Thank you for making PvP Worse

Agooz

seriously all this argument over somthing that is so simple to deduce...if you really think about it the changes makes it so those crappy pvpers arnt queing up nearly as long as before because they arnt playing 20 games for 3 wins and causing you to loose because they suck, they play 6 and stop queing

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This i dont understand, people compare gaming to sports for some reason, exept that in sports its nothing about the gear you play with its your and/or youre teams skills it depends on. Not in gaming though, here everyone cryes that they have worked so damn hard to get the gear and dont want other to get it easy.

why should pvp be about gear? shouldnt it be about personal skill?

And please gamers, dont ever compare athletes and sports to gamers and games! Games are just ´something to waste spair time on, nothing else. mmkay?

If PVP:ers compare them self to athletes they would never cry over other getting theire gear easy, instead they would just wont to win. Not becouse of gear but becouse of personal skills, this is what i think is wrong with pvp in many games, but that is another story.

The witch hunt about botting is pretty hilarious. In my WZ I see far more people using the low tech solution of standing on top of a node and hitting a key every minute or so to ensure they don't get counted as AFK, as opposed to more sophisicated methods. This low tech method is indistinguishable from someone who just sucks at playing, so you can't catch that programatically and you can't kick them out with a vote because they're not actually AFK (otherwise you'd end up kicking out your own guys on D who may not be fighting anyone for a while).

Sitting on a node and hitting a key every minute is pretty much the basic macro for a bot program. And you are absoutely correct... it cannot be caught programmatically.

Seems to me BW is trying again to ease the gear grind and put everyone on a more even playing field. The easiest way to that is just Bolster every class with the same basic gear upon entering a War Zone and take the gear grind out completely.

I kinda like the idea of true PvP instead of PvGear so it is about skill and not gear. Just for the record I consider myself an average to above average PvPer and play a tank assassin in DPS gear. So this suggestion wouldn't really help me much, might even hurt me a lot. But at least I would know when I win that It was more about my skill than my gear, and also when I lose.

That said, the way they are doing it now like the OP said, will just make participation in pug groups worse and raise the frustration level making even more players quit IMO.

Want me to stay BW?

1. Fix the way to much CC in PvP

2. Fix ability and animation lag

3. add x-server ques

4. add ranked WZs (maybe bracketed by level)

5. balance group make up in pug ques to include at least one of each class. (Or at least one healer) must have x-server to do this

I have un-subbed already but have around 40 days left or so. I don't think they will fix enough fast enough for me to stay. How about you?

Sitting on a node and hitting a key every minute is pretty much the basic macro for a bot program. And you are absoutely correct... it cannot be caught programmatically.

Yet you still can't show any evidence that today's change to Dailies affects the rate at which people will either AFK "naturally" or "via bot".

I accept your capitulation on the point.

1. I don't report posts.

2. Cognitive dissonance is a discomfort caused by holding conflicting cognitions (e.g., ideas, beliefs, values, emotional reactions) simultaneously.

Believing that people PvP for fun and that today's patch will cause people to "AFK worse than before" is an example.

Yeah... you are gonna fail English 101 in college so badly I hope your parents saved up enough money to put you through school twice. Done talking to you. You are truly clueless when you can't recognize differing opinion.

I think this may help time will tell. However anything that gets more people to que is a positive step in the right direction. I would rather be in a match then waiting for one. Even if my teamates dont get medals its up to me as an individual to get as many as i can so if everyone else gets 0 but if get my 6 or 8 or 12 or 16 then im getting my rewards. I just thinkg this will enourage more people to que which is the #1 issue with pvp right now.

Yeah... you are gonna fail English 101 in college so badly I hope your parents saved up enough money to put you through school twice. Done talking to you. You are truly clueless when you can't recognize differing opinion.

I also accept your complete surrender on the discussion (aka personal attacks prove you're admitting you lost the argument)

Edited by Zaodon

You mentioned that players without expertise will now do nothing and allow the match to culminate in a loss. Please, what is the difference between being AFK and that? I would very much like to know.

I suppose, unless you can bring a valid argument against my last comment, that you must be quiet now?

Never though that I would have to explain this but I guess there is a first for everything.

AFK = Away from Keyboard.

Doing nothing in a WZ = Standing around, not attempting to complete an objective. Not attempting to be useful. Hec maybe sending Companions on missions. Running after someone for absolutely no reason. The ball spawns in the middle and you're just standing there just looking at it. I can go on and on, if it is still not clear for you.

These people I have no sympathy for, they already queue up in their PvE gear, when just doing 1-2 days of dailies gets you a complete set of Recruit gear.

So you're telling me that it is perfectly OK to hand out daily PvP comms for just pressing the Queue button, and that it doesnt change anything in PvP, then I will argue that you dont PvP much yourself.

There never was. There is no rated.

You save alot of time on your daily if you win, you get more comms, more xp, more valor, and more credits for winning too.

Isnt that enough?

^^^ This. Also I love star Wars the reason I stay is not story, its the way BW has implemented their version of PVP.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cave_Dweller

i'm a knee-jerk reactionary with absolutely no evidence to support my cynical claims that bw is ruining this game! Validate my neurosis!

hahaha~! love it, quoted for truth!

Well there is the documented drop off of 40% of the subs. How's that for empirical evidence that BW has mismanaged the game?

