Thank you for making PvP Worse

Agooz

So now not only do we have to deal with people who dont care about PvP gear and waltz right in with 0-100 expertise on them, we also have to deal with them no caring about doing anything at all during the game. Awesome decision.

This reminds me of those elementary schools that make the students play competitive sports but without win/loose scenarios. Everyone gets a lollypop.

Great Job PvP Team. You're on a roll.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

99 Comms for daily/weekly is NOTHING. That's less than winning one good game. So losing 6 times, with maybe one medal each time, is going to net these people less than trying and losing 6 times. You're making up a problem that isn't real, because losing your way to gear is not at all effective.

So now not only do we have to deal with people who dont care about PvP gear and waltz right in with 0-100 expertise on them, we also have to deal with them no caring about doing anything at all during the game. Awesome decision.

This reminds me of those elementary schools that make the students play competitive sports but without win/loose scenarios. Everyone gets a lollypop.

i completely agree with you, There's no more incentive to win if all you have to do is play. no one will actually try to win, they will just coast it.

Edited by RiP_AzaZeL

Post a combat log, or it didn't happen.

It's not about a combat log or people going afk. I am saying they just made it so there is absolutely NO INCENTIVE to try hard.

It's not about a combat log or people going afk. I am saying they just made it so there is absolutely NO INCENTIVE to try hard.

There never was. There is no rated.

You save alot of time on your daily if you win, you get more comms, more xp, more valor, and more credits for winning too.

Isnt that enough?

You don't understand our innate drive to compete, do you? Have you ever played a non-competitive, friendly pick-up game of basketball or flag football? Have you noticed how intense it gets, after a short time?

Competition is in our nature, and is reinforced through peer pressure. Your claims are not only unsupported by evidence, they're also unsupported by neuropsychology.

3 wins: 360 commendations

6 losses (1 medal earned each): 60 commendations

You're right, there is NO incentive to win.....

Not.

L2P.

I'm bored, +1

Edited by Pistols

There never was. There is no rated.

You save alot of time on your daily if you win, you get more comms, more xp, more valor, and more credits for winning too.

Isnt that enough?

Yea because maybe unlike you, a lot of us PvPers PvP for the fun and the competitive nature of it. I dont care so much about comms, certainly care nothing at all about xp at 50, can care less about valor since it serves no purpose at all besides wearing crafted war hero gear, and I can get 10x more credits running dailies. So you want to just argue for the sake of arguing? or are you one of those who dont care about PvP gear to better yourself, and now just glad that you can just enter a WZ and stand around dancing with your Orokeet and be done with you daily?

Once again:

If i win a game and get 8+ medals (fairly easy to do when not going up against a premade and part of an even half-way decent team ) i get about 120 or so comms.

For the daily/weekly i get 99 comms.

See the difference?

Making an effort and winning nets me FAR more commendations. In the games it took to get the 99 for the daily I can easily get nearly 4 times that many commendations. The daily/weekly is just a bonus, it's not a major way to get gear. Even losing 6 games, I can often get 6+ medals (even against a premade), which can net me a good 50-60 comms in those games. So at the end of them, i'll have made 3 times as many comms from making an effort AND losing, than from the daily. It's just a bonus for my effort. What's the problem?

Yea because maybe unlike you, a lot of us PvPers PvP for the fun and the competitive nature of it. I dont care so much about comms, certainly care nothing at all about xp at 50, can care less about valor since it serves no purpose at all besides wearing crafted war hero gear, and I can get 10x more credits running dailies. So you want to just argue for the sake of arguing? or are you one of those who dont care about PvP gear to better yourself, and now just glad that you can just enter a WZ and stand around dancing with your Orokeet and be done with you daily?

The above paragraph completely contradicts itself.

It claims that people PvP for "fun and competition", and therefore with this change people will "get 1 medal and afk."

This is called "cognitive dissonance." Google it.

Well you said there was no incentive, i told you there was and gave examples. Stop being a child.

You say you care about pvp gear but dont care about comms: Tell me what you use to purchase said gear again?

Stop QQ'ing on the forums about a non-existent problem. Vote-kick any afker and move on.

This strikes me as a people are idiots argument far more then anything of beware's fault. If you sign up for say a rec league sport and get someone on your team out of shape who doesn't even try because "he doesn't think the reward is worthwhile" you blame that dude for being a dope, not the league for letting him play and not giving him enough reason to want to get in reasonable shape and attempt to be useful.

Perhaps we should look to the mentality of those who don't make any effort to put their best foot forward before we cast stones biowares way for providing additional opportunities for newcomers and alts to get on competitive footing.

The above paragraph completely contradicts itself.

It claims that people PvP for "fun and competition", and therefore with this change people will "get 1 medal and afk."

This is called "cognitive dissonance." Google it.

Trying to sound smart, and actually being one are two completely different things. If you read my post and understood it correctly, like it should have been understood, you'd see that I am separating between two kinds of people who pvp. But I guess that went right over your head.

There should be incentive to play after getting your 6 game rewards. Kind of like how pre 1.2, we would still PVP to get wins even after our 3 dailies win, so we could get additional champ bags.

WZ comms for Battlemaster or war hero gear....

That's absurd. Winning still provides significantly more commendations. The difference between a win and a loss can be the reward for the daily. Goodness why do you folks post such easily disproved nonsense?

Well you said there was no incentive, i told you there was and gave examples. Stop being a child.

You say you care about pvp gear but dont care about comms: Tell me what you use to purchase said gear again?

Stop QQ'ing on the forums about a non-existent problem. Vote-kick any afker and move on.

Why are people on the bandwagon of AFK and Votekick?? Where in the OP did I mention ANYTHING about AFK??

Trying to sound smart, and actually being one are two completely different things. If you read my post and understood it correctly, like it should have been understood, you'd see that I am separating between two kinds of people who pvp. But I guess that went right over your head.

Again, cognitive dissonance.

You think that people fall into "two groups", those that do it "for fun and competition", and those that "do it for rewards only", and that today's change magically turns the 1st kind (for fun and competition) into the 2nd kind.

Bzzt.

People who were AFKing after 1 medal yesterday will AFK after 1 medal today.

But there does not exist anyone, anywhere, who played hard yesterday but will AFK today. That is made up B.S.