If this game goes....

no cause every F2p Game is a Pay to win game and they suck. without paying tons of cash ya wont have any endgame what soever or ya cant do the endgame stuff cause ya have to pay for the gear that makes you able to do it F2p games are nothing more then a ripoff

pretty much this.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we WILL have to pay for it, and we'd be paying a lot more than $15 a month. Want to enter Voss? Pay seven dollars. Want to use this speeder skill? That'll be four dollars. Want to learn the Biochem skill? Three dollars, please. Want to recruit Blizz? Nine dollars American.

Free 2 Play is Pay 2 Enjoy, otherwise you're playing a truly watered down version of the game. The only F2P game I can stomach is LotRO, and that pay model seems to be the one model no one else uses.

Thats free 2 play done wrong and yes it would destroy the game even faster than it is now, but if bioware have any sense, and im sure they have some they would adopt the guild wars style F2P which is no where near a pay 2 win game and micro transactions are primarily a cosmetic thing only.

Edited by MadMossy

Because it means development for the game is crippled by a lack of resources from EA.

Maybe, but if the subs are too low, dont we have the same situation?

in anycase i know alot of F2P MMOs that do fine in the creation of content.

The people that want F2P, have no idea what F2P means...for me, it means back to Azeroth

nah, nevah

it was fun and all, but going back to that thing that kept me awake 'till 2 AM for some boss kills?:p

...ironically, this game could have saved others from death but not itself :) the perfect medicine for me, as i have all but forgotten that which shall not be named :p

No matter what way you look at it swtor is a sinking ship..

1.3 million players across 38 countries, thats barely 35,000 people per country, no wonder most servers feel empty. It's because they are!

I've lost the will to play and the only reason I log in now is because there's nothing else worth playing, and the fact I handed over a rediculous amount of money for the collectors edition and 6 months subscription because I had faith in BW, that faith has long since vanished.

One thing swtor has certainly taught me, ignore all hype. Roll on next tuesday for D3 and hopefully the next GW2 BWE at the end of this month.

Edited by MadMossy

No matter what way you look at it swtor is a sinking ship..

1.3 million players across 38 countries, thats barely 35,000 people per country, no wonder most servers feel empty. It's because they are!

I've lost the will to play and the only reason I log in now is because there's nothing else worth playing, and the fact I handed over a rediculous amount of money for the collectors edition and 6 months subscription because I had faith in BW, that faith has long since vanished.

One thing swtor has certainly taught me, ignore all hype.

Wrong information there, 1.3 million subscribers and then they released to 38 new countries in Europe and the Middle East.

And more often than not ends up costing more than a p2p game.

The only F2P game that I know of which has been very successful is Guild Wars, because it really is free to play and the only reason to spend money is if you want a different look, but no matter what you cannot pay 2 win.

Wrong information there, 1.3 million subscribers and then they released to 38 new countries in Europe and the Middle East.

Doesn't matter if its right or wrong, the game is on its last legs, this coupled with the total lack of communication from the developers means this game is just another notch on the failed mmo list, along with warhammer, age of canon and countless others.

"If they stop charging people for this game, so it not only increases in population, but doesn't cost me money..I'm going to unsub."

Uhm.. What? Going F2P is no longer a death sentence. Just look at STO/Champs/Team Fortress 2

Edited by Maximum_Aaron

If this game goes to a Free to Play model, I may possibly return to it and continue to play it as a 2nd game along side GW2.

According to CNBC , this may not be a complete pipe dream..24% decline in subs that EA is admitting to at least is always a good sign :)

Have a great day folks!

Sure feels like a F2P game, so why shouldn't it become one?

The people that want F2P, have no idea what F2P means...for me, it means back to Azeroth

because just not playing a mmo isn't an option.

This statement here makes plain that the reason mmo developers can get away with putting out crap and still make money is the same reason drug dealers who sell low quality drugs still make money.

I also consider P2P to be a good "troll filter" that keeps the young kids without credit cards out of the game. Sure, there will always be trolls in P2P, but F2P is MUCH worse, in my experience. People who pay are also more likely to be more dedicated to the game, making for friends who log in more consistently.

Thats free 2 play done wrong and yes it would destroy the game even faster than it is now, but if bioware have any sense, and im sure they have some they would adopt the guild wars style F2P which is no where near a pay 2 win game and micro transactions are primarily a cosmetic thing only.

Cosmetic is a very strong word, considering that charging solely for cosmetic items is a huge gamble. If the customer can obtain the items in game already, they won't be as likely to buy. If you restrict the best stuff to the shop, then you are no better than F2P done wrong, who restrict the high value content behind a pricetag which has already been done by NCsoft already. I don't see Guild Wars 2 being truly "free", I just see another City of Heroes: Freedom. All the stuff you want that's already in the game requires a valid credit card. It's like buying Day One DLC every single day. At least with Pay 2 Play, they just give me the content, whether I want it or not.

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

Doesn't matter if its right or wrong, the game is on its last legs, this coupled with the total lack of communication from the developers means this game is just another notch on the failed mmo list, along with warhammer, age of canon and countless others.

ok we get it. you are just trying to hammer this into everybody's head aren't you?

you're not satisfied. WE GET IT.

last legs, blah blah blah final days.. game will have 10k subs in 3 months. ok. please start discussing other things now like maybe how to make the game better for you.

If this game goes to a Free to Play model, I may possibly return to it and continue to play it as a 2nd game along side GW2.

According to CNBC , this may not be a complete pipe dream..24% decline in subs that EA is admitting to at least is always a good sign :)

Have a great day folks!

Hope it will never go F2P so you and all other moaners will not come back, have a nice day folk!

ftp kills games, you wont be alone

if the op wants to play let him stump up the sub like the people here

apparently according to the fans GW2 will ONLY have cosmetic items in the cash shop.. That's it!! so basically everybody can just ignore the cash shop and never use it because nobody will care about cool looking characters.

and then if they do that. the developers made a stance they would not be more aggressive with their cash shop. basically they will opt to lose money so long as the players are enjoying their game.