Thank you for making PvP Worse

Agooz

MMo glider is just an example of a macro based tool. Many are available and they either can't or won't detect them.

Again the point is simple. Once you tie rewards to just participation, you create the loophole to exploit. you can disagree about the extent of the problem but you can't refute the issue.

All Warzones reward participation, pre-today's patch, post today's patch, win or lose.

The only difference between yesterday and today is 99 commendations.

Your entire point that this is a "change" which will "promote cheating/AFKing" is 100% nonsensical and has been disproven many times in this thread.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't undertsand how the vote kick works do you? You can't kick a player who is attacking. So your vote kick won't work against a player botting.

They created a loop hole for this botting by changing the way rewards are established. You can reply all you want to, but that is a fact you cannot change.

Again, wrong.

The change today does nothing except reward players 99 commendations a little sooner than before.

It does nothing to encourage using illegal programs which get your account banned.

You lose yet again.

Edited by Zaodon

All Warzones reward participation, pre-today's patch, post today's patch, win or lose.

Your entire point that this is a "change" which will "promote cheating/AFKing" is 100% nonsensical and has been disproven many times in this thread.

So you still don't understand? The change allows the exploit. when exploits exist people use them.

So you can argue all day if your petty ego requires it. But you are never going to be 'right'.

You simply have an opinion that the exploiting will not be rampant. I am simply stating that the change allows for the exploit.

MMo glider is just an example of a macro based tool. Many are available and they either can't or won't detect them.

Again the point is simple. Once you tie rewards to just participation, you create the loophole to exploit. you can disagree about the extent of the problem but you can't refute the issue.

So ok someone uses this program to afk 6 warzones.... they get their 6 completions and 99 rated and regular comms.... however they contributed nothing to the warzone, and gained no medals so they get no xp, no credits, and no comms.

Net gain over 24hr period = 99 rated and regular warzone comms + EXTREME vulnerability to being detected using a third party program and banned.

99 warzone and rated warzone comms a week = 693 for both. Just enough to buy ONE piece of battlemaster equipment. Again screaming to the sky over something that is not going to give ANYONE an advantage over an ATK player.

LOL now we're adding the imaginary "cheating" argument on top of the "AFK" argument. Anyone else what to add things that were never brought up in the OP? It's "Let me sound like I know what I am talking about regardless of what the OP says Day!".

So you still don't understand? The change allows the exploit.

100% proven false.

Anyone using a bot program could use it yesterday, match after match, and gain commendations. And, statistically, they would end up in winning matches at some rate, thus completing their dailies (which required WINS ONLY) using said cheating programs.

The ONLY DIFFERENCE between yesterday and today, is that the daily now completes after 6 warzones no matter the outcome instead of after "X" where "X" was a variable.

Today's patch does NOTHING WHATSOEVER to ENCOURAGE the use of a cheating program.

You have been summarily owned.

Warzones

Daily Warzone missions now require the completion of 6 Warzone matches. Losing a match counts as 1 completion towards this goal, while winning a match counts as 2 completions.

Is this a six page thread about how the above note will change nothing in this game for those that care about winning, but will allow people that just want to "finish the daily" to just "finish the daily"?

Maybe we should change the daily to "Spend 2 hours logged in" so that people on low pop servers can get theirs done too. I used to "play" a game like that, it was called progressquest.

Edited by Hethroin

So now not only do we have to deal with people who dont care about PvP gear and waltz right in with 0-100 expertise on them, we also have to deal with them no caring about doing anything at all during the game. Awesome decision.

This reminds me of those elementary schools that make the students play competitive sports but without win/loose scenarios. Everyone gets a lollypop.

Great Job PvP Team. You're on a roll.

I have a question: Why would a person not interested in PVP gear/PVPing join a warzone to get a mark on a daily to gain rewards to buy said PVP gear? Beyond this, if they were here yesterday, and you hate that they do not use PVP gear, what is wrong with them having more comms to spend on said gear? Although, spending on said gear seems silly, since they didn't like it yesterday and therefore shouldn't like it today anyway. BEYOND that, doesn't this benefit you? NOW when you are paired with them, you still get a mark on your daily, and can therefore get YOUR gear faster, or whatever it is you spend said comms on. I really see no degradation to you here.

It's not about a combat log or people going afk. I am saying they just made it so there is absolutely NO INCENTIVE to try hard.

Now you've broken from the argument that players who hate or do not use gear had an Incentive based on comms and gear. Beyond that, another poster said it best with his quote on the comms math:

I like the change but I get 99 and 99.

I win and get 120/30= 40 ranked WZ while the daily is 99 Ranked + 99/30 or 129 ranked you can see a single daily nets you out above the ranked WZ reward of 3 wins by 3 commendations if you got 120 WZ commendations per win.

There is every incentive to win.

Now figure in a loss you get around 60 commendations or 20 ranked and you'll see the overall reward between winning and losing is roughly equivalent in ranked WZ's through completion of daily. The winners advantage comes from time and in the time you lose 6 a premade will win 6 coming out 120 ranked commednations ahead or so over that time period.

As you can see, mathematically the players winning still get more. Again, I do not understand why this is an issue.

Why are people on the bandwagon of AFK and Votekick?? Where in the OP did I mention ANYTHING about AFK??

You mentioned that players without expertise will now do nothing and allow the match to culminate in a loss. Please, what is the difference between being AFK and that? I would very much like to know.

