately want to get ranked WZ's. That's BW's fault, not theirs.

But, you're so quick to point out the competition rule.... if gear DOESN'T matter so much and skill DOES, why are you and all Battlemaster/Warhero gear wearing pvpr's SO UPSET the rest of us peons might get the same gear as you?

Afraid of competition?

Where am I upset that anyone is getting any gear. If I am upset at anything, is that some dont BOTHER to get the gear. You think it is fun being in WH/BM 1100+ expertise going against someone in PvE gear?? That's why I pay $15 a month for, so I can get my fix of 3-4shotting some guy in PvP?

The gear is easy to get. The experience is what it is, you get it the more you play. Group/Premade is not limited to any side or any "type" of people, everyone can do it. Regardless, I think you are EXTREMELY unlucky that on your server, you only go against Premades. Even more unlucky that the premades are NEVER on your side!

Here's an idea: Go play the game.

I had a final at 1:00, and then I worked until 11:00, and now I'm having several beers. I haven't played today, so I don't know whether the sky is falling or not, but I've done a little perusing (and got a nastygram from the forum moderators) and all I've been reading is "shorter queue times", "crazy close matches", "people queuing who never queued before." That all sounds awesome to me.

If you're so bent on proving that the game is going to be flooded with AFKers and bads who don't give a damn, go find them. Bring a screen cap and share with the rest of us, so that we may partake in the QQ.

If there are super-duper undetectable bots that players can use to cheat the system, they would have been using them before this patch. All this patch does is make it easier to get a little over 100 more comms a day. People are not suddenly going to buy more botting programs for another 100 comms a day, and only empirical evidence is going to sway my opinion.

The PvP forum for this game must contain the highest concentration of compulsive whiners that I have ever encountered. I have never seen so many closed threads due to lack of constructive posts. I have never seen so many people whine about the lack of responsiveness from a company that alters my playing experience nearly bi-weekly. Some people here - and I believe this with every fiber in my body - derive so much pleasure from complaining that they're actually addicted to it.