Daily/Weekly

Scepter

I'm just curious as to who thought this was a great idea to make them for participation and not actually attempting to win? Carebear Wars here we are.

Says the premade who like to stomp PUGs instead of facing equally geared and skilled challengers.

Says the premade who like to stomp PUGs instead of facing equally geared and skilled challengers.

What are you talking about? I love facing equally geared + skilled players. Some of my most memorable matches were prem vs prem.

The problem with the system before was the entire emphasis was around winning, not participation. Game going downhill? Leave and make it someone else's problem. It was the root cause of people leaving matches.

Edited by ComeAndSee

What are you talking about? I love facing equally geared + skilled players. Some of my most memorable matches were prem vs prem.

The problem with the system before was the entire emphasis was around winning, not participation. Game going downhill? Leave and make it someone else's problem.

I didn't quote you, I quoted the guy who likes fighting against people who have less gear than himself.

Lets just give a trophy to everyone just for being there! oh wait that's what they do with children now and why in 20 years people are going to have issues with not being rewarded for being bad at something. Winning is supposed to be rewarded, not being bad and losing. If you have a hard time winning, then fix your issue. Don't bring the lvl of achievement down to make it easier. That's the same argument that's been debated for what 30 years in the educational system and now it's being implemented here. GG Bioware. Other games are looking so much more appealing these days. Edited by Scepter

I may be mistaken but I think winning counts as 2 matches for daily.

Must say I got into like 7-8 matches today (after reset) and NOBODY left even when we were loosing!

If it is going to fix quitter problem I am fine with it.

Lets just give a trophy to everyone just for being there! oh wait that's what they do with children now and why in 20 years people are going to have issues with not being rewarded for being bad at something. Winning is supposed to be rewarded, not being bad and losing. If you have a hard time winning, then fix your issue. Don't bring the lvl of achievement down to make it easier. That's the same argument that's been debated for what 30 years in the educational system and now it's being implemented here. GG Bioware. Other games are looking so much more appealing these days.

So basically you feel threatened that creating a level playing field with regard to gear will expose you for the unskilled noob you are?

This has nothing to do with rewarding losses. It is all about creating a competitive environment where gear differences are minimalized and actual player skill is the primary determining factor.

Edited by Darth_Philar

Must say I got into like 7-8 matches today (after reset) and NOBODY left even when we were loosing!

That's really it.

It really amazes me how Bioware changes the things the players ask for and people complain. Honestly, this is the first MMO I've played where the developers listen to the players.

Or they could actually put in a penalty for quitting but again this is Carebear Wars now. One simply can not walk into Carealot.

Edited by Scepter

It's an amazingly good idea. I am not a carebear in this game, all I do is PVP. On my server Rep is way outnumbered, consequently at launch we got completely stomped by Imp. Consequently, Imp is always better geared. Whether this explains the disparity now, I don't know for sure. However, yesterday I had the day off and played WZ for 10 hours at least, and could not complete the daily (3 wins) until 2 am. Topped the leaderboard all day long, but got completely stomped by Imp all day long. This daily change is the best thing since sliced bread. Winning is still given incentive by weekly, and don't forget if you want to be awesome join rated in 1.3

Yes wins count as 2 so if you "roll" you can still get your daily weekly done in 3 matches 9 matches ect.

But what it means is that even if you lose all matching it will take twice as long as a steam rolling premade is all it really means to complete the dailies/weekly that give minimal rewards.

But it should prevent people from leaving for a little while but how productive those people will be in a losing war zone well that is another story to be found out today

From what i have heard in 1.3 they are getting rid of the scoreboard at the end of the Warzone... then a fix will get rid of all damage.

Finally.. you won't be able to hit another player at all and all overtly aggressive emotes will be removed.

Clarify for me. Is this a change to the low level daily (big whoop), or the level 50? Because if it was the level 50 daily... frankly, anything that reduces the gear gap is welcome right now.

Not sure if it is changed for the lowbie, but it is for 50.

also, what gear gap? BM takes like a week or two to get since 1.2

I have no problem with this change. I would have a big problem if wins didn't count as 2 though.

Clarify for me. Is this a change to the low level daily (big whoop), or the level 50? Because if it was the level 50 daily... frankly, anything that reduces the gear gap is welcome right now.

didnt check lower WZs but for 50 it is "Participate in 6 WZs". Win counts as 2 matches played so for ROFLPREMADESTOMPERS it will be the same.

I hope that they at least increased rewards for weekly...

Ahh the gear argument... I've seen people in Recruit gear consistently out perform and out play people in War Hero Gear. If you're bad then you're bad. Gear won't save you. Next you'll be whining about Buffs...

That's really it.

It really amazes me how Bioware changes the things the players ask for and people complain. Honestly, this is the first MMO I've played where the developers listen to the players.

Thats the biggest problem. Most "players" are whiny clowns and very few people ever agree how an mmo should be balanced and developed. Game was good as rolled out.

Ahh the gear argument... I've seen people in Recruit gear consistently out perform and out play people in War Hero Gear. If you're bad then you're bad. Gear won't save you. Next you'll be whining about Buffs...

So... you are upset for no reason?

The only possible reason you would want gear to be more difficult to obtain is to protect your own gear advantage. So you indicated that you don't want gear to be easier to obtain but you have also just indicated above that you don't think gear makes any difference. So what are you on about?

So... you are upset for no reason?

The only possible reason you would want gear to be more difficult to obtain is to protect your own gear advantage. So you indicated that you don't want gear to be easier to obtain but you have also just indicated above that you don't think gear makes any difference. So what are you on about?

You seem to be obsessed with gear. I said nothing about wanting things to be more difficult to obtain. I do however have a problem with people being rewarded for participation rather than effort and skill.

It doesn't FIX the quitter problem. Now they simply stand around and do nothing in your match guaranteeing a loss that way.

:rolleyes:

Great idea. It gives people incentive to remain in the WZ instead of bailing at the first sign of fail. If wins count as two wz's participated, then it is no different from before (i.e. 3 wins completes the daily). This is a change with no downside and will hopefully encourage more participation in PvP.

While several decisions regarding PvP have made me scratch my head, this one clearly shows that someone with some common sense is still working on fixing things.

Thanks for a positive change.

You seem to be obsessed with gear. I said nothing about wanting things to be more difficult to obtain. I do however have a problem with people being rewarded for participation rather than effort and skill.

The only thing you can do with your reward is buy gear... therefore your whole point revolves around gear. I'm just bringing that underlying narrative to light.

I actually hate the fact that gear exists in PvP. Everyone should always have even stats.

The problem with the system before was the entire emphasis was around winning, not participation. Game going downhill? Leave and make it someone else's problem. It was the root cause of people leaving matches.

well then you are in luck, now it will be more likely to face equally geared players. Win / win no?