If this game goes....

because just not playing a mmo isn't an option.

This statement here makes plain that the reason mmo developers can get away with putting out crap and still make money is the same reason drug dealers who sell low quality drugs still make money.

Pretty generalized statement. Actually, I play MMO's as a means to socialize with friends and relatives around the country, as opposed to just poking them on Facebook. We all found something we enjoy. A lot of us have spent last month debating sticking out this or going back to WoW. And if the fact we don't get annoyed to the point we start writing flaming posts about what's wrong with blah blah blah and dropping subs is proof that devs don't have a clue makes your reply true, so be it. We enjoy the social aspect MMO's provide, more than anything else.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is a far cry from being on its last legs. If they address population issues by combining servers and or introducing cross server WZ ques the game will be fine. Losing 24% of the initial playerbase is actually less than have the expect loss of subs. I would venture a guess that a lot of people who have not played are waiting for rated WZs and cross server ques.

The game is fine now, despite what the local minority want to believe.

If this game goes to a Free to Play model, I may possibly return to it and continue to play it as a 2nd game along side GW2.

According to CNBC , this may not be a complete pipe dream..24% decline in subs that EA is admitting to at least is always a good sign :)

Have a great day folks!

Okie dokie. Thanks for that riveting update. I was concerned about what you'd be doing in the future and it's gratifying to finally have that answer.

See you then! In the meantime don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out.

Okie dokie. Thanks for that riveting update. I was concerned about what you'd be doing in the future and it's gratifying to finally have that answer.

See you then! In the meantime don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out.

Now that I have that info, I'm not sure what I'm going to do without him... I have to go and drown myself in whiskey now. Q.Q

What do GW2 and SWTOR have in common?

They're both extremely overhyped games with absolutely terrible pvp and no class balancing that refuse to communicate with their playerbases and can't handle negative feedback.

The GW2 beta forums were full of realization that the game is not going to live up to anyone's expectations- of course, at least Anet had a bit more sense than BW and banned all the naysayers- if BW would have done the same since day one at least the forums might have looked nice.

apparently according to the fans GW2 will ONLY have cosmetic items in the cash shop.. That's it!! so basically everybody can just ignore the cash shop and never use it because nobody will care about cool looking characters.

and then if they do that. the developers made a stance they would not be more aggressive with their cash shop. basically they will opt to lose money so long as the players are enjoying their game.

Heard that story before.

Spoiler alert! It's a bunch of crap.

When the in-game tutorial teaches you how to "use the cash shop", it's a minor plug. When the patch notes reveal that the new story arcs are available only to the "premium" members, who just so happen to have to buy special shop cash in order to access the content, it's a bit of an annoyance. When they tell you that the only way you can use the remaining ten augmenting slots to make your character more powerful is by purchasing the "Titan's Bundle", it's pretty damn clear that they are willing to lose money for your "enjoyment", but only if you're willing to be a complete waste of pixels for the rest of your game career.

When GW2 comes out, I will check it out. But after what I've seen with the other titles, I won't be tossing out the receipt anytime soon.

What do GW2 and SWTOR have in common?

They're both extremely overhyped games with absolutely terrible pvp and no class balancing that refuse to communicate with their playerbases and can't handle negative feedback.

The GW2 beta forums were full of realization that the game is not going to live up to anyone's expectations- of course, at least Anet had a bit more sense than BW and banned all the naysayers- if BW would have done the same since day one at least the forums might have looked nice.

lol they actually banned them?

awesome move. i would love to see a few trolls . (not all) banned. only the really vicious ones.

This game is a far cry from being on its last legs. If they address population issues by combining servers and or introducing cross server WZ ques the game will be fine.

I wouldn't go so far to say the game is on its last legs, but there's certainly not a substantial growth spurt on the horizon. As the analysts have said, its reasonable to assume the population will stabilize around 1 million players.

I'm on Ajunta Pall, one of the more populated US servers. Last night, after trying for 30 minutes to get a group together for a mid-level flashpoint, I just gave up. After that I logged onto the imp side. In a guild of 130 people there was one person on. It was me.

If F2P will bring more players in I welcome it. At the very least, they should do the first 30 levels free.

Meh, if SWTOR goes F2P id quit. I just hate that play2win model. That said if it went B2P (buy to play) like GW then I wouldnt mind it. PvP to level up, only play for the class story, buy an expansion to that story every now and then. Pretty sweet deal IMO. Of course they'd practically have to fix the PvP=side game thing they have going under that model.

Thank way I can play TERA which ive been itching to get into (officially in the NA release) but cant justify leaving TOR for it or paying for 2 MMO's at once + time constraints.

P.S: Dont think thatll really happen any time soon. Plus EA is just as likely to just cut their losses and shut down the game as they are going through all the work of converting this game to F2P.

Edited by MasterKayote

If this game goes to a Free to Play model, I may possibly return to it and continue to play it as a 2nd game along side GW2.

According to CNBC , this may not be a complete pipe dream..24% decline in subs that EA is admitting to at least is always a good sign :)

Have a great day folks!

Okay so you're gonna make a game that has an ENDING and won't see any major content updates outside of expansions your main game.. Okay cool have fun with that. Not saying come back to SWToR but you GW2 people are in for an extremely rude awakening.

I just bought this game a few weeks ago. It's the best game I've ever played, by FAR. I love it, just the way it is! Well, except for the laggy bits, and I wish the graphics were a little better (like having weather and such). I wonder if they'd keep more "beginners" like me if it looked better.

Okay so you're gonna make a game that has an ENDING and won't see any major content updates outside of expansions your main game.. Okay cool have fun with that. Not saying come back to SWToR but you GW2 people are in for an extremely rude awakening.

I agree with this. GW 2 is as over hyped as SWTOR was and will have an equal letdown.

The GW 2 hype sounds about the exact same as the Rift hype prior to launch and the warts on the game are starting to leak out of the closed Beta environment.

The only thing saving GW 2 from all the negative attention will be the fact its not a sub based game hence there will be no subscription numbers to show how bad the game is going.

Have a great day folks!

Then you can take my spot, because I'll be leaving if it goes F2P. I have no interest in F2P games. If it gets that bad, you can have it.

"If they stop charging people for this game, so it not only increases in population, but doesn't cost me money..I'm going to unsub."

Uhm.. What? Going F2P is no longer a death sentence. Just look at STO/Champs/Team Fortress 2

imo for a mmo it is, there is notting to charge to get money from and pay too keep the game running, some posts inhere said they are ok with looks being the part you buy with RL money, but for me not in a mmo, the one that gets to look the coolest is the one that puts in the most effort and not the one that has the biggest wallet.

I love how people say "If this goes F2P i will quit" it just makes me laugh cause in the end you wont quit.

People say F2P games are Pay to win, well Guild Wars1 and soon to be 2 says otherwise as it does fine F2P and there is no way to pay to win in the game.

Now if we see another large drop in subs for the next quarter 25%+ i can see this game going F2P hopefully a F2P model like DC Universe where you have basic features for free and full features for P2P or maybe doing what GW2 does and have mainly cosmetic items in its ingame store. But the only way i see this game losing that many subs is if we still dont have transfers/merges or they added too late and let say they announce content for 1.3 and decide to pull some main things from it hours before release.

I would personally love it if SWTOR was free to play.

IMO, I already bought the game, paying a subscription to play it offends me.

I never played WoW because of this.

I broke down and did it with this game because I loved the KOTOR series so much.

If they wanted to charge a fee for major updates, I'd be ok with that with the clause:

They should not be required to play. They should include certain benefits to encourage thier purchase.

Anyhow, that's my pipe dream.

Still love the game.