If this game goes....

If this game goes to a Free to Play model, I may possibly return to it and continue to play it as a 2nd game along side GW2.

According to CNBC , this may not be a complete pipe dream..24% decline in subs that EA is admitting to at least is always a good sign :)

Have a great day folks!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, personally I have no idea why they haven't already. It's well known that the ability to do such is in the code already and it's been proven to massively lift numbers and make lots of money for the game.

I imagine it has something to do with not wanting to look like a failure or like they're not an actual premium MMO.

I'm pretty sure, they've already failed on both counts according to most posts now days.

If this game goes to a Free to Play model, I may possibly return to it and continue to play it as a 2nd game along side GW2.

According to CNBC , this may not be a complete pipe dream..24% decline in subs that EA is admitting to at least is always a good sign :)

Have a great day folks!

Sub retention from box sales is still above average for an MMO.

Well, personally I have no idea why they haven't already. It's well known that the ability to do such is in the code already and it's been proven to massively lift numbers and make lots of money for the game.

I imagine it has something to do with not wanting to look like a failure or like they're not an actual premium MMO.

I'm pretty sure, they've already failed on both counts according to most posts now days.

You judge the success/failure of a game based on the official forums? LOL.

Have a great day folks!

u return on empty servers

Have a great day folks!

the game will never go free to play. sorry you didn't like it

I would be very much surprised if Swtor doesn't go free to play in the near future, with the recent statistics and conference call recording from EA with regards the business as a whole it seems investors and share holders want to capitalise on the whole micro transactions thing which for a game like starwars would be ideal from a financial stand point.

As for saying F2P doesnt work, well guild wars 1 managed to sell over 7 million copies and as that games entire business model was based on box sales and micro transactions I'd say it did pretty darn well. After all its considered the second most successful MMO to date, beaten only by World of Warcraft.

As for saying F2P doesnt work, well guild wars 1 managed to sell over 7 million copies and as that games entire business model was based on box sales and micro transactions I'd say it did pretty darn well. After all its considered the second most successful MMO to date, beaten only by World of Warcraft.

GW1 is not an MMO, even ArenaNet doesn't call it one. It's a CORPG...Cooperative Online Role Playing Game.

Have a great day folks!

Thanks for sharing your personal information. We'll alert the media.

"Free to play" is codeword for "you will spend more than ever have" in a mmo if you wan't to play anything other than a miserable lite version of the game.

MMOs go F2P when they know they are past their peak and future growth isn't possible.

They use that "F2P" model as an excuse to tax their loyal still existing player base on their inevitable way out.

With the exception of a couple of games that did it right, I will not support most "F2P" games as the title almost always ends up being deceiving and dishonest.

Why? Why will you quit simply because you won't have to pay for it?

Because we WILL have to pay for it, and we'd be paying a lot more than $15 a month. Want to enter Voss? Pay seven dollars. Want to use this speeder skill? That'll be four dollars. Want to learn the Biochem skill? Three dollars, please. Want to recruit Blizz? Nine dollars American.

Free 2 Play is Pay 2 Enjoy, otherwise you're playing a truly watered down version of the game. The only F2P game I can stomach is LotRO, and that pay model seems to be the one model no one else uses.

if swtor becomes F2P i will quit....

Same here ....

DCUO went "free" to play, the revenue for the game went up 700%. Just because there is no monthly fee doesn't mean the game is "free".

Edited by Balrizangor

Have a great day folks!

Link the article please.... that would help.

Why? Why will you quit simply because you won't have to pay for it?

no cause every F2p Game is a Pay to win game and they suck. without paying tons of cash ya wont have any endgame what soever or ya cant do the endgame stuff cause ya have to pay for the gear that makes you able to do it F2p games are nothing more then a ripoff

GW1 is not an MMO, even ArenaNet doesn't call it one. It's a CORPG...Cooperative Online Role Playing Game.

Wouldnt call swtor an MMO either if you wanna be that picky, hell I wouldnt even call it a CORPG either as you spend 99.9% of your game time playing solo anyway.