Thank you for making PvP Worse

Agooz

That's absurd. Winning still provides significantly more commendations. The difference between a win and a loss can be the reward for the daily. Goodness why do you folks post such easily disproved nonsense?

OMG people, are you guys even trying to understand the concept? Why do you assume that everyone is the same and plays the game the same way.

There ARE currently a TON of players, who just "dont care", queue up with 0-100 expertise, contribute very little, mainly due to their gear. Now this change, makes them even not worry about contributing at all. That ruins the fun factor not just for the ones that are on their team, but believe it or not, also for the other side that is steam rolling them.

Yes, I guess I am crazy to want a pvp concept, where the majority of even 50% of the games are very competitive, and winning actually requires the majority of the team to participate.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't understand our innate drive to compete, do you? Have you ever played a non-competitive, friendly pick-up game of basketball or flag football? Have you noticed how intense it gets, after a short time?

Competition is in our nature, and is reinforced through peer pressure. Your claims are not only unsupported by evidence, they're also unsupported by neuropsychology.

You obviously haven't played many grind based MMO's. Your opinion isn't supported by observation.

The vote kick won't work either because the player will get a warning and run over and shoot someone and stay in the WZ. You can even configure MMO glider to do this for you. Welcome back to auto-bot AFK Wz days.

There ARE currently a TON of players, who just "dont care", queue up with 0-100 expertise, contribute very little, mainly due to their gear. Now this change, makes them even not worry about contributing at all.

The above claim is 100% false.

Again, cognitive dissonance.

You think that people fall into "two groups", those that do it "for fun and competition", and those that "do it for rewards only", and that today's change magically turns the 1st kind (for fun and competition) into the 2nd kind.

Bzzt.

People who were AFKing after 1 medal yesterday will AFK after 1 medal today.

But there does not exist anyone, anywhere, who played hard yesterday but will AFK today. That is made up B.S.

You must really enjoy creating imaginary arguments and counter arguments in your head. You're wrong. I didnt say it would turn the 1st Kind into the 2nd Kind, YOU DID. I am saying it will make the 2nd kind even worse.

OMG people, are you guys even trying to understand the concept? Why do you assume that everyone is the same and plays the game the same way.

There ARE currently a TON of players, who just "dont care", queue up with 0-100 expertise, contribute very little, mainly due to their gear. Now this change, makes them even not worry about contributing at all. That ruins the fun factor not just for the ones that are on their team, but believe it or not, also for the other side that is steam rolling them.

Yes, I guess I am crazy to want a pvp concept, where the majority of even 50% of the games are very competitive, and winning actually requires the majority of the team to participate.

You are literally missing every single counterargument posted to your claims.

99 Comms for daily/weekly is NOTHING. That's less than winning one good game. So losing 6 times, with maybe one medal each time, is going to net these people less than trying and losing 6 times. You're making up a problem that isn't real, because losing your way to gear is not at all effective.

^^^^^ This. Couldn't have said it better myself. You are NEVER going to gear up in a timely fashion joining a warzone and doing nothing for 6 matches

People who were AFKing after 1 medal yesterday will AFK after 1 medal today.

But there does not exist anyone, anywhere, who played hard yesterday but will AFK today. That is made up B.S.

"cognitive dissonance" I don't think you truly grasp the meaning of this word.

And your absolute statement, "But there does not exist anyone, anywhere, who played hard yesterday but will AFK today" is nonsense. That is a stupid assumption. When conditions changes, motivations change.

You must really enjoy creating imaginary arguments and counter arguments in your head. You're wrong. I didnt say it would turn the 1st Kind into the 2nd Kind, YOU DID. I am saying it will make the 2nd kind even worse.

Someone who AFK'd yesterday, that AFKs today, can't "AFK worse".

Explain to the forum how someone will "AFK worse" ?

Your posts are getting dumber and dumber by the minute...

This is what you said:

I am saying they just made it so there is absolutely NO INCENTIVE to try hard.

That statement is provably false. You are making a different point now. That point being that some people will now not try at all and just do the daily. Of course, that's possible, but that is not the contention you offered. You stated that there was NO (as in 0, nothing, nada) incentive to try hard. That is not true.

The point you're making now is hyperbole. Yes, there will be some folks who won't try at all. I don't think this will be a major problem, because there is AMPLE incentive to at least try.

Once again:

If i win a game and get 8+ medals (fairly easy to do when not going up against a premade and part of an even half-way decent team ) i get about 120 or so comms.

For the daily/weekly i get 99 comms.

See the difference?