1. I don't report posts.

2. Cognitive dissonance is a discomfort caused by holding conflicting cognitions (e.g., ideas, beliefs, values, emotional reactions) simultaneously.

Believing that people PvP for fun and that today's patch will cause people to "AFK worse than before" is an example.

Cognitive dissonance is a discomfort caused...

You googled it and still failed to understand... wow

Never though that I would have to explain this but I guess there is a first for everything.

Doing nothing in a WZ = Standing around, not attempting to complete an objective. Not attempting to be useful. Hec maybe sending Companions on missions. Running after someone for absolutely no reason. The ball spawns in the middle and you're just standing there just looking at it. I can go on and on, if it is still not clear for you.

These people I have no sympathy for, they already queue up in their PvE gear, when just doing 1-2 days of dailies gets you a complete set of Recruit gear.

So you're telling me that it is perfectly OK to hand out daily PvP comms for just pressing the Queue button, and that it doesnt change anything in PvP, then I will argue that you dont PvP much yourself.

How has it changed though? People were queuing in PVE gear prior to this change. Now this just gets them out of your hair faster. I'd much rather someone in full PVE gear get their daily done and be done with it and not queue again. The people that were in it just to finish their dailies will now finish them faster and log off.

The REAL PVPers will continue to queue even after they finish their daily because guess what REAL PVPers don't care about the gear grind they care about PVPing.

Edited by JsunJay

I think this may help time will tell. However anything that gets more people to que is a positive step in the right direction. I would rather be in a match then waiting for one. Even if my teamates dont get medals its up to me as an individual to get as many as i can so if everyone else gets 0 but if get my 6 or 8 or 12 or 16 then im getting my rewards. I just thinkg this will enourage more people to que which is the #1 issue with pvp right now.

Really?? How about this RADICAL and CRAZY idea. Make the daily be based on total Medals you callect. Forget winning or loosing, just maybe like 50 Medals completes the daily, and 300 Medals for the Weekly. There problem solved. No handouts, no one quitting, no one not liking to queue because premades will faceroll him, no one will just logoff because they cant get a win that day. And then MAYBE just MAYBE people who queue up will put more effort in winning, regardless of the outcome of the end score.

Do you people ever actually play the game? Or just write stuff on the forums all day?

- If you win you still get rewarded appropriately, and only need to win 3 matches to get ur daily

done.

- Who cares if bad players can get geared up faster. If they still are bad, the gear wont help.

(daily completion only rewards 1 wins worth of commendations anyway)

- No one goes afk anymore, not since player voting was implemented. That was a dead argument from the start.

- This will increase player queuing! Now that everyone has incentive to at least try, this will increase total PvP population in the long run.

Really?? How about this RADICAL and CRAZY idea. Make the daily be based on total Medals you callect. Forget winning or loosing, just maybe like 50 Medals completes the daily, and 300 Medals for the Weekly. There problem solved. No handouts, no one quitting, no one not liking to queue because premades will faceroll him, no one will just logoff because they cant get a win that day. And then MAYBE just MAYBE people who queue up will put more effort in winning, regardless of the outcome of the end score.

Except you can still sit on a node all match long and pull 5+ medals w/o doing a dam thing. So with your solution and your thinking behind it those same people will now be in 10 of your matches getting their 50 medals instead of wasting your time for just 6 matches.

Doing nothing in a WZ = Standing around, not attempting to complete an objective.

And as we proved about 50 times in this thread, those people, either the AFKers OR the "Do Nothings" were already completing their dailies at some rate (based on the quality of the team that carried them).

As of today, those dailies are now completed, at worst, over 6 games.

The only difference between yesterday and today to "those people" is the time it takes to get their "free ride".

In exchange, THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS are now able to complete their dailies..... DAILY. Instead of weekly. THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS who were turned off of PvP (because of constant losses with nothing to show for it), will NOW QUEUE because at least they can PROGRESS.

Stop being a giant cry baby.

99 Comms for daily/weekly is NOTHING. That's less than winning one good game. So losing 6 times, with maybe one medal each time, is going to net these people less than trying and losing 6 times. You're making up a problem that isn't real, because losing your way to gear is not at all effective.

^ This. The people that were trying before will still try. The people that weren't still won't. BUT, the change may encourage NEW people to start PvPing again which is a good thing. Especially considering the Queue times a lot of people complain about.

The change is good.

Sad isn't it. I fear for the future of the US if this kid is an American. We really need to get back to funding education in the US.

Hey, coward. You already lost the argument and surrendered to me. And now you're trying to get in the last word?

And you call me a kid? /laugh

Seems logical to me.

Winners will try and win, losers will coast. Either way who cares? Get a premade together and mow faces until you run into another premade. Then get it on. Connon fodder is needed to practice strats in a low stress environ, use it dont abuse it.

Do you people ever actually play the game? Or just write stuff on the forums all day?

- If you win you still get rewarded appropriately, and only need to win 3 matches to get ur daily

done.

- Who cares if bad players can get geared up faster. If they still are bad, the gear wont help.

(daily completion only rewards 1 wins worth of commendations anyway)

- No one goes afk anymore, not since player voting was implemented. That was a dead argument from the start.

- This will increase player queuing! Now that everyone has incentive to at least try, this will increase total PvP population in the long run.

i dont understand the million complains about all aspects of the game, why do you guys even do it?

its more than clear BW doesnt care and they will do what they want, how they want and when they want.

so stop the complains, just go find something else to do or to play if you dont like tortanic