AFK? show me where in my OP I complained about AFK and I will be quiet. Again, you just proved you are creating imaginary arguments in your head.

I suppose, unless you can bring a valid argument against my last comment, that you must be quiet now?

So ok someone uses this program to afk 6 warzones.... they get their 6 completions and 99 rated and regular comms.... however they contributed nothing to the warzone, and gained no medals so they get no xp, no credits, and no comms.

Net gain over 24hr period = 99 rated and regular warzone comms + EXTREME vulnerability to being detected using a third party program and banned.

99 warzone and rated warzone comms a week = 693 for both. Just enough to buy ONE piece of battlemaster equipment. Again screaming to the sky over something that is not going to give ANYONE an advantage over an ATK player.

Those kind of tool swill allow the player to recognize the WZ and park their player at point where they could collect defensive medals and it will also target and engage enemies. So they will get medals and still be afk and useless to the team.

Don't shoot the messenger. Just pointing out a well known fact among long time game developers. It is amazing to me that BW made this mistake.

So you still don't understand? The change allows the exploit. when exploits exist people use them.

So you can argue all day if your petty ego requires it. But you are never going to be 'right'.

You simply have an opinion that the exploiting will not be rampant. I am simply stating that the change allows for the exploit.

How was the exploit not being used prior to this change? If you are botting you are doing it while at work/school/sleep w/e. Even before today's patch you could still bot your way to 3 wins because eventually you were going to get those. So now it is faster? That is about it. The botters are still going to bot because they are lazy and want the easy comms. Today's patch isn't going to bring an influx of botters into the game. Unless that is what you are thinking? The exploit was always there since going into a WZ as a bot was a roll of the dice either way. This just speeds up the daily only for them. Still not going to make them stop botting the whole day. Did you think when it was 3 wins people were not botting before? Or do you think because they were botting before they never got their daily completed? Again exploit was always there this didn't change anything just how much faster they finish the daily.

Not that this change really effects anything, but the bads will think it does and that gives them all the more reason to camp a tower and cry about how gear/you aren't good enough so they win every game.

Personally, Im losing my will to log on.

Is this a six page thread about how the above note will change nothing in this game for those that care about winning, but will allow people that just want to "finish the daily" to just "finish the daily"?

Maybe we should change the daily to "Spend 2 hours logged in" so that people on low pop servers can get theirs done too. I used to "play" a game like that, it was called progressquest.

Oh, now we're getting somewhere. So you're saying that this change is to address issues of low population server. WOW, that's amazing. Yea but I think cross server queue would work a lot better :p

FYI, those that care about winning and enjoy the competitive nature of a "good" pvp match, also do not like playing against a team that gets steamrolled. Because it really isnt about "winning" as it is about enjoying pvp. Some of the BEST games I have played were when we lost too.

This change has greatly improved my PVP experience. I can finish my dailies and do other things. Dont listen to forum criers. This was a good and needed change that has improved things big time.

Every WZ i have been in since the change has been knock down drag out WARS cuz nobody quits ANYMORE.

LOVE IT thanks Bioware.

Hmm, yeah, not misusing it. Try Google.

He doesn't understand English any better than he understands logic. It is like arguing with a 4 year old. Ok you win the ignore prize sonce you can't carry on a discussion without crying like a little girl and reporting posts you disagree with.

Edited by AngryBuddhist

Hmm, yeah, not misusing it. Try Google.

/facepalm

Try education... or reading comprehension (have you actually tried Google, you're missing a fairly critical component when you only point out someone potentially holding conflicting cognitions).

The witch hunt about botting is pretty hilarious. In my WZ I see far more people using the low tech solution of standing on top of a node and hitting a key every minute or so to ensure they don't get counted as AFK, as opposed to more sophisicated methods. This low tech method is indistinguishable from someone who just sucks at playing, so you can't catch that programatically and you can't kick them out with a vote because they're not actually AFK (otherwise you'd end up kicking out your own guys on D who may not be fighting anyone for a while).

This change has greatly improved my PVP experience. I can finish my dailies and do other things. Dont listen to forum criers. This was a good and needed change that has improved things big time.

Every WZ i have been in since the change has been knock down drag out WARS cuz nobody quits ANYMORE.

LOVE IT thanks Bioware.

LOL nice. Yea all them idiots who stay in a WZ instead of quitting, really ruined PvP :p

Just makes the exploit easier. Again... the point is simple. Rewards based solely on participation encourage botting.

So you are assuming/suggesting because of this change more people will be botting? It still doesn't take away the risk of running the bot. I highly doubt someone is going to not only drop the money for the bot(the good ones are not free) but also risk their account just so they can get their 6 wz games played for their 99/coms. Botting will still happen (though I have yet to see it every happen on my server) regardless of what the daily/weekly is. The reward for the daily/weekly is nothing to what a botter gets in span of 8-10hours of running the bot while they do something else.

He doesn't understand English any better than he understands logic. It is like arguing with a 4 year old. Ok you win the ignore prize sonce you can't carry on a discussion without crying like a little girl and reporting posts you disagree with.

1. I don't report posts.

2. Cognitive dissonance is a discomfort caused by holding conflicting cognitions (e.g., ideas, beliefs, values, emotional reactions) simultaneously.

Believing that people PvP for fun and that today's patch will cause people to "AFK worse than before" is an example.