If SWTOR lost 70% of its subs.....

Master-Nala

You must have also learned the old version of English when you attended "Collage" (love the capitalization as well).

All kidding aside, I was just trying to make a point through exaggeration, like the above posted said.

I also liked your Mos Eisely and Dantooine reference :D

because of course it makes sense, both of them being Planets... or Citties... whatever ;-)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

in order to put this community down.

this game just needs to shutter the servers and move on. Its tireless and committed team of trolls and complainers have this game on their cross hairs. i mean you have people literally COMBING the internet for anything bad and then posting it here.

and no matter how crappy any new game released will be. TOR will still continue to carry the full brunt of these people's hatred. GW2 sucks? blame TOR TSW sucks? blame TOR.

until this game has nothing left in it. then and only then will people leave it alone and move the hate train onward.

Edited by chrisftw

except bioware already said that anything above 500k subs would be more then enough profit wise.. and you say to get a clue... lol

I love how many experts are on these forums. It makes not having a magazine subscription worth it.

Being profitable, and being profitable while putting out awesome new content are not the same thing.

If subs dropped to 500,000 you would have the fanboys in here saying "500,000 is still a good amount for a new mmo". :D

500K subs is BW's break even baseline and BW is doing everything they can to get there--from the nerfing of the classes by devs who do not at all play the game so they don't have a clue as to how the class actually functions to taking the system down to deploy a patch that should have been pushed out during the regular maintenance downtime so people lose 2 days of game play for the 3d time in 4 or 5 weeks...the 3 Stooges could run this show better than the current crop of incompetent flunkies--there is absolutely no valid excuse to take the system down again, none whatsoever. WE PAY TO PLAY, IF THE SYSTEM IS DOWN THAT MEANS WE CAN'T PLAY BUT WE WON'T GET ANY PLAYTIME GIVEN BACK TO US...I'm not sure what it is about this concept BW does not understand especially when the patches are fixing nothing that's gamebreaking...this is just inexcusably ridiculous...

They wouldnt still make money, because this is the most expensive mmo and if they cant break even then its a huge loss

$7.5 million a month with 500,000 subs sounds good to me, and $120 million msrp on initial sales...

i'm sure they'll sleep fine tonight.

except bioware already said that anything above 500k subs would be more then enough profit wise.. and you say to get a clue... lol

I love how many experts are on these forums. It makes not having a magazine subscription worth it.

If I recall, EA CEO said that....

"We previously described to folks that 500,000 subscribers saw the game as substantially profitable, but it's not the kind of thing that we would write home about," he said. "[but] anything north of 1 million subscribers is a very profitable business."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/star-wars-the-old-republic-needs-only-500k-subscribers-ea-6297338

this game just needs to shutter the servers and move on. Its tireless and committed team of trolls and complainers have this game on their cross hairs. i mean you have people literally COMBING the internet for anything bad and then posting it here.

and no matter how crappy any new game released will be. TOR will still continue to carry the full brunt of these people's hatred. GW2 sucks? blame TOR TSW sucks? blame TOR.

until this game has nothing left in it. then and only then will people leave it alone and move the hate train onward.

have to say that this brought me tars in my eyes... *sigh*

So...this has to be the new math they tried after I left Collage...But, Let me get this Straight. 400k is close to a million?:eek: I guess you could say Mos Eisely is close to Dantooine:p

Sorry but a million is more accurate. 2.2 million units sold and they are down to 1.3 million subs. That is including the people that unsubbed after 6 months but got the 30 days free. So the 1.3 is slightly inflated. So the loss of people that quit after the first 30days, 3months and 6months will reflect a number around a million or so. Sorry but logic dictates that there is no longer 1.3 million people actively playing this game. If this was so every server would be at a standard population during prime time. The cap is so low on these servers that a population of 2000 is considered standard. So sorry if you dont see the logic in his 1 million subs lost theory. I am always facinated by the sheep would will believe any number thats handed to them. I wonder if these same people believe that the New Healthcare Plan for America isnt going to cost the tax payers anything extra because the president said so?

No one is trolling, most people are pissed they spent so much money on a game that was hyped up way beyond what was given to them. Would you not be mad if you went out to eat at a resturant that servers the best food ever and they gave you gerber for toddlers on a plate? Would you not write a review and tell all your friends how disappointed you were to pay for something that didnt live up to expectations? See this is where logic fails people. Complaining is not trolling, its voicing a opinion on why or how things have upset them. Alot of times that comes with a suggestion on how to fix the situation

They should have went with KOTOR 3 imo. They could have stayed as a respected RPG developer if they would have just made an amazing star wars single player RPG.

Not that SWTOR is a bad game, it is just far too similar to WoW but falls flat on its face in many aspects that it just can't compete.

I hope Bethesda doesn't ruin the Elder Scrolls series with their MMO idea. I know that another developer is handling it, but I hope Bethesda decides to keep making the games. They're very enjoyable.

I wish Bioware would just create an entirely new Star Wars universe and make a trilogy of RPG single player games as good as KOTOR 1.

Hello everyone,

While we understand that players can be frustrated with the community at times, please understand that threads like this (even when made with good intentions) tend to result in flame wars and have little room for constructive discussion. In the future, we encourage you to create threads that foster constructive discussion and not ones which criticize the community.

Because a thread about this topic already exists, we'll be closing this thread in order to consolidate discussion. We encourage you to join the existing discussion here:

Subs down 25%

We appreciate your understanding that we've closed this thread!