Making an effort and winning nets me FAR more commendations. In the games it took to get the 99 for the daily I can easily get nearly 4 times that many commendations. The daily/weekly is just a bonus, it's not a major way to get gear. Even losing 6 games, I can often get 6+ medals (even against a premade), which can net me a good 50-60 comms in those games. So at the end of them, i'll have made 3 times as many comms from making an effort AND losing, than from the daily. It's just a bonus for my effort. What's the problem?

I like the change but I get 99 and 99.

I win and get 120/30= 40 ranked WZ while the daily is 99 Ranked + 99/30 or 129 ranked you can see a single daily nets you out above the ranked WZ reward of 3 wins by 3 commendations if you got 120 WZ commendations per win.

There is every incentive to win.

Now figure in a loss you get around 60 commendations or 20 ranked and you'll see the overall reward between winning and losing is roughly equivalent in ranked WZ's through completion of daily. The winners advantage comes from time and in the time you lose 6 a premade will win 6 coming out 120 ranked commednations ahead or so over that time period.

And your absolute statement, "But there does not exist anyone, anywhere, who played hard yesterday but will AFK today" is nonsense. That is a stupid assumption. When conditions changes, motivations change.

Its 100% factual.

Prove me wrong.

^^^^^ This. Couldn't have said it better myself. You are NEVER going to gear up in a timely fashion joining a warzone and doing nothing for 6 matches

Using a tool like MMO glider will allow these people to gear up 24/7 when they aren't even at the PC. They will gear up every night when they get home from work and see how many comms the mo glider got them that day.

You obviously haven't played many grind based MMO's. Your opinion isn't supported by observation.

The vote kick won't work either because the player will get a warning and run over and shoot someone and stay in the WZ. You can even configure MMO glider to do this for you. Welcome back to auto-bot AFK Wz days.

When your doomsday scenario becomes rampant, be sure to let me know.

Man you are a tool aren't you?

Prove you wrong? Don't be stupid. You prove your absolute argument and good luck with that Mr. Logic.

I don't have to prove anything, I'm not the one making the original claim that today's patch will turn "hard players" into "AFKers", or after he moved the goalposts, claiming that "AFKers will..um...derp...um... afk worse... yeah, that's the ticket."

I don't have to prove anything, I'm not the one making the original claim that today's patch will turn "hard players" into "AFKers", or after he moved the goalposts, claiming that "AFKers will..um...derp...um... afk worse... yeah, that's the ticket."

You made the absolute claim and you can't prove it. That was the response to you.

My point is simply that when you make the rewards based on participation you create a loop hole that MMO glider can exploit.

My point is simply that when you make the rewards based on participation you create a loop hole that MMO glider can exploit.

Again, completely false.

Nothing changed to AFKing through warzones from yesterday to today. Nothing, Zip. Nada. Its absolutely identical.

- You queue

- You AFK

- You get kicked

The only changes to Warzones for today's patch are for people who play thru and don't get kicked, but lose anyway.

Someone who AFK'd yesterday, that AFKs today, can't "AFK worse".

Explain to the forum how someone will "AFK worse" ?

Your posts are getting dumber and dumber by the minute...

AFK? show me where in my OP I complained about AFK and I will be quiet. Again, you just proved you are creating imaginary arguments in your head.

Not doomsday... just a valid point. what's your problem in recognizing differing opinions?

What about your opinion makes it valid? MMO glider can, and has been, detected, and knowing how EA likes to jump the gun on bans, how many people do you think are going to take the chance? You're over-representing a potential situation based on past, probably anecdotal, experience.

Edited by Cave_Dweller

What about your opinion makes it valid? MMO glider can, and has been, detected, and knowing how EA likes to jump the gun on bans, how many people do you think are going to take the chance? You're over-representing a potential situation based on past, probably anecdotal, experience.

MMo glider is just an example of a macro based tool. Many are available and they either can't or won't detect them.

Again the point is simple. Once you tie rewards to just participation, you create the loophole to exploit. you can disagree about the extent of the problem but you can't refute the issue.

In any sport, the good players carry their team, the bad players... well they just whine on the official forums.

This should be moved as sticky in the PvP forums.

You have my respect mister.

You seriously need to seek medical attention. In the OP, I didnt say "hard players" becoming worse, or ANYTHING about AFKers. But of course, continue making up exaggerated arguments about statements that dont exist in the OP.

Again, completely false.

Nothing changed to AFKing through warzones from yesterday to today. Nothing, Zip. Nada. Its absolutely identical.

- You queue

- You AFK

- You get kicked

The only changes to Warzones for today's patch are for people who play thru and don't get kicked, but lose anyway.

You don't undertsand how the vote kick works do you? You can't kick a player who is attacking. So your vote kick won't work against a player botting.

They created a loop hole for this botting by changing the way rewards are established. You can reply all you want to, but that is a fact you cannot change.