Back in my day...

ADGarner

I had to use paper, a pencil, some dice and an imagination. Next?

Ditto; in my day we only had 6 sided die gathered from various other games lying about the house; no polyhedral plastic pips for us. And we liked it!

Back in my day, we didn't have cell phones, cable, video games, home computers, hell even a calculator was rare to see in a persons home until about the mid 70's.

Yep, we didn't have twitter, text messaging, blogs or forums, so when we had pointless information, we usually just kept it to ourselves. Good times. :)

back in my day there were only 2 classes,

Plumber, or Hedgehog.

Both had one special ability; jump

both had the same mission: get from the far left of the map to the far right

x

OOooh, weren't you fancy.

Back in my day, we had two classes: left vertical bar and right vertical bar. You could go up, or down. None of that fancy 'side to side' stuff. You completed your mission when you knocked the little ball past the vertical bar on the other side.

Back in my day.. You actually had to (click) on the door to open it while a mob is chasing you.... SMACKS you, and you are stunned and turning is a daze.. Waiting to get back to running thru that door you just opened (click) again, and pray to hell that some big Ogre isn't blocking the doorway.. LOL

Back in my day, I played Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds:P Then we had BBS games, MajorMud, Tradewars ande Red Dragon Inn. Then, they had the first mmo I ever played, Gemstone. We had tro type everything out, Look w, go west, att 1st rat, att 2nd rat, skin 1st rat, skin 2nd rat, look n, go north. God forbid you werent a great typest. Those games, fluff was eveything. People paid RL money for specific decriptions of special items. Ist graphical multiplayer game was NWN. Then City of heroes. I love this game